Aruba Beach
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Paul and Andrea May 3 - 17

I feel your pain nothing worse then leaving, ughhh I hate that feeling!
    I dread going to the airport and sitting there in front of that glass wall watching all the people just arriving that really is the icing on the cake for an overall bad day!

Milky2884,I thought it was just me,I sit there and say the same thing,take me back with you pleeeeeease.lol

Its horrible they need to put a curtain up there or something!
    Matter of fact when we arrive I make it a point to not look at those poor people because I know eventually that will be me sitting there and I know how it feels.

Aruba since 1979
    The good thing about the 8:40 AA flight to Miami is that there are no arrivals at that time so we see NO joyous arriving tourists.

Thanks for sharing your daily reports! I enjoy reading them Glad to hear you had a great trip!
    8th trip to Aruba!

Andrea, I enjoyed every single one of your updates about your trip, I can't wait to get there June 2-7, 2013. I also appreciate everyone's feedback about the restaurants and the different activities, it has helped me decide on the places we will go and what we are going to eat. I will bring my Nook with me, if I can use it I will try to post something every other day (as it will be our first vsit to ARUBA). I hope you all get home safely! Have a great weekend!

Andrea-I saw that you mentioned once in your report about not seeing any flies or mosquitoes at Ren Island. Hope it stays that way. On one of our trips a few years ago, (2010, I believe) the mosquitoes were so bad on Ren Island that most guests stayed away....even with the steady wind, the mosquitoes were attacking and even making some bleed! One other question- did you have any issues with electricity at the Ren? 2 years ago, the power was going out continuously...sometimes for more than a day at a time...it was a power plant issue that only affected the Ren. Crazy! We'll be there 7 weeks from today for 2 weeks.

Aruba since 1979
    no issues with electricity.
    today at 6 am a water pipe broke but we were checking out and got our showers in!

friday, may 17

we had a 8:40 am flight
    checkin at airport easy
    us customs opened at 7 with 1 agent
    we awaited in line there for 55 minutes, then 2 more agents came on.
    got to the gate just in time for boarding.
    people were po'd to say the least re: customs

flight to miami ...i slept and it apparently was smooth
    3 hr layover in miami before orlando connection and then it was a 40 minute bumpy ordeal......i was a bit nauseated.
    traffic on 417 was easy, I-4 was a nightmare.
    it took us 100 minutes to travel the 50 miles west from orlando to home.

so folks, that's all ..til maybe next may we'll get to aruba again.
    no big trips planned til then.........bringing out airconditiong to the lanai, new tankless water heater and health insurance increase by 30% beginning june 15
    then again, if we win the powerball........................

Aruba since 1979
    one day we had a few flies at the pool, but no problems with mosquitos at all during this visit to aruba.

Quote Originally Posted by ktziff View Post
    Andrea-I saw that you mentioned once in your report about not seeing any flies or mosquitoes at Ren Island. Hope it stays that way. On one of our trips a few years ago, (2010, I believe) the mosquitoes were so bad on Ren Island that most guests stayed away....even with the steady wind, the mosquitoes were attacking and even making some bleed! One other question- did you have any issues with electricity at the Ren? 2 years ago, the power was going out continuously...sometimes for more than a day at a time...it was a power plant issue that only affected the Ren. Crazy! We'll be there 7 weeks from today for 2 weeks.

Welcome home

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast