Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Playa Linda 7/26/15-8/9/15

Have a safe, fun trip! And keep us posted on your adventures!

Thanks everyone! We are really looking forward to our vacation. I enjoy reading trip report as well. It's fun to see how other people spend their vacations

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Have a safe trip! Looking forward reading about your adventures!

Have a fantastic time, enjoy every moment , great place to make great memories

Well travel day began a little over 5 hours ago. Our day began when our alarm sounded at 2:50 AM. We threw our last minute toiletries in our suit case, and our journey began. My dad dropped my mom and I off at the Pittsburgh airport at 3:45 AM. We were checked in, through security and at our gate by 4:25 AM for our 5:30 AM flight. Our flight to Orlando took off on time, and landed on schedule at 7:30AM. We are now sitting in Orlando airport with 3 hours to kill before our 3 hour flight to Aruba. We are schedule to arrive in Aruba at 1:55 PM.

We are flying Southwest, which we did last year as well. From Pittsburgh we got a great airfare, just under $500. With two free bags each way, we believe its a pretty good deal. We each travel with two bags, my dad and I take our golf clubs as our second bag. We are planing to play 9-holes next Monday at the Divi Golf Course. Its a tradition for us to play there, we've done so for the past 6 years.

Once we pick up our rental car and check in at the Playa Linda, we planning to visit the new pool and the beach. Then grab a few drinks at Happy Hour. We will more than likely take a nap before dinner, since its such a long day. Dinner tonight will be at Amore Mio for pizza. Casa Tua has always been our first night restaurant, but we always end up eating there twice because my cousin and dad always want to eat there as well. However this year we decide to switch our first nights dinner because there are so many different places we want to try, we dont want to eat at a restaurant twice.

You're almost there! Have a wonderful vacation!

Have a wonderful time. Can't wait to read your posts.

Hope the 2nd flight was just as easy as the first
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Travel day was going smoothly until we arrived in Aruba. Our flight look off from Orlando 10 minutes behind schedule, however we still arrived in aruba on time at 1:55. We getting off than plane and working towards immigration. We went up the first escalator to find a line about 100 ft or so long of people waiting to go down the escalator to immigration. Everyone seemed to be very upset, and no one seemed to know what was going on. We were instructed to the back of the line. We were waiting a few minutes, when an employee for the airport started apologizing to everyone. My mom proceeded to ask him what the problem was, and he told us "I am not sure what is going on, it has to do with the people running immigration. But please go and write a review so someone higher ups here will see it. Then maybe something will be done to the management for immigration."

So we figured we'd be waiting for a while. So i ran to the bathroom, where I had to wait in line again(of course, always a line for the ladies room). While I was waiting, another plane arrived to aruba and people were confused just like we were. However, everyone got in line as instructed. Until the same employee for the airport came up and took anyone with children to the front of the line. It seemed like he was taking anyone with a child under that age of 18. Once going back to my mom, her and other travelers were already vocalizing there opinion to the employee about how wrong his decision was to take families ahead of everyone once. He tried to cover his a** by saying "all those families I took ahead had mentally handicap family members, who were returning from playing games." I immediately called his bluff, telling him I heard him say "Families with children I'll take you to the front of the line". He just continued with his initial story and told us to talk to his supervisor.

My mom and other couples went and complained to the supervisor. While they were complaining another plane landed. These travelers were not instructed to the back the line. This then made things worse because the supervisor was planing to allow them to head immigration without waiting in line. My mom and another lady complained. So those travelers had to wait. We never heard what the problem was as we never had to wait like this before.

We were finally allowed down to the immigration area, after waiting roughly 45 minute above the immigration area. Once in the immigration area we waited another 30/35.

At this point our luggage had already been pulled off the carousel. So we were able to pick them up quickly. From there we stopped in the duty free store and bought two bottles of absolute vodka and Kahlua for $65.

Now we were off to pick up our rental car. We met an employee of Value Car Rental Aruba cross from the arrival hall, near the water fountain. He put our bags in the shuttle bus. He drove us to the pick up location near the Buccaneer. We arrived there around 350, and were on our way to our hotel by 4. The shuttle bus driver was not the friendliest, and his driving was pretty scary. But we arrived safely.

Our room was ready when we arrived at the Playa Linda, were in our room by 415!

Aruba since 1979
    wow, what an unfortunate and miserable experience with immigration.
    never have i heard such a story.

i hope that once you got checked in to the playa linda, that you were able to de-stress and get to the business of enjoyment.

thank you for taking the time to write.

how was today??
    Quote Originally Posted by mpalmieri View Post
    Travel day was going smoothly until we arrived in Aruba. Our flight look off from Orlando 10 minutes behind schedule, however we still arrived in aruba on time at 1:55. We getting off than plane and working towards immigration. We went up the first escalator to find a line about 100 ft or so long of people waiting to go down the escalator to immigration. Everyone seemed to be very upset, and no one seemed to know what was going on. We were instructed to the back of the line. We were waiting a few minutes, when an employee for the airport started apologizing to everyone. My mom proceeded to ask him what the problem was, and he told us "I am not sure what is going on, it has to do with the people running immigration. But please go and write a review so someone higher ups here will see it. Then maybe something will be done to the management for immigration."

So we figured we'd be waiting for a while. So i ran to the bathroom, where I had to wait in line again(of course, always a line for the ladies room). While I was waiting, another plane arrived to aruba and people were confused just like we were. However, everyone got in line as instructed. Until the same employee for the airport came up and took anyone with children to the front of the line. It seemed like he was taking anyone with a child under that age of 18. Once going back to my mom, her and other travelers were already vocalizing there opinion to the employee about how wrong his decision was to take families ahead of everyone once. He tried to cover his a** by saying "all those families I took ahead had mentally handicap family members, who were returning from playing games." I immediately called his bluff, telling him I heard him say "Families with children I'll take you to the front of the line". He just continued with his initial story and told us to talk to his supervisor.

My mom and other couples went and complained to the supervisor. While they were complaining another plane landed. These travelers were not instructed to the back the line. This then made things worse because the supervisor was planing to allow them to head immigration without waiting in line. My mom and another lady complained. So those travelers had to wait. We never heard what the problem was as we never had to wait like this before.

We were finally allowed down to the immigration area, after waiting roughly 45 minute above the immigration area. Once in the immigration area we waited another 30/35.

At this point our luggage had already been pulled off the carousel. So we were able to pick them up quickly. From there we stopped in the duty free store and bought two bottles of absolute vodka and Kahlua for $65.

Now we were off to pick up our rental car. We met an employee of Value Car Rental Aruba cross from the arrival hall, near the water fountain. He put our bags in the shuttle bus. He drove us to the pick up location near the Buccaneer. We arrived there around 350, and were on our way to our hotel by 4. The shuttle bus driver was not the friendliest, and his driving was pretty scary. But we arrived safely.

Our room was ready when we arrived at the Playa Linda, were in our room by 415!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast