Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Princess' trip report

My trip report

Thanks for all your responses!

My week in Aruba was the busiest ever, with so many people to catch up with and lots of new places to see in such a short time.

The first days we (husband and I) stayed in the home of good friends living in Palm Beach. It was lovely and relaxing, a great start of our vacation. One morning we needed a taxi, so our friends offered to call the best person for that, and guess who showed up!!? Bully small world!

The last part of our trip we stayed in the Radisson. LOVE that hotel! They always treat us like family members! In my opinion it is the best location on the island, and conveniently close to my favorite things to do.

Because I had to stay out of the sun, we spent most of our time visiting friends and checking out new places. Had a late lunch in "De Suikertuin" downtown one day, and that meal was to die for! DH had the teryaki chicken, I had the sweet & sour tilapia fish. Delicious, and very reasonably priced. We were sitting outside in the back garden, and it felt like finding an oasis in Sahara, since the restaurant is located on the busy Wilhelmina Straat.

On the O family's recommendation from this forum we also went to CILO's for lunch during the week. Great food! Nice sitting outside watching life in the marina

We had pizza at Linda's after reading good things about it here. It was tasty, but.. still prefer Casa Tua!

For night life we loved the 080 Cafe in Noord close to where the police station used to be. The drinks are cheap compared to the beach area, and they serve typical Dutch food/snacks. This is a place where you will find a nice mixture of tourists and locals, and they have some of the best bartenders in Aruba! Fun

If you are into singing, there is a karaoke bar called The Pipe next to Cafe Rembrandt in South Beach Centre. Very popular place these days!

Almost every day we watched the sunset from Bugaloe Beach Bar. In my opinion nothing beats the view from that pier (DePalm)!! I have been going there since the bar was called Kokoa, which was tons of fun Bugaloe is slightly different, but nonetheless, a great place to start your day, go for happy hour, or end your evening (or all 3 in 1 day, which is not unusual for me ) Live music several nights a week, great bands! Had quite a few meals there also, food is good and inexpensive. Two sailboats were anchoring just off the pier, turned out all the crew members were fellow Norwegians adventuring the Seven Seas.. awesome!! I will never complain about flying time again; took the sailors 4 months to get there, including 25 days in open water crossing the Atlantic Ocean

Walked over to Divi Phoenix our last day and found Pure Beach restaurant. Wish we had gone there sooner! Beautiful setting, great food, swim-up bar in one end.. First time I have had my beloved Brown Lady served with a perfectly shaped chocolate sauce heart on top! Recommended!

You guys were right; staying out of the sun is not hard when there is so much else to do. Rob O, going "against all odds" is truly healing, makes you appreciate everything even more!

Our vacation ended on a happy note, got upgrades on the flight back!
    Snow was finally gone when we returned home Life is good!
    Last edited by princess; 04-01-2010 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention the live music in Bugaloe

Aruba since 1979
    thank you for sharing your trip with us.

Senior Member aruba here I come's Avatar
    I am so glad you had a great time.....

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    What a nice report. glad you liked CILO...great location and food !
    Sounds like your vacation was perfect, thanks for the report.

Sounds like it was a wonderful trip.....

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Great report. Thanks for sharing.

North Side of the island, we spend a day there alone and maybe see 4 people.
    Great report! And I will for sure sample the Brown Lady since I consider myself a Prime tester of all BL's I can find on the island! LOL!
    Can you PM me the directions for the 080 Cafe in Noord?
    Thanks!

Thanks for your update. Everything sounds great! Also it is nice that you didn't have snow when you got home. By the way, what is a Brown Lady?

Aruba since 1979
    A brown lady is a marvelous frozen cocktail
    read up on it here
    Brown Lady Drink- where's the best?

Quote Originally Posted by Love Aruba View Post
    Thanks for your update. Everything sounds great! Also it is nice that you didn't have snow when you got home. By the way, what is a Brown Lady?

MMMMMMMMMMM I will have to try it! Sounds great---Oh I only have 49 more days (plus a few hours LOL) Can't Wait!
    Thanks again Andrea

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast