Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Randi's trip report

Randi's trip report

Hi Everyone,
    Haven't done too much since I arrived on Friday. Bully met me and I have to say I had the fastest time at the airport ever. My flight landed at 3:05pm, got through customs, got all my bags and was outside at 3:30pm!! My only issue of the day was with my fastphones rental. I got the phone but that will be for another day.

Saturday morning got van from Avis. Have to give them their kudos as they have "been true to their word" and have honoured the contract. I will be using them again in December as I have absolutely no complaints.

Saturday night went with some good friends to Screaming Eagles. Although I wasn't running to go back there, my friends had made the reservations and were nice enough to include me. I still had the same opinion, food was good, but expensive. Interesting, we filled out a comment card as they requested and the manager came over to discuss one of our comments. On the one hand, it was great that he wanted to find out more information, shows concern but on the other hand, it was a little akward too.

Sunday...Gold Medal Game at Busters was amazing!! The place was packed and tons of fun. Great game and the staff at Buster's Garage were fantastic. They were prepared for all the people with extra staff and were pretty quick on serving the customers. As I stated on another post, there were tons of Canadians, which was nice to see as there are so many more Americans in Aruba. But then again, hockey is "our" game!! Great game and both American and Canadians had a wonderful time.

DH arrives tomorrow!!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Keep us posted.on your vacation...I have a question though where did you pick up your car from avis...we couldn't find it when there in feb????

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Randi, Glad to know you'e having a great time already....sorry I was not there in person to eat my words with the Canadians taking the gold...but you have to admit the USA gave them a run for their money .!!!! So, Congrats on the Gold...Sidney Crosby will be coming home to the "Burgh" tonight and I am sure he will be well received for the great game he played.....Glad he is a Penguin when not playing in the Olympics....
    Keep us posted on how the rest of the vacation goes...and have a rum runner for me !!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Have a great vacation...DH coming today!!!

Randi, somethings wrong with the ticker at the bottom of your signature...

2nd report

Hi Everyone,

Not to make you all sad but Aruba is great! The weather has been a little funny, actually, as last week was more cloudy than normal and absouletly no wind to speak of. Many mornings it was overcast and afternoons were sunny mixtures. Still great beach days but not your usual blue skies with little clouds. One morning of rain and we just went into town shopping, always good for me not always so good for DH!

People are still talking about the Ritz and lots of mixed reviews on whether it is a good or bad thing. Probably, we will still be talking about it for years as who exactly knows when it will be built.

Palm Beach Mall is really nice with a few more stores opened but really not much to speak of. Within the next few months the stores are supposed to be open as is the movie theatre. Food court is open and I would assume that will be very popular with locals. Was there last night and mostly a lot of people just standing around. There is a dessert place, chicken, chinese, hamburger, "steak" fast food restaurants.

Two days ago there was another one of those wild ocean days with tons of sea weed washed up on shore. Not as bad as last year but enough that sitting at the front of the beach was not possible and lots of smelly sea weed. Two days later, all cleaned up and no problem. Apparently, ten days after any major snow fall/storm in New York will have this kind of effect. The past two days it has been very windy, total extreme of the previous week. Still hazy though.

Tried two restaurants that are new, one is Pinchos (not new but new to us!) and LOVED IT!!!! Great prices, great food, great service, great atmosphere and NO CIGARS-ArubaMark! That has been added to our definites for our trips. We also went to Papillion and loved that one too. They have really emptied out the tables they had inside and expanded their outside seating. Wonderul food.
    Went to Gianni's again and yes, can't believe it but another round of great service. They have know made set seating times (not sure about that) but we couldn't have been more pleased with the service and enjoyed our food. The only negative is the new awnings or tent for the outside seating. On our previous trip we found it very warm sitting outside and I thought it was that they redid the outside awnings, which they were having issues with last year. That does seems to be the case as this tent is a full tent style and it does get hotter under there. They have put numerous ceiling fans but I feel that more are needed. I would recommend sitting near the sidewalk to catch more of the breeze.
    El Gaucho, Blossoms CHINESE, Madame Jeanettes all great and loved them as usaul.
    We went to Linda's Pancake House as recommended by many on this BB and we also went to the Dutch Pancake house. We prefer Dutch Pancake house as they use more fresh fruit in their pancakes. Linda's only fresh is bananas and apples. Linda's is close to the high rise district but we also like the area of Dutch Pancake house better. Nicer outside area at Seaport Mall.

Moomba's... despite what the owner stated there was one serious injury and numerous small injuries. I got this from a local who was outside at the time of the collapse. The more serious injury was cause by a steel pipe lacerating the shoulder area. From what I hear everyone is fine now but that one injury was serious. The roof was just replaced in November and I am told that they will be rebuilding it more like the old one later one and the tent is only temporary.

Well, that is all and I must get to the beach!!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Sounds like you are having a great time Randi.
    Glad you enjoyed Pinchos, its not like anything else on the island for ambience. Nice menu too!
    Can't believe the weather is so wild.
    Hope you continue to have a great relaxing trip...post when ya can.
    Cindy

Aruba since 1979
    as always randi, we appreciate your reports!

3rd report

Well its hard to believe my stay is almost! I am in the countdown mode but still have another 4 days to go.

The weather has been amazing and very little cloud. Extremely hot as generally the wind hasn't been as strong as we are used to. DH went home yesterday and DS and I dropped him at the airport (which was quite busy for a Monday) and went shopping downtown. Nice to see it busy and lots of people mulling around. As much as I like the new malls in Palm Beach, I don't want the downtown to loose its charm, people or business.

Went to LG Smith and it is still (in our opinion) the best steak on the island! We had great service and excellent steak. One trillion times better than Ruth Chris's!! El Gaucho is also very good and it has a different type of atmosphere. Enjoyed Marandi's and it was a lovely night with a gentle breeze to enjoy the setting. Fantastic dinner as well. Went to Blossoms JAPANESE last night because DS loves it there. Show was fantastic. Food was good but prices just beyond!! Don't think we will be going there when we are a whole family, just to much $$$.

Not much else as the usual sun, swim, relax is the order of the day and every day. Will do my final report next week when I return home.

Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

Quote Originally Posted by arubalisa View Post
    enjoy the rest of your vacation!
    absolutely!!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast