Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reliving our trip Trip Report...The End!

Reliving our trip Trip Report...The End!

Sunday – Tuesday, June 6 – 8
    On the beach early Sunday morning…our second to last beach day because our flight home is early Tuesday morning . We have our anniversary dinner at Passion’s on the Beach tonight. We had another picture perfect day on the beach and it was a little hard to pull ourselves out of our chairs to get ready for our dinner…but oh so glad we did!
    We cleaned up and got ready in record speed…making it to the beach bar at Passions in time for a glass of wine before our dinner. Our reservation was at 6:00…we were the first table seated. We were warmly welcomed by our server who immediately wished us a “happy anniversary” and offered to take a picture. Pictures taken, we ordered a bottle of wine and shared the Grilled Shrimps Tunisian Style…they were huge! The bread was delicious as well, and we sat back and relaxed with our toes in the sand watching the people walk by and those playing in the water…the sun was just beginning to set and it was a bit warm to say the least! Once the sun started setting, it was perfect! It wasn’t too windy…they only had to relight the torch at our table once! We ordered a Captain’s Salad to share…so glad we did because it was huge! After the shrimp, bread and salad we waited a bit for our dinner order! We were never rushed…the service was excellent! I ordered grouper w/creamy shrimp and my husband had the mahi mahi w/scallops, both were delicious! The sunset was the most spectacular of our trip…lot’s of picture memories! After dinner they brought us a special cake w/sparkler! There was a young man playing light jazz and before the evening ended he played a special song for “the couple celebrating their anniversary”…so to end our evening we had a special dance together on the beach…It was an absolutely perfect anniversary celebration for us…tying with our 25th celebration on a dinner cruise on the Seine in Paris!!!
    We taxied back to the Divi and spent some time on our balcony listening to the music from the beach bar…to bed a bit later than usual but tomorrow is our last day...
    Monday we were out early and had a perfect last day on the beach. We spent a little time in the morning organizing our things to pack up…we learned that we would be picked up at 5 AM for our 7:50 flight….UGH! Note to self….no more early flights out of Aruba! Our day was spent enjoying the beach…we walked to the Tam to pick up a few souvenirs. We thought they had some very nice shops. We also picked some things up at the Divi shops. We packed and cleaned up for our last dinner at the Divi. Preparing to leave is not fun…but, the Divi makes it very easy by allowing check-out the night before.
    We ended our last evening with dinner at the Red Parrot…it was as delicious! One last drink at the beach bar and plans for another trip were made! We fell in love with Aruba and its warm people…we will be back!
    Our early flight back to Miami was uneventful. The custom’s process through the Aruba airport was interesting…a first for us! It made getting back to St. Louis easy, our luggage made it home with us even though we had 3 connections! Note to self…pay a little extra for easier connections home…! I had actually used frequent flier miles for this trip…next time I will be more “creative” in picking/choosing our flights!
    Danki Aruba pa unforgettable memories!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Reliving our trip Trip Report...The End!-498.jpg   Reliving our trip Trip Report...The End!-502.jpg   Reliving our trip Trip Report...The End!-506.jpg   Reliving our trip Trip Report...The End!-511.jpg  

Reliving our trip Trip Report...The End!-520.jpg  

Enjoyed reading all the parts of your trip report. Sounds like the perfect end to a perfect vacation! Photos were great, too!
    ~Amy~® - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    What an awesome trip! Sounds like the perfect end to a perfect vacation/anniversary celebration!

Aruba since 1979
    thanks for sharing your vacation with us.

loved reading it!

Thanks for sharing beachma, love the pictures..will defiinately have to try passions next trip.. glad you loved it in aruba.

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Thank you so much for your trip report. I hung onto every word. It makes it a little easier to wait for our next Divi trip next spring. I had been thinking of surprising my boyfriend with a trip to Passions on our next trip. We are one of those couples who never leave the Divi/Tam for dinner, but you and your pictures made me what to give it a try!! So glad you enjoyed your trip!

Aruba since 1979
    2 words describe passions.
    ATMOSPHERE and DELICIOUS.
    it is well worth the trip off resort.

enjoy.

:-)
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeymom View Post
    Thank you so much for your trip report. I hung onto every word. It makes it a little easier to wait for our next Divi trip next spring. I had been thinking of surprising my boyfriend with a trip to Passions on our next trip. We are one of those couples who never leave the Divi/Tam for dinner, but you and your pictures made me what to give it a try!! So glad you enjoyed your trip!

Thanks for all your kind compliments. I got so much great information from you all in planning our trip...Passion's being one of the "not to miss" places that I am so glad we didn't miss. We won't be able to make another trip until late winter or spring of 2011 . But, I am already making my list of things we want to do when we do get back!!!

great report and welcome back.. How did you get the pictures on your post?

lisa
    First trip to Aruba down; many more to come

Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by lrealnurse View Post
    How did you get the pictures on your post?

lisa
    Attachments and Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast