Aruba Beach

Thread: Reliving our trip Trip Report, Pt. 4

Reliving our trip Trip Report, Pt. 4

Saturday, June 5
    We started the day preparing for our 2 hour tour w/Cerry at 9:00. We had breakfast at the buffet and Cerry was at the resort promptly at 9:00. I had booked the tour with him about 2 weeks before our trip through his email/website. What can I say about Cerry….my husband and I both decided we should nominate him for Aruba’s Goodwill Ambassador! His love and extensive knowledge of Aruba and its history, politics, and people was incredible. We felt very comfortable with him the entire time and wished we had scheduled one more hour. In the two hours we had we went to the light house, the chapel, climbed the rock formation for the view of the city and beyond (I don’t recall what that particular site was called). He drove us around the “suburbs” and the “high rent district”! We saw Arashi Beach, Catalina Beach and Eagle Beach. At every stop he took pictures of us and my biggest disappointment at the end of the trip was that we failed to get a picture with him. I hope word gets out about him…it was definitely one of the highlights of our trip! After the tour, we had him drop us off in Oranjestad at Main Street. We spent the next few hours exploring the downtown area and shopping. Such interesting architecture! For lunch I was on a mission to find Cuba’s Cookin, but I had forgotten a map and the address, so we ended up missing it. We did eat lunch at a small local place called La Granja…I had noticed several locals leaving the restaurant with bags of carry outs, so I guessed it would be a good choice. We weren’t disappointed…they had split roasted chickens with a yummy dipping sauce and potato salad to die for! It was very casual, ordered at the counter, but it was also very reasonable. I would recommend it and would go back in a heartbeat! Once we finished lunch, the heat of the afternoon became quite unbearable so we caught a bus back to the Divi and spent the rest of the afternoon on the beach. We had dinner at the buffet and watched an oldies show from our table in the restaurant…tomorrow we celebrate our anniversary at Passions on the Beach!
    [/url]

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

Very nice....I can't enlarge the pictures though, is it me.... but they look wonderful. glad you had a great time...

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Hmmm...thought I had the picture thing figured out...guess not! Don't quite know what I did wrong. Any suggestions?

Aruba since 1979
    i am not a pro on photos.
    that being said, add your photos into your gallery and when you make a new update and new photos added, refer us all to check out your gallery.

clear as mud right?

Quote Originally Posted by beachma View Post
    Hmmm...thought I had the picture thing figured out...guess not! Don't quite know what I did wrong. Any suggestions?