Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Renaissance Aruba Resort

Renaissance Aruba Resort

Just returned from Aruba for the first visit and loved it. Wasn't particularly happy with this hotel and would not return. They were not at all welcoming when we checked in. The women at the front desk never offered anything other than one word answers and wouldn't even greet you as you walked past. I needed the assistance of the concierge who didn't want to be bothered and then requested to speak with the manager. He was even more unprofessional and seemed a little "slow" to me. The bed was very comfortable and the spa was beautiful. We did go to the Havanna show which was right up there with Vegas. Also, enjoyed the snorkeling excursion with the Jolly Pirates. They were a blast and the lunch was really good. For the price this was well worth it!! We rented a jeep and tried to make it to the Natural pool but because of the recent storm, the grooves in the road (if you can call it a road) seemed too dangerous. Tried to hike the rest of the way but gave up due to the heat and only having flip flops on my feet. I had used Marriott gift certificates to pay for the hotel stay. If I had known more about this hotel, I would have opted for the Marriott Stellaris instead. If I ever go back would love to stay at Eagle Beach.

Sorry you didn't have much luck at the hotel. Generally, people are very friendly. You'll have to give it another try sometime and come back. I've been going to Aruba since 1986 (on and off, mostly on). It doesn't have the mountainous scenery like some islands do, but it has lots to make up for it!
    Peace, Joy & Laughter to you! Maria ...
    Handcrafted Jewelry & More
    Beaded Beauty of TX

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    I am more than shocked at the service, or lack of, that you recieved at the Rennaissance. I would complain big time to Marriott. We are owners at the Renn. and have been going for 12 years. Never once did we have bad service. We travel with anywhere from 20-36 people and they too love it there. I am very upset to hear this !

We, too, just returned from a WONDERFUL stay at the Ren Marina. The people at the front desk, conceirge and everywhere were just fantastic. Bully picked us up and dropped us off at the airport. We got a harbor view room on the 6th floor. Jorge at the Island was fantastic, but so was everyone else!. WE ate at LG Smiths twice and Geordino was the best waiter ever!!!. I loved everything about this place and can not wait to go back. Thanks Cindyo for making me see the light. My husband said the best part was the island! No mosquitos and very, very few flies. It was only 3 nights but WOW!!! Thanks, ANN
    Next Aruba trip in

Quote Originally Posted by jamaicamom View Post
    It was only 3 nights but WOW!!! Thanks, ANN
    Good to hear you had a fabulous time Ann. When are you returning?

Jamaicamom, I am SO GLAD you enjoyed the Rennaissance. Thanks for letting me know. Ya hate to send someone to a place you like and hear they had a rotten time...So, now to buy a timeshare at the suites....cindyo

We not only lost power more than once at this hotel, one evening there was no water - NONE - so my husband was unable to shower for dinner. When we asked at the desk all they said was they were working on it. No explanation or apology for the inconvenience was offered.
    I've heard LG Smith has fabulous food but they wouldn't accept my certificates so we went to Simply Fish instead. The dinner was very good not to mention right on the beach. Maybe the food at LG Smiths is better but I had shrimp cocktail, lobster tail & tiramisu and it was all perfect. I think it worked out to be a more memorable dinner for us and they never blinked an eye when I used the certificates to pay.

sorry to hear you had such a bad experience -- when my hubby and I went last and stayed at Ren Marina ( we are staying there again in 15 days) - Everyone was wonderful from moment we walked into lobby to everytime we passed thru to go somewhere -- I do agree and also suggest you give it another try as Aruba is the one island in caribbean that is the most friendliest and best island to vacation on ( i've been to seven other islands and always return to aruba)
    so please don't let this stop you from coming back to Aruba -
    try again as I'm sure you will not be dissappointed....
    Next Aruba trip in

Alto Vista Chapel, Renaissance Island, Arashi Beach

Thumbs up Snow is Back from Aruba Heaven At Renaissance

Hello my friends,

Just returned from the most fabulous vacation ever! Two blissful weeks at the Renaissance Ocean Suites in our new timeshare 2350. The corner Oceanfront was simply breathtaking!

Very confused at the above posting. The front desk, concierge, housekeeping, management, pool and bar staff, LG Smith manager and servers bent over backwards for us to make our stay perfect. Customer Service was Stellar!!! We always had hot water, power and A/C, it was the Marriott Surf club that was having electrical problems! Gave them glow sticks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hubby and I made many new friends. Aruba Mark, you are too cool!!! Will give you a more detailed report later.
    One Happy Aruba Lover,
    Sue
    Last edited by wnysnow; 11-01-2008 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Spelling

Next Aruba trip in

Sue, welcome home. Looking forward to hearing all about the trip, where you ate, what you did, how was everyone, the timeshare meeting...fill us in asap...cindy xo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast