Aruba Beach

Thread: Renaissance Marina Hotel 12/22/12 - 12/29/12

Renaissance Marina Hotel 12/22/12 - 12/29/12

Hi. So the wife and I returned safely from Aruba from our 5th visit. The first week we were at the Marriott Aruba Surf Club, where we own a timeshare and then the second week we spent at the Renaissance Marina Hotel & Resort.

I have to say that the most exciting thing about this trip was experiencing the private Renaissance island. Here's my report.

In regards to the boat captains checking your carry-on; I believe they could care less. EVERYONE got on the boat to the private island with some sort of beach bag. There were people carrying straight up full Starbuck's coffee cups and bagels!

Though, the only "bag check" incident we witnessed was after arriving on the island where the island manager was welcoming the guests off of the boat. He commented to a lady whom was with her daughter that they do not allow soft-sided coolers on the island. Then throughout the rest of the week they brought a beach bag with their stuff.

I will say that on our first day to the private island we did not bring anything but a beach bag full of lotions. It was only after seeing people board the boat with us that same day, did we decide that he rest of the time we were bringing whatever we wanted in our beach bag. We were meticulous about cleaning up after ourselves, which the majority of the people there were amazingly not! Now I know why they want to stop people from bringing food and drinks. But it has to start with the boat captains not leaving it up to the island manager after you arrive on the island.

Aruba since 1979
    thanks for that!

did you go to any restaurants or take part in activities?

glad to hear the private island apparently met your expectations!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by all2surreal View Post
    Hi. So the wife and I returned safely from Aruba from our 5th visit. The first week we were at the Marriott Aruba Surf Club, where we own a timeshare and then the second week we spent at the Renaissance Marina Hotel & Resort.

I have to say that the most exciting thing about this trip was experiencing the private Renaissance island. Here's my report.

In regards to the boat captains checking your carry-on; I believe they could care less. EVERYONE got on the boat to the private island with some sort of beach bag. There were people carrying straight up full Starbuck's coffee cups and bagels!

Though, the only "bag check" incident we witnessed was after arriving on the island where the island manager was welcoming the guests off of the boat. He commented to a lady whom was with her daughter that they do not allow soft-sided coolers on the island. Then throughout the rest of the week they brought a beach bag with their stuff.

I will say that on our first day to the private island we did not bring anything but a beach bag full of lotions. It was only after seeing people board the boat with us that same day, did we decide that he rest of the time we were bringing whatever we wanted in our beach bag. We were meticulous about cleaning up after ourselves, which the majority of the people there were amazingly not! Now I know why they want to stop people from bringing food and drinks. But it has to start with the boat captains not leaving it up to the island manager after you arrive on the island.