Aruba Beach
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By cindyo
  • 2 Post By Andrea J.
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.
  • 2 Post By rob o
  • 1 Post By rob o

Thread: Rennaissance HERE and misc stuff....

  1. #1
    Senior Member cindyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Posts
    5,699

    Rennaissance HERE and misc stuff....

    Checked in at 10:30 room of course not ready

    guess what Nurseshark !!!! We are in 2101 and it's done!!!!

    coffee maker is that little wierd pod, not keurig, and makes 1 at a time. Phone had no buttons on it so waiting for a new one. There is only one frig in the room. No ice bucket. We're sleeping on the hide a bed tonite, it's brand new, so stay tuned for a comfort report. While the rooms finished there's things missing like the ice bucket, silverware tray, sharp knives.

    the shower has changed up s bit from our first visit in September. There is more of a slant to floor and didn't seem to flood as much...

    seaweed is crazy and they are working to clean it up. Water has been very rough this past week.

    ate at Scala last night, very good! Grouper with almonds. ( had it 5 times so far)

    met Randi and DH at Taste of Belgium for dessert and coffee... Yummy place to go

    wanted to make a mental note to myself to tell you all that the pizza on the private island can be made gluten free

    niece and nephew went on the Segway tour up at lighthouse today, awaiting their report

    note to all too, those lovely shopping bags they hand out at the airport do not hold any weight. Our family learned the hard way with the handles breaking along with glass items.. Beware. It's the Divi ones.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    39
    Finally found your post CindyO. Was the bed not ready, why you were sleeping on the pull out? One fridge isn't good, but at least the overall room is ready. We'll find a way to make it work. Glad to hear they learned some lessons on the shower, though we were just prepared to do the towel trick like others have reported. Life is always and adventure! Hope you guys have a good rest of the week and Happy New Year.

  3. #3
    Senior Member rpumpire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    273
    Out of curiosity, why would one need more than one fridge?

  4. #4
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,889
    the refrigerators at renaissance are the small college dorm type...or maybe a tad larger.
    2 of them barely cut it, one is unacceptable.

    Quote Originally Posted by rpumpire View Post
    Out of curiosity, why would one need more than one fridge?

  5. #5
    Super Moderator Jacki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,841
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post

    note to all too, those lovely shopping bags they hand out at the airport do not hold any weight. Our family learned the hard way with the handles breaking along with glass items.. Beware. It's the Divi ones.
    The bags at Super Food are awesome! I think they are $1.00 each but WELL worth it! They are the plastic type with a little zippered pocket inside.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

  6. #6
    Senior Member cindyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Posts
    5,699
    Huh? Are you kidding, the little ones only hold like 10 items. I don't know about you but the soda, water, tonic water, cream cheese, butter, cold cuts need to be cold🌞

    Quote Originally Posted by rpumpire View Post
    Out of curiosity, why would one need more than one fridge?

  7. #7
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,889
    i am guessing that rpumpire did not know that the renaissance ocean suites does not have regular sized refrigerators.
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Huh? Are you kidding, the little ones only hold like 10 items. I don't know about you but the soda, water, tonic water, cream cheese, butter, cold cuts need to be cold

  8. #8
    Senior Member rob o's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,793
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurseshark View Post
    Finally found your post CindyO. Was the bed not ready, why you were sleeping on the pull out? One fridge isn't good, but at least the overall room is ready. We'll find a way to make it work. Glad to hear they learned some lessons on the shower, though we were just prepared to do the towel trick like others have reported. Life is always and adventure! Hope you guys have a good rest of the week and Happy New Year.
    Oh, the bed was ready, we let our adult daughters use it. I know....nuts!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com



  9. #9
    Senior Member rpumpire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    273
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i am guessing that rpumpire did not know that the renaissance ocean suites does not have regular sized refrigerators.
    Yes, I didn't realize that they were small. The way it was expressed, "only one fridge", leads me to believe that there used to be more than one. If that's the case, I would wonder why they would have multiple small ones instead of a regular sized one!

  10. #10
    Senior Member rob o's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,793
    Quote Originally Posted by rpumpire View Post
    Yes, I didn't realize that they were small. The way it was expressed, "only one fridge", leads me to believe that there used to be more than one. If that's the case, I would wonder why they would have multiple small ones instead of a regular sized one!
    Space restrictions....units just too small to accommodate a full sized frig.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com



Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO