Aruba Beach
Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By cindyo
  • 2 Post By Andrea J.
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.
  • 2 Post By rob o
  • 1 Post By rob o

Thread: Rennaissance HERE and misc stuff....

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River

Rennaissance HERE and misc stuff....

Checked in at 10:30 room of course not ready

guess what Nurseshark !!!! We are in 2101 and it's done!!!!

coffee maker is that little wierd pod, not keurig, and makes 1 at a time. Phone had no buttons on it so waiting for a new one. There is only one frig in the room. No ice bucket. We're sleeping on the hide a bed tonite, it's brand new, so stay tuned for a comfort report. While the rooms finished there's things missing like the ice bucket, silverware tray, sharp knives.

the shower has changed up s bit from our first visit in September. There is more of a slant to floor and didn't seem to flood as much...

seaweed is crazy and they are working to clean it up. Water has been very rough this past week.

ate at Scala last night, very good! Grouper with almonds. ( had it 5 times so far)

met Randi and DH at Taste of Belgium for dessert and coffee... Yummy place to go

wanted to make a mental note to myself to tell you all that the pizza on the private island can be made gluten free

niece and nephew went on the Segway tour up at lighthouse today, awaiting their report

note to all too, those lovely shopping bags they hand out at the airport do not hold any weight. Our family learned the hard way with the handles breaking along with glass items.. Beware. It's the Divi ones.

Finally found your post CindyO. Was the bed not ready, why you were sleeping on the pull out? One fridge isn't good, but at least the overall room is ready. We'll find a way to make it work. Glad to hear they learned some lessons on the shower, though we were just prepared to do the towel trick like others have reported. Life is always and adventure! Hope you guys have a good rest of the week and Happy New Year.

Out of curiosity, why would one need more than one fridge?

Aruba since 1979
    the refrigerators at renaissance are the small college dorm type...or maybe a tad larger.
    2 of them barely cut it, one is unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by rpumpire View Post

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post

note to all too, those lovely shopping bags they hand out at the airport do not hold any weight. Our family learned the hard way with the handles breaking along with glass items.. Beware. It's the Divi ones.
    The bags at Super Food are awesome! I think they are $1.00 each but WELL worth it! They are the plastic type with a little zippered pocket inside.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Huh? Are you kidding, the little ones only hold like 10 items. I don't know about you but the soda, water, tonic water, cream cheese, butter, cold cuts need to be cold🌞

Aruba since 1979
    i am guessing that rpumpire did not know that the renaissance ocean suites does not have regular sized refrigerators.
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Huh? Are you kidding, the little ones only hold like 10 items. I don't know about you but the soda, water, tonic water, cream cheese, butter, cold cuts need to be cold

Quote Originally Posted by Nurseshark View Post
    Finally found your post CindyO. Was the bed not ready, why you were sleeping on the pull out? One fridge isn't good, but at least the overall room is ready. We'll find a way to make it work. Glad to hear they learned some lessons on the shower, though we were just prepared to do the towel trick like others have reported. Life is always and adventure! Hope you guys have a good rest of the week and Happy New Year.
    Oh, the bed was ready, we let our adult daughters use it. I know....nuts!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i am guessing that rpumpire did not know that the renaissance ocean suites does not have regular sized refrigerators.
    Yes, I didn't realize that they were small. The way it was expressed, "only one fridge", leads me to believe that there used to be more than one. If that's the case, I would wonder why they would have multiple small ones instead of a regular sized one!

Yes, I didn't realize that they were small. The way it was expressed, "only one fridge", leads me to believe that there used to be more than one. If that's the case, I would wonder why they would have multiple small ones instead of a regular sized one!
    Space restrictions....units just too small to accommodate a full sized frig.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com