Aruba Beach
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By cindyo
  • 1 Post By Traceyd14
  • 1 Post By WaltVB

Thread: Scooter snorkel with Arubabob today

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River

Scooter snorkel with Arubabob today

The 2 high lites of our day today were scooter snorkeling with Stuart and dinner at Ruins del Mar.

kent picked us up at Surf a Club this morning and Stuart took the girls out for 1.5 hours. They had an great great time!!! This is a must do while in Aruba. The water was clear, totally calm and the sun was out. Perfect for them. They now want to do a nite dive next time. Stuart and Kent are two of the nicest guys you'd want to meet. Their knowledge, patience and equipment are top notch. Just waiting on our pictures that Stuart took under water of the girls diving down.

we used our survey gift card at a Ruins Del Mar ( Hyatt). Great meal, grouper was fabulous , mahi mahi Rob loved and kids were happy. Interestingly the Sous Chef and his entourage came out of the kitchen to talk to us. We had 4 people from the kitchen wanting our opinions on our meal. Rob and I are like..." What's this all about"???
    anyway we were pleased with everything. Service outstanding.

Heading to the Renaissance tomorrow for an overnite. Looking forward to the private island and Chinese food at a Hung Palace, especially the tomato soup.

Today seemed very crowded at Surf. The best comments of the day at the lazy river were 1.) one dad saying to his kid that he had spent 4000 $ on swimming lessons and he better not even go there about being afraid of the water....
    And 2.) one little girl screaming in her dad's arms in the water and he says to us," and I wanted more of these?!".
    Nice that there aren't any aircraft carrier floats in the river today!!

later, Cindy

Sounds like a great day - I think the Aruba Bob trip and Ruins del Mar are quickly getting higher on the to do list for the next trip. Love the comments from the dads too! Enjoy!
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Aruba since 1979
    Glad that snorkeling and dinner were great.

Parents need to to understand just how overwhelming a pool or lazy river or ocean are to the kids.
    Those dads should have chilled.
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    The 2 high lites of our day today were scooter snorkeling with Stuart and dinner at Ruins del Mar.

kent picked us up at Surf a Club this morning and Stuart took the girls out for 1.5 hours. They had an great great time!!! This is a must do while in Aruba. The water was clear, totally calm and the sun was out. Perfect for them. They now want to do a nite dive next time. Stuart and Kent are two of the nicest guys you'd want to meet. Their knowledge, patience and equipment are top notch. Just waiting on our pictures that Stuart took under water of the girls diving down.

we used our survey gift card at a Ruins Del Mar ( Hyatt). Great meal, grouper was fabulous , mahi mahi Rob loved and kids were happy. Interestingly the Sous Chef and his entourage came out of the kitchen to talk to us. We had 4 people from the kitchen wanting our opinions on our meal. Rob and I are like..." What's this all about"???
    anyway we were pleased with everything. Service outstanding.

Heading to the Renaissance tomorrow for an overnite. Looking forward to the private island and Chinese food at a Hung Palace, especially the tomato soup.

Today seemed very crowded at Surf. The best comments of the day at the lazy river were 1.) one dad saying to his kid that he had spent 4000 $ on swimming lessons and he better not even go there about being afraid of the water....
    And 2.) one little girl screaming in her dad's arms in the water and he says to us," and I wanted more of these?!".
    Nice that there aren't any aircraft carrier floats in the river today!!

later, Cindy

My awesome 18 month old grandson loved the lazy river. He wore his arm floats and swam to the point of exhaustion. He would not be happy when he had to get out either. Too bad about the dads, but everyone, kids and dads included have bad days. What I would give for just 1 more lap in the lazy river. Cindy, will you, Rob and the girls do one lap for us freezing back home?