Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Sept. 2-15 with lots of photos

Sept. 2-15 with lots of photos

Just click on the small photos within the report to make them larger.

http://www.aruba-travelguide.com/trip-reports/2012/amy-mike/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sept. 2-15 with lots of photos-32.jpg  
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Great report and pictures. The menu at 2 Fools looked great (as usual)-can't wait to go back there next summer.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffnev View Post
    Great report and pictures. The menu at 2 Fools looked great (as usual)-can't wait to go back there next summer.
    Great place, isn't it? Ate there in April but this was the first time my husband got to try it and he loved it. We had a good time with the 2 Fools (who were thoughtful enough to even get me a birthday card with a nice handwritten message.)
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Great trip report and as always enjoyed all your pictures, thanks for sharing. Congrats on your anniversary and birthday trip sounds like it was very special.

Can you please tell me the name and location of the place that has the Balashi Keg seats and tables? Also, the "I Love Aruba" sign? I know last year I had my picture taken but it was a wall painted in the high rise section of "I Love Aruba" did not see this actual Sign. I would like to take pictures of both these spots next month.

Thanks Amy!

Aruba since 1979
    thanks for posting
    great photos

Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post
    Great trip report and as always enjoyed all your pictures, thanks for sharing. Congrats on your anniversary and birthday trip sounds like it was very special.

Can you please tell me the name and location of the place that has the Balashi Keg seats and tables? Also, the "I Love Aruba" sign? I know last year I had my picture taken but it was a wall painted in the high rise section of "I Love Aruba" did not see this actual Sign. I would like to take pictures of both these spots next month.

Thanks Amy!
    The Balashi keg seats and tables are at a new bar downtown called The Local Store. It's on the second level (the stairs are on the side toward the back) right across the street from Iguana Joe's. They have a few local snacks there during the day like Pastechis, etc. At night it's more of a younger, local crowd with a DJ on the weekends.

The I Love Aruba sign is right downtown across the street from the marina - ya can't miss it!

Thanks - it was definitely a trip I'll remember thanks to the birthday and anniversary. We just celebrated every day! LOL!

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Thanks for the info Amy, we always go downtown at least once so I will definitely check out the new bar and also find the "I Love Aruba" sign. It is nice to see new places and things to see downtown.

Love your report and wonderful pictures! Makes me want to celebrate my anniversary there now too! What bar is the one pictured right on the water, very casual? That's the kind of place we'd love to go to next time. I think it's #35 of your pictures. We'll be staying at Marriot Surf Club and going to rent a car so if it's tricky to find, could you please give some easy directions? Thank you.

The picture is #38. Sorry. Where is that?

Photos 38 and 39 were taken at Zeerovers which is located in Savaneta. Just look at Flying Fishbone's website for a map/directions - Zeerovers is right before you get to Flying Fishbone. It's a local hangout where the fishermen bring their fish in. Beer is cold and cheap there and lunch consists of whatever fish they have that day - it's all fried and served in a basket. Fun, relaxing place.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast