Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tavilas

Thread: September 11 -21 17th visit

Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Baby Beach

September 11 -21 17th visit

After arriving home from our neighbors wedding close to midnight, we had 2 hours before van arrives to pick up our group of 8. We have a 5.25 am AA flight to Miami from Boston and then connecting to Aruba.
    Van Arrives early we are ready to go load our bags and on our way ... 5 minutes into the ride our friend realizes they left a carry on behind in the car, so we return, no big deal we were early. Our driver was very nice but is a bit old.. 81 to be exact and cant see that well at night, our 1 1/2 ride to the airport seems longer than the entire flight...i must keep talking to they guy and hoping he does not have a heart attack or hits the jersy barriers....we arrive safe at airport, I am ninutes from having a heart attack.
    Now all is smooth at airport we go through an intensive security check, it is 9/11 afterall, flight leaves on time connection in Miami is on time plane arrives early ....what a great feeling to be back in my favorite Island for the 17th time.
    As usual I go get our rental from Royal the rest stay behind getting bags. Front lanes of airport are shut down due to security issues. Before I was even picked up to get rental eveyone was already out with bags. some take taxi i get van....Arrive at Paradise Beach Villas and get a warm welcome home from the front desk, our 3 bedroom penthouse was ready and our Balashi Chill beer had arrived thanks to Henry our Aruban Friend of many years who runs the watersports on Eagle Beach.
    More to come.......

Glad you all arrived safe.Looking forward to reading about your vacation ENJOY.

Aruba since 1979
    look forward to reading more
    thanks!

Pbv

Tavilas...Looking forward to more on your trip. We a
    were also at PBV from 9/11 thru 9/18

After settling in and having a few cold ones on the patio it was time to test the water a quick walk to the beach and jump into the warm water of Eagle Beach. The Sand felt great and I had a plan to build something different this year, had my photos and could not wait till a full day to try it out.
    Time to pick a place for a quick bite we were all tired from a long flight and little sleep, everyone piles in the van and off we go with no place in mind but drive towards the high rises end up at the new mall and at TGIF. It ended up being a good meal got to see the light show with the water fountains and it was time to call it a day.
    Monday morning make a run to Lings to get groceries, return have a nice breakfast and time to head to beach. Bucket, shovels and some other tools in hand and head to the beach on a mission. The plan is to build the Twin Towers and the New tower, find a location and start to pile sand and wet the sand, I dont want to make it too big, it would be less work in piling sand. I start on the first tower its 3/4 built and collapses, ok the sand needed to be wetter so I start again, more water more sand, water water.....start building again almost done and...................

OH What happened? You had me on the edge of my seat...... ; )
    Pat

Well you guessed it collapsed again, I need to acess the problem and figure that the problem is I am building too high for the width, so need to get some forms made. Ask for some wood from the maintenance department they say they will cut it to my specifications, now that is great service. Next day comes wood is dropped off at the beach for me, we put wood together and fasten it with rope in a large square. We proceed to fill the box with water and sand, I have help now my son his friends are all helping we are packing sand watering it packing. It is looking like it will hold so its time to unfasten the form and build again. We start to loosen the ropes its holding but it starts to crack, so more sand more water, even had my son get on top and pack with his feet, great should be good now….so we loosen the forms take one board take 2, 3 and last one and we have a square of sand that I can carve out. Break time or should I say Balashi time, we all enjoy a cool refreshing Balashi Chill, I thank them and its now me to carve out what would be the Twin Towers.
    I start slowly from the top down, working one side at a time shaping the long windows and floor by floor, its taking great shape, even with just 2 sides people are recognizing what I am trying to build. Little children gather and watch they tell me in Spanish are you building the Twin Towers? Much to my surprise they recognize what I am trying to build. As I proceed happily with my plan the sand once again collapses ….the on lookers all say ahhhhhhhhhhhh, I say they are not meant to be built, so I continue with a traditional sandcastle and finish it to completion will attach photo. So ends the second day of sand play, did not succeed with my plan but still created something nice….took a nice swim and it was time for happy hour by pool side.
    When I arrive they are singing Karaoke, my son is singing much to my amusement, everyone is having a great time and before you know it I now make a fool of my self and sing “ I did it my way “ well not quite my way but still had a great time. As the sun goes down on Eagle beach, another beautiful sunset with the sail party boats going by a site that is what makes Aruba a place you want to keep on returning, and making great memories with family, friends and other happy people enjoying the same.
    Tonight we decide to cook in use our grill and enjoy the view, pour a nice glass of wine to sip as I grill some salted cod, my wife broils some small potatoes, make a fresh salad, she also chops fresh garlic.
    Once the cod is grilled we shred it and add virgin olive oil and garlic, the broiled potatoes we add sea salt to them and split them, now we poor olive oil over the potatoes and we have a great meal. FYI this is a very popular Portuguese dish, goes great with white or red wine, yes we did bring the cod from the States, we buy it a local Portuguese store.
    More to come.....

WOW!! What a story! Keep it coming!!
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017