Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: She had NO fun in aruba jeesh!

Andrea... I can't believe this. I work with a man who told me a story that was eerily similar to what you described (he and his wife were the recipients of such an incredibly generous gesture and it would have been about 2 years ago that this happened). He is retired and works part-time at my office. Now, myself and a handful of others at the office constantly relate our love for Aruba and exchange stories of amazing places to see and visit on the island. The man I mentioned had never been. He was offered an incredible deal from someone he knew – I can’t remember if it was a relative or friend, and he reluctantly took up the offer (I told him he would be crazy not to go). I can’t remember the exact amount or where they stayed but I think it was like $300 also. After he returned I was so excited to ask how his trip went and to welcome him into the “We Aruba” club, but to my utter surprise, he had nothing good to say about his trip. His report was similar to yours – too hot, too windy, sand whipped them while laying on the beach, food was nothing extraordinary, and on and on… I am sure my expression was one of horror. It made me sad and ill to hear because I couldn’t even imagine how one could come to this conclusion. Now I don’t know what his wife’s take on the vacation was, but since you and I are from the same area I can’t imagine there are more than one couple with the same story?!? Wonder if it’s the same person! So unfortunate that people can view life this way – but means we keep Aruba to ourselves and less crowded, right??

Simply amazing, selfish , ballsy ..... So sad to have so much and to appreciate so little.....Life is so short to not find the fun, joy and simple pleasures that surrounf each of us every day...

Aruba since 1979
    hahahaha
    i am wondering?????

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo78 View Post
    Andrea... I can't believe this. I work with a man who told me a story that was eerily similar to what you described (he and his wife were the recipients of such an incredibly generous gesture and it would have been about 2 years ago that this happened). He is retired and works part-time at my office. Now, myself and a handful of others at the office constantly relate our love for Aruba and exchange stories of amazing places to see and visit on the island. The man I mentioned had never been. He was offered an incredible deal from someone he knew – I can’t remember if it was a relative or friend, and he reluctantly took up the offer (I told him he would be crazy not to go). I can’t remember the exact amount or where they stayed but I think it was like $300 also. After he returned I was so excited to ask how his trip went and to welcome him into the “We Aruba” club, but to my utter surprise, he had nothing good to say about his trip. His report was similar to yours – too hot, too windy, sand whipped them while laying on the beach, food was nothing extraordinary, and on and on… I am sure my expression was one of horror. It made me sad and ill to hear because I couldn’t even imagine how one could come to this conclusion. Now I don’t know what his wife’s take on the vacation was, but since you and I are from the same area I can’t imagine there are more than one couple with the same story?!? Wonder if it’s the same person! So unfortunate that people can view life this way – but means we keep Aruba to ourselves and less crowded, right??

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Your a better person than me. I wouldn't have given the B**ch back a cent.

andrea....it truly is confusing how our love for aruba doesn't extend to everyone on the planet....strange but true...
    I also have a couple friends that have been to the island and did like like it......one said it was too windy the other was not happy in his marriage and he and his wife had a terrible time...divorced shortly after.....
    I have told both of them that they did not go down there with the right people...have invited the divorced one to come with us this year and pretty much guaranteed him he would have a blast....the other is a work colleague and I couldn't invite him...well I guess I could, I know his wife and could invite her as well...they would love it...

I have one last comment on this subject.......the first time we went to the island we rented a timeshare from a doctor I worked with and he gave me a pretty good idea what to expect from the people and island in general....told me about the wind, and even though we spent one day there the year before on a cruise I still knew nothing about the island...he warned me about the heat, how the island is on their own "time management schedule" and how not to get po 'ed about how long it takes to get waited on and to get your food.....so long story....I adapted my attitude to aruba time and had one of the best vacations of my life....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    andrea....it truly is confusing how our love for aruba doesn't extend to everyone on the planet....strange but true...
    I also have a couple friends that have been to the island and did like like it......one said it was too windy the other was not happy in his marriage and he and his wife had a terrible time...divorced shortly after.....
    I have told both of them that they did not go down there with the right people...have invited the divorced one to come with us this year and pretty much guaranteed him he would have a blast....the other is a work colleague and I couldn't invite him...well I guess I could, I know his wife and could invite her as well...they would love it...

I have one last comment on this subject.......the first time we went to the island we rented a timeshare from a doctor I worked with and he gave me a pretty good idea what to expect from the people and island in general....told me about the wind, and even though we spent one day there the year before on a cruise I still knew nothing about the island...he warned me about the heat, how the island is on their own "time management schedule" and how not to get po 'ed about how long it takes to get waited on and to get your food.....so long story....I adapted my attitude to aruba time and had one of the best vacations of my life....
    I'm very laid back but my husband, not so much. Once he realized that they are on their own schedule and he learned to relax we had a total blast! Such a good point of adapting to the culture to make it the best it can be!
    I feel bad for people that can't sit back and just enjoy life! Hard to phatham someone not enjoying Aruba but at least we know she won't be back to make the rest of us miserable!

Druif Beach, Casibari, Guadirikiri Cave, and Boca Catalina
    If people would just do a little research before going on a trip, they would know what to expect once there. I've never been to Aruba but I already know that when we go it will be very hot but with a nice strong breeze to keep us cool, that I'll need to apply sunblock like crazy, that "island time" means everything happens at a slow and relaxing space, etc. Not only that, vacation is a time to relax and enjoy -- not to complain about every little thing that doesn't reach your initial expectations.

The stories posted here of ungrateful and grouchy visitors make me laugh and groan at the same time. I couldn't imagine being friends (or family) with someone who'd have so many minor complaints about after a vacation. As for me, I'm having fun planning my next big trip -- hopefully to Aruba in July.

How would have ArubaMark handled this?????

Sorry, don't want an infraction.

You're a better person then me. Even if I did have a bad experience I would have bitten my tongue and not insulted a family member who was nice enought to extend their timeshare to us at a ridiculous cost. Sorry, no class!

Aruba since 1979
    you are a good guy mark.
    hahahaha
    can i give you an infraction anyway.......just cuz i can?

stay warm
    andrea

Sure why not?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast