Aruba Beach

Thread: Short trip report - 4/15 - 4/23

Short trip report - 4/15 - 4/23

Hey All we just returned 2 days ago from our 7th annual trip to the Hyatt. It was a wonderful time as always. The new rooms at the Hyatt look very nice, but i did find them a little impractical for our family. My main complaint would be the frosted glass windows and doors which separate the bathroom from the sleeping area. If anybody turns the light in the bathroom on in the middle of the night, the whole room is flooded with light. We ended up having to use the bathroom in the dark in order not to wake the baby. Next time i would bring a night light. (Or possibly the Hyatt should provide). We also had a couple of evenings where there was quite a bit of noise from parties that a large group had on the beach. With young children we are often in bed early and the parties went on quite late. Once that group checked out however we had a little more peace and quiet. We were also disappointed with the renovations of Palms Restaurant. IMO it looked much nicer before. That being said we would still plan on returning there next year - the service and people who work there are awesome and most of the employees we have now known for 7 years.

Ate at some of our usual places for dinner - Cafe Japengo, Tango and Blossoms - all very good. Tango however did not have the Tango show anymore which was disappointing - (due to problems with immigration). Tried a few new places as well. Smokey joes's - fabulous, Giannis - had a very delicious special in which they placed spaghetti in a tomato sauce inside a giant wheel of parm reggiano, The wheel of parm was first filled with whisky and lit on fire so that the cheese and whisky melted together and then the spaghetti was tossed in the cheese whisky sauce. It was wonderful - it could almost rival any pasta my mom in law can make which says a lot. We also tried Yemanja Woodfire Grill and had a fabulous meal there - service and food both wonderful. Also ate at Gilligans one nite and watched the sunset - just had hamburgers and Balashis.

Other than that - not much to report. We spend our days floating between the pool and beach, eating chicken tenders and playing bingo at lunch time, swimming with the kids and trying to read. With one child i could easily read 3 books during the week, 2 kids i still managed 2 books, this trip we took our third child for the first time - only one book read. Oh well i will have plenty of time for books during retirement.

BTW - my four year old sons new ambition in life is to be the Aloe Man.
    Already reset my countdown - 340 days to go.http://www.aruba.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
    katherine

Trip #14 in

Just Returned From 4/9-4/16 At The Hyatt. Loved It So Much - But Do Agree About The Bathroom Window. We Heard Alot Of Music From The Parties Below Too But We Opened Our Patio Door Every Nite To Hear And Had Our Own "happy Hour" The Only Thing I Did Not Like Was Not Being Able To Sit Out On The Balconies But Would Not Let That Keep Me From Staying There Again.

Joanie A

Ah, that infamous bathroom window...I have heard stories from everything including covering with wrapping paper and bringing one's own bedsheets to cover it.

katherine, your kids are adorable.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by katherine View Post
    Hey All we just returned 2 days ago from our 7th annual trip to the Hyatt. It was a wonderful time as always. The new rooms at the Hyatt look very nice, but i did find them a little impractical for our family. My main complaint would be the frosted glass windows and doors which separate the bathroom from the sleeping area. If anybody turns the light in the bathroom on in the middle of the night, the whole room is flooded with light. We ended up having to use the bathroom in the dark in order not to wake the baby. Next time i would bring a night light. (Or possibly the Hyatt should provide). We also had a couple of evenings where there was quite a bit of noise from parties that a large group had on the beach. With young children we are often in bed early and the parties went on quite late. Once that group checked out however we had a little more peace and quiet. We were also disappointed with the renovations of Palms Restaurant. IMO it looked much nicer before. That being said we would still plan on returning there next year - the service and people who work there are awesome and most of the employees we have now known for 7 years.

Ate at some of our usual places for dinner - Cafe Japengo, Tango and Blossoms - all very good. Tango however did not have the Tango show anymore which was disappointing - (due to problems with immigration). Tried a few new places as well. Smokey joes's - fabulous, Giannis - had a very delicious special in which they placed spaghetti in a tomato sauce inside a giant wheel of parm reggiano, The wheel of parm was first filled with whisky and lit on fire so that the cheese and whisky melted together and then the spaghetti was tossed in the cheese whisky sauce. It was wonderful - it could almost rival any pasta my mom in law can make which says a lot. We also tried Yemanja Woodfire Grill and had a fabulous meal there - service and food both wonderful. Also ate at Gilligans one nite and watched the sunset - just had hamburgers and Balashis.

Other than that - not much to report. We spend our days floating between the pool and beach, eating chicken tenders and playing bingo at lunch time, swimming with the kids and trying to read. With one child i could easily read 3 books during the week, 2 kids i still managed 2 books, this trip we took our third child for the first time - only one book read. Oh well i will have plenty of time for books during retirement.

BTW - my four year old sons new ambition in life is to be the Aloe Man.
    Already reset my countdown - 340 days to go.http://www.aruba.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
    Katherine - I also came home day before yesterday on the 23rd after almost 3 weeks on the island. Did you have an ungodly hour flight home like mine at 7:30 am. I had to change planes in Mami to get to EWR.

Regarding Tango's, I think it was last year that they stopped the Tango show (I get confused as when things change there as I was there for 2 1/2 months last year in 4 trips). The side where the Tango show was they are putting in a Burger King. The dish you had at Gianni's is Spaghetti al Formaggio Parmigiano. I had it there last July. Even though I do dine at Gianni's alot (three times this trip), personally I thought it was alot of money for spagetti.

Sounds like you had a great trip at the Hyatt. I didn't have enough time to check out the renovations at the Palms (where does the time go).

Liz - our flight was direct on continental - scheduled to leave at 2:20 pm. It left a little late, but all went well. Cannot imagine having to leave Aruba so early!!

Arubalisa - Thank You
    katherine

Trip #14 in