Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Small mishap, although fantastic trip

Small mishap, although fantastic trip

Hi all,

Just got back on Sunday from 2 fabulous weeks in Aruba. Stayed at LaCabana. The construction was a pain because of the detours we had to take but noise was not an issue at all.

Tried Pizza Bobís for the first time and I have to say itís the best pizza Iíve ever had!!

I miss my Amstel Brights alreadyÖ..seriously!

Went to the Butterfly Farm for the first time, I think I enjoyed it more than my children did!

One little mishap. I had a little tubing accident on Saturday. It was one of those 2-seater tube things that gets pulled by a speed boat. Everything was fine until the end, I thought he was done whipping us around (because he told us he was) so I didnít have a good grasp of the handles and I went flying off. I hit the water hard, it felt like concrete. I remember crashing down on my stomach but friends and people on the beach said I spun around about 3 times or so. Letís just say it was the scariest thing that has ever happened to me. Thankfully I had a life jacket on because once I stopped flying around, I not only could not move, I could not breath. I got the wind knocked out of me and I was gasping for breath. My breathing regulated somewhat and the boat came back for me although I was in some serious pain. There was no way I could climb back in the boat so a few people helped me swim to shore. Four days later Iím in some serious painÖbruised my ribs, stomach, did something to my neck (most likely whiplash because the CT scan showed no bleed) and Iím in a boot for my severely sprained ankle. I really donít know why I even got on it in the first placeÖ.my husband gently reminded me that Iím not 20 anymore. All I can say is thank God I didnít break my neck, or worse.

Other than that the trip was wonderful and I canít wait for next October!!

Glad to hear you are okay and injuries were not worse.

Aruba since 1979
    OUCH!
    i am sorry to hear of your "tubing adventure/catastrophe"
    those damn things are for the fearless and teens.
    fearless teens..........oh how i wish i was one again!

ice ice ice and believe it or not one of the best pain killers you can use is 2 MIDOL.

i am sorry to hear that you HURT.

what unit number where u in at lacabana?

Thank you both!!!!

People on the beach said I was lucky to be alive. I'm actually having a hard time getting the image out of my head. I keep replaying it over and over again. My 9 year old saw it happen.

Wow...midol? I'll give it a try. They gave me Flexeril (sp) although I just got it today so I haven't tried it yet.

Week 42 we stayed in 102E (we rented that from someone) and week 43, last week, we stayed in the unit we own which is 416C.

Yikes! You really had a crash landing. Just close your eyes and imagine you're on Eagle Beach, sipping a balashi. Hope you feel better soon!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Jes Gretch, I am so sorry to hear of your accident on the tube. Those things scare the S*it out of me ! Never, never will you see me in one of those. I hope you take some time off to recovery and just take it easy. I am glad you had a good time, and I am surely sorry you got hurt. Take it easy now !!!!

Sorry to hear about your mishap. Those tubes scare me too. My daughters did them a couple of times, but the last time one of them got thrown off too. They hit the water so hard that it scared all three of them. Now they have no interest in them. That's fine with me.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    OMG that was scary. Hope you are gonna be o.k.

My gosh! Be well and take care of you!

Thank you all! I will NEVER again get on one of those things. I don't even know why I did in the first place.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast