Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The snorkle man is back in Aruba for awhile

Aruba since 1979
    maddog i am copying this and putting it in MY ARUBA STORY section.

Quote Originally Posted by maddog View Post
    We just got back on the 2 of Feb from 2 weeks stayed at the Divi links The weather was perfect had maybe 15min of rain in whole 2 weeks we were there, that we saw(it did rain in middle of night a few days.) Beaches at the divi were back to normal they fixed the sand at the far end and replaced the missing huts as well while we were there. Snorkelled at baby beach, malmok(saw turtles 3 times) and manglo Halto, met up with Kent read about him on the forums here and used the great scooters he has and he took us out for some amazing sights. Kent is such a nice fellow very friendly and truly enjoys his time on the island , its not often anymore to find individuals who take people and show them the sights without asking anything in return,thank you for sharing your love of snorkelling with us. As we live on west coast of canada we always travel with bug spray for mosquitoes, I did use it the first few nights just in case but saw no mosquitoes the whole trip, although other areas of the island may be different. Also went to Weston and saw the magic show our girls 13 & 12 and ourselves, really enjoyed the show. Good evenings entertainment. If I had any complained at all it would be that as Canadians we live in a smoke free environment, all hotels, restaurants buildings and public places are non smoking, we really hope that Aruba will get on board with this soon or that at least the smokers out there will take into consideration other peoples fresh air space and let us all enjoy the fresh beautiful tropical breezes

Thanks to everyone. I was at the BB party last night and we had a nice crowd. Had a very nice time. I haven't seen anymore lion fish. Kent
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Hi Kent, it's me Ro. We are still planning to arrive on March 5th and will ask for you at Club Arias. Can't wait to finally meet after all this time...

My 7 weeks are winding down and I have to say this was more rain this time than I ever remember. The grass and trees are all green along the roads. We probably only had 3 half days in 7 weeks of a wash out. Other than that alot of early morning rains. I did the most snorkling this trip that I have ever done and I got to meet alot of people on these boards and got to take them snorkling. I really like when I can put a face with a name. I start going snorkling at night and it was another adventure. You see all the creatures that aren't out during the days. I only take the really hard core snorklers at night because you really need to be a comfortable and good snorkler. I stayed at Club Arias this trip since its close to my snorkling. Its a bed and breakfast in Saveneta. Its a small place but very clean and nice. Alot of people stay for a few days to extend their timeshare week. I ate at Zeerovers a few times and I really like it there. My wife doesn't like it because its kinda rough and smells like fish because the locals are bringing in their caught and the shrimp is head on so I wait till she leaves and then I go there and LOVE it. I had great service from Hans at Tropical car again like always. Did alot more cooking in this time since I love to grill and cook out. Had alot of friends visit in the 7 weeks so the time really flew by. Looks like I will have to start counting down the days till the end of June when I will return for 6 weeks. Bugs were more of a problem with all the rains. Aruba is still my home away from home and I am looking forward to my 24th trip this summer. Kent Gerber
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Time flies when your having fun,enjoy the rest of your stay

haha im offically a "hardcore snorkler"

Kent,

Going to miss you, man. Be well, be safe. Catch you on the island again soon.

PS: (My cholesterol level may go down because I won't be spotted chowing down at those joints we like so much.)
    Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Kent
    We had a great time with you, you are a true class act. thanks

Banned
    See you week 27!

Eagle Beach to relax / Malmok, Boca Catalina & Arashi for snorkeling / Carte Blanche, Zeerovers, Sopranos Piano Bar, Kuku Kanuku & The Pata Pata Bar / The weekend flee market.
    We are making our 5th trip to Aruba in May. We love to snorkle and have seen pictures of the water scooters. Unfortunatley we will no be there when the snorkle man is there. Are there any places to rent the scooters on the island??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast