Aruba Beach
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By ArubaAce

Thread: Summary Of My Trip

Summary Of My Trip

I traveled 9/24 to 10/01.

I stayed At La Cabana.

I felt very comfortable at La Cabana. The room was very nice, always air conditioned, 5 pillows and the staff was very friendly. The free internet, GYM was a plus. Daily Happy Hour 4-6 at the pool Bar and 2-4 at the Beach Bar.

Activities:

1. Eagle Beach
    2. La Cabana Pool
    3. Snorkeling At Mango Alto Beach
    4. Mountain Biking by Arashi Beach and Catalina Bay area.

Dinning:

1. Casa Vieja (Columbian Restuarant in residential area 10 minutes from Airport)
    2. Islander Grill (At La Cabana Resort) Food was bland.
    3. Cubas Cooking (New Location by Marina accross movie theatre) Food was good but I felt it was expensive. $30.00 for a chicken dish is expensive, $14 for a fried pork appetiser. If anything go during the time the show starts which is 7:30pm which consists of a guitar trio.
    4. Smokey Joes. Great ribs and pulled pork. Get the combo! Some ribs with either chicken, pulled pork or shrimp.
    5. Bugalou Grill. I had the double cheeseburger which was very tasty. The frozen Peach Margaritas were awesome and you can't beat the view of Palm Beach at sun down. Happy Hour 5-6.
    6. Chalett Suise. Ate there the last night. Food was great! Best meal I had the whole week. I got there at 6pm so they offered me the early bird special which is from 5:30pm to 7PM. For $30 I had a lobster Bisque Soup, 8oz sirloin steak with potatoes and an Apple Struddle with coffee. Drinks were reasonable $8 for a glass of wine and $10 for a Martini. 15% gratuity added.

Well that's it until next year!

We had the Challet Suise on our list but they were closed when we tried to make reservations. We ended up at Ruth Chris Steak House. It sounds like it would have been great with either selection.

Aruba since 1979
    thanks for posting your review!!

Quote Originally Posted by ace2063 View Post
    I traveled 9/24 to 10/01.

I stayed At La Cabana.

I felt very comfortable at La Cabana. The room was very nice, always air conditioned, 5 pillows and the staff was very friendly. The free internet, GYM was a plus. Daily Happy Hour 4-6 at the pool Bar and 2-4 at the Beach Bar.

Activities:

1. Eagle Beach
    2. La Cabana Pool
    3. Snorkeling At Mango Alto Beach
    4. Mountain Biking by Arashi Beach and Catalina Bay area.

Dinning:

1. Casa Vieja (Columbian Restuarant in residential area 10 minutes from Airport)
    2. Islander Grill (At La Cabana Resort) Food was bland.
    3. Cubas Cooking (New Location by Marina accross movie theatre) Food was good but I felt it was expensive. $30.00 for a chicken dish is expensive, $14 for a fried pork appetiser. If anything go during the time the show starts which is 7:30pm which consists of a guitar trio.
    4. Smokey Joes. Great ribs and pulled pork. Get the combo! Some ribs with either chicken, pulled pork or shrimp.
    5. Bugalou Grill. I had the double cheeseburger which was very tasty. The frozen Peach Margaritas were awesome and you can't beat the view of Palm Beach at sun down. Happy Hour 5-6.
    6. Chalett Suise. Ate there the last night. Food was great! Best meal I had the whole week. I got there at 6pm so they offered me the early bird special which is from 5:30pm to 7PM. For $30 I had a lobster Bisque Soup, 8oz sirloin steak with potatoes and an Apple Struddle with coffee. Drinks were reasonable $8 for a glass of wine and $10 for a Martini. 15% gratuity added.

Well that's it until next year!

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    [QUOTE=Trebor;212250]We had the Challet Suise on our list but they were closed when we tried to make reservations. We ended up at Ruth Chris Steak House. It sounds like it would have been great with either selection.[/QUO

Was Chalet Suisse temporarily closed? They are on my short list for my next trip.
    Last edited by hatteras; 10-03-2011 at 12:42 AM.

Smile

Ace, Glad you had a great time and thanks for the reveiws. Kent
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Great..you had a good time...

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip.
    Pat