Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tamarijn Aruba June 12 - 24, 2008 (Long)

Best I can do...

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Thanks so much. I would love to get my hands on a copy...Great gift for robbie's office....Can I buy a print or soemthing from you?

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    ....Can I buy a print or soemthing from you?
    No you cannot buy it!
    I will however GIVE it to you!
    What size are you going to make it?

I will post a link to my new photos as soon as I can get them online.
    I have well over 100 from the helicopter ride alone.

I have finsished updating the 2700+ photos on my site, including many from June.

http://www.arubabound.com/photosmain.htm

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Lisa, incredible pics from the helicopter ! thanks for sharing

Delta "broke" another piece of our luggage yesterday. The handle was was dangling and ripped the actual luggage where the two parts meet. Obviously not repairable in that it is Polycarbonate Composite.

We don't consider this to be a cheap luggage set. It retails online for anywhere between $289 and $420 for a 3 piece set.

Dh took the damaged luggage to Delta's Baggage Claim Center and spoke with a claim's representative. Their first offer was $50. They stated they would replace the piece with a new piece but not of the same color. They offered black and our piece is orange. We use the orange luggage for a reason-- easy visibility, especially when picking it out of the stacks of luggage when reclaiming in Aruba. You know that big room where the luggage is place in rows, you retrieve and place on the conveyor in the next room.

Delta next upped their offer to $100. Dh would not accept that as well knowing that on sale the same piece would be $150. After a bit of back and forth he and Delta agreed that we would purchase a new piece and fax them the receipt and they will mail us a check.

Lesson learned...ALWAYS check your luggage for damage BEFORE leaving the airport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Arrival back in ATL after an uneventful flight at 8:40 p.m. made for a very long day. We knew that we would be delayed in leaving ATL since we had to make a claim for one piece of our luggage which was damaged on the flight to Aruba. No sense reporting it in AUA since the employees there are only contracted and have virtually no power over such things. After waiting 25 minutes in a very long line filled with tons of folks with lost luggage at Delta's Baggage Claim Center, dh was told the crack in our hard plastic luggage was "minor" and they would not repair it. Dh was given a phone number to further pursue the "issue".

As a follow up, dh did phone the number Delta gave him and it went through to their call center in India. He got no where with them. He then called the local Atlanta customer service phone number for Delta and spoke to someone proficient in English who said without question our damaged luggage should have been taken care of. He offered a check for the replacement value of $100 which was about $29 less than what it was worth, so we gladly accepted. The suitcase had survived three roundtrip flights already so we were coming out way ahead. Second piece of destroyed luggage in two trips...hmm.

Man-you are getting a new piece of luggage--that is GREAT! That is what it takes, you just keep after them and keep after them. My story isn't like yours, but when charged $100.00 from Continental for 2 lbs over my husband called and we got the money back. You just have to stay with it. Most people don't try.
    Good for you, I am glad you get a new piece of luggage!!!!
    Pat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12