Aruba Beach

Thread: Thank you

Talking Thank you

Just wanted to thank you all for all of the tips and restaurant reviews.

I just got back from Aruba this morning and I almost cried when we had to leave. I now understand why you all love that place so much! The island is BEAUTIFUL! We stayed at the Westin, from the outside it looked pretty blah in comparison to the other hotels but as soon as we walked in I was at ease, the lobby was absolutely beautiful! We got an even numbered room on the 7th floor although I was hoping for a room further up I was satisfied. The room was simple and clean. The bed was comfy, there was a pretty cool flat screen tv, we had a small fridge (i was under the impression that the room wouldn't have one I read somewhere that they had to be requested) the bathroom was a little small however it was fine no complaints.

We got in pretty late and didn't have a taste for anything specific so we went to hooters for a quick bite and enjoyed their happy hour. After that we walked around a bit to explore the area. The following day we checked out the intermezzo spa at the westin for an hr long couple massage it was pretty good. Not the best but again no complaints. We checked out Bugaloe over by Depalm pier had some drinks since it was happy hour and some appetizers. Later that evening we had dinner at Gianni's. I was worried b/c I read some awful reviews on here abt them but I was pleasantly surprised; The food was great. One of the best meals we had on the island! I had the Caribbean lobster tail and risotto, don't really recall what my boyfriend had but he said he enjoyed it as well. We also had a carafe of sangria which was very good!

What I really liked about Aruba was that they weren't pushy to get us out after finishing our meals, we were able to sit at the table and chat away till we were ready to leave (in NY as soon as you're done eating they're practically ready to kick you out!)

Later that evening we checked out Busters Garage and had a few drinks and cigars. The music was pretty good and there was a nice crowd.

The following day we went downtown and did some light shopping at Ralph Lauren -they had a 40% off sale. There were tons of Jewelry stores (is Aruba known for Jewelry?). We checked out Iguana Joe's while down there, I got the Jamaican Jerk chicken, it was great. My boyfriend practically ate half of my meal (he got a burger which was very undercooked and refused to send it back). We actually went to the other location by the high rise area later that day but their food wasn't the same (downtown their jerk chicken was grilled chicken breast and over in the high rise area it was a leg and thigh not sure why)

On our last night we went to Pinchos. I looooved it! The location is beautiful! the people were verrry friendly, several times different ppl came over to ask how we were doing and if we enjoyed the food (surf and turf) .

Over all I had a wonderful trip and plan on going back soon, possibly in July for my birthday.

Aruba since 1979
    wonderful news.
    we love to hear of terrific aruba vacations.

hope that you can get back in july for your birthday.

Thanks! I did go ahead and booked my next trip for the last week of July :-)

the beaches
    Glad you liked Aruba. Lucky you, you are going back!

druif beach ,struisvogelboerderij,butterfly farm, het strand
    Love to hear that you enjoyed your vacation in Aruba.
    And you are going back lucky one.

Renaissance Hotel, Baby Beach
    Glad you liked the island, and hope you do make it back in July.