Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Three wonderful weeks 10/8 - 10/29

Three wonderful weeks 10/8 - 10/29

It's taken long but too busy relaxing. Breezes thru immigration on arrival, no line at taxi, all three weeks in same room, room ready right away. Great way to start vacation.
    On my own for five days till DH arrives. Had plans but the pool becomes. On my own I ate at the Islander Grill at resort and did breakfast and lunches from Super Foods. DH had same arrival experience as I had.
    Taking advantage of Eat Local menus. Have been to Passions, Mangos, Tulips, Mathews and La Terraza. Everything delicious.
    Baby beach yesterday. Lots of rearranged rocks and sand.One part of the parking lot was still a lake yesterday.

Aruba since 1979
    Are you staying at Lacabana?

Glad that all is well and terrific that you are participating in the Eating Local event.

Could you elaborate more on your dinner at La Terraza?
    We have reservations there and are looking forward to some great italian food !

Thanks so much for sharing and enjoy your last week.

Quote Originally Posted by wannagoback View Post
    It's taken long but too busy relaxing. Breezes thru immigration on arrival, no line at taxi, all three weeks in same room, room ready right away. Great way to start vacation.
    On my own for five days till DH arrives. Had plans but the pool becomes. On my own I ate at the Islander Grill at resort and did breakfast and lunches from Super Foods. DH had same arrival experience as I had.
    Taking advantage of Eat Local menus. Have been to Passions, Mangos, Tulips, Mathews and La Terraza. Everything delicious.
    Baby beach yesterday. Lots of rearranged rocks and sand.One part of the parking lot was still a lake yesterday.

Yes I am at LaCabana.
    La Terazza is very good. They do not have a wine list only house wine. Not bad for $6.
    Better Italian then I get in Georgia. I got the ok from Jersey folks.😊

Sounds like a great time so far!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Yesterday we did some snorkeling at Arashi. All the sand washed from the beach is over everything. Lots of broken coral and sponges on the bottom.
    Really getting to visit many restaurants I have been reading about on the forum Last night we went to the Bavaria. DH had curryworst over fries. I had pork with red kraut and spaetzel. A lot of food. Still ordered dessert, Black Forest cake. It was loaded with cherries.
    Tonight we are trying Barneys.

Off snorkeling at Boca Catalina today. Lots of fish. Unfortunately I fell and scraped my knee pretty bad on the beach. It was all rocks and my flip flop got caught.
    Dinner tonight was another new one for us, Ricardo's. My dinner of coconut pineapple shrimp started good but after eating the three large shrimp the smaller ones were way over cooked. The host took my dinner off the bill. DH had a seafood platter and loved it. The shrimp on his plate were the large ones.
    Barney's last night was great. I had the Barney burger. DH had the BBQ plate. Another place we will return to.

Aruba since 1979
    OOUCH, sorry you have a boo boo.
    Keep it loaded up with antibiotic ointment.

Sorry to hear that Ricardos shrimp meal was not terrific. Glad that it was removed from the bill .....would you go back?

We too love Barneys and my DH thinks the burgers there are the best he has ever had.

Enjoy and thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by wannagoback View Post
    Off snorkeling at Boca Catalina today. Lots of fish. Unfortunately I fell and scraped my knee pretty bad on the beach. It was all rocks and my flip flop got caught.
    Dinner tonight was another new one for us, Ricardo's. My dinner of coconut pineapple shrimp started good but after eating the three large shrimp the smaller ones were way over cooked. The host took my dinner off the bill. DH had a seafood platter and loved it. The shrimp on his plate were the large ones.
    Barney's last night was great. I had the Barney burger. DH had the BBQ plate. Another place we will return to.

Sorry about the fall
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Really enjoying your trip report (except the part where you fell!)
    I have done too many wipe outs in flip flops to count, now I wear pool shoes to the beach and save the flip flops for clean dry feet.
    I hope you heal quickly!

Oh no wonder the wine price was so inexpensive $6 when I went its house wine but it was ok for me. I wonder what's included in their 2x1 happy hour? It's not clear. A lot of places advertise 2x1 or Happy Hour but then you find out its certain drinks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast