Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Three wonderful weeks 10/8 - 10/29

Aruba since 1979
    yes, groceries just like in the states......
    Aruba survives on tourists.
    Tourism is the main industry of Aruba.
    Most/Many of those tourists are from USA.
    Many of those tourists are in timeshares and need groceries (like me) and love to see familiar brands.
    Also too, Arubans love American products. Lays, Pringles, Hellmans, Kelloggs, Coca Cola, Smuckers, Cottonelle, McDonalds, Burger King, Strbucks, Dunkin etc..
    I need my Dunkin Donut coffee and my Hellmans on my Bumble Bee and I do not want to stay home.

Isn't it wonderful indeed how the waiters, cooks, staff pulled together to do lots of the repair work.

Now time to plan your next trip!

Quote Originally Posted by wannagoback View Post
    I guess if you take too much time writing is doesn't post your whole report.
    Basically the most disturbing sign I saw in Aruba was from Lings ( groceries just like in the States). Please you are in a foreign country. If you have to have American brands, American groceries, American Restaurants( Tony Roma's McDonald's etc) stay in America.
    The young Aruban taxi driver I had was dismayed that that is what Americans expect and not what Aruba has to offer.
    You can't keep Aruban's down. The bartenders and waiters at the Pelican Pier repaired most of the pier themselves instead of waiting for contractors. The restaurant part at the end of the pier was still under repair but should be opened by now.

Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    How much do they charge for the wine tasting?
    I think it was $6 per person on Wednesday from 3-4pm
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Nice trip report I am reading and making notes of the restaurants etc you enjoyed. Thank you for sharing. It is always fun to read what others have done on their trip. Sorry to hear you injured your knee hope it is healing well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    I think it was $6 per person on Wednesday from 3-4pm
    It
    is now $9.00. I went all three weeks. hic!

Sounds like it is still worth it, especially if there was some left over to take home!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123