Aruba Beach
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree154Likes

Thread: Trip 11/22 to 12/3

Cloudy today but nice to sit on the beach as it never got too hot. The ocean was kind of angry with unpredictable waves. It would be calm for about ten minutes then out of no where large waves would appear. They were pounding the sand splashing water up a good 30 feet right up to the palapas. I was not one of those brave enough to chance it. I headed for the pool. We watched a couple with their little boy go in. The father managed to hold the boy above the first wave but when the second one came the father lost hold and the poor kid body surfed face down onto the beach as they scrambled after him. The kid was petrified but ultimately okay.

Our biggest decision today today will be where to go for dinner. I'm thinking just walk over to Hollywood Smokehouse or Matthews but Barneys sounds good too. Oh the dilemma!!

Aruba since 1979
    oh those waves can be fierce!
    the child was lucky.
    sometimes parents are not too swift
    how many people have a bad experience as a child and NEVER go back into the water again?

wherever you go for dinner, enjoy
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Cloudy today but nice to sit on the beach as it never got too hot. The ocean was kind of angry with unpredictable waves. It would be calm for about ten minutes then out of no where large waves would appear. They were pounding the sand splashing water up a good 30 feet right up to the palapas. I was not one of those brave enough to chance it. I headed for the pool. We watched a couple with their little boy go in. The father managed to hold the boy above the first wave but when the second one came the father lost hold and the poor kid body surfed face down onto the beach as they scrambled after him. The kid was petrified but ultimately okay.

Our biggest decision today today will be where to go for dinner. I'm thinking just walk over to Hollywood Smokehouse or Matthews but Barneys sounds good too. Oh the dilemma!!

They dragged that poor kid back in the water 5 minutes later

We even had a few waves at Palm Beach today, nothing significant or anything I would call rough but the water was definitely moving more than just from the normal boat wakes.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

They dragged that poor kid back in the water 5 minutes later
    And the therapy bills begin...

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Hi Peg & everyone else! Not to hog in on Peg's trip report but feel bad I haven't posted yet. Wifi not available in rooms so only went on this morning to book next year's trip. For some regular guests like myself, we were able to book the 50% off one day early. Wifi terrible in lobby this morning, off and on but manged to get thru booking ok. I will post a report when I return home I promise. I just cannot believe the waves, last night were almost reaching the beach bar and heard them all night long in room which is very unusual. Just wanted to say Bye Peg I know you are moving on out of Divi soon in case I don't bump into you, have fun on your other half of your trip. It was great to see you and thanks for the tip on where to get the best signal for wifi. Just don't have the patience to sit in lobby every day on top of everyone else, prefer to have it in my room. In a way it is good I have not been on laptop but I have to admit it is nice to have early am or later at night on our patio. Hope the waves stop soon I haven't been in the ocean yet, too dangerous for me.

Hi DiviDivi, you really do get up early! Not too many in the lobby now. I agree it is a pain but glad you got your Cyber sale. Unfortunately I asked Tom what he thought about coming back and he said you couldn't drag him here. It's sad because this was our favorite and we'll miss everyone.

So today is Sunday, our last full day at the Divi. We move to the Rennaisance tomorrow. The waves are still crashing so it looks like another pool day. Sitting in the lobby catching up on emails until the buffet opens. It's so funny watching all the people sitting on the wall staring at the entrance to the buffet. One lady is still in her pj's! Watched pot never boils as they say!

last night we went to the Hollywood Smokehouse. I like their pulled pork sandwich there and it's cheap and quick. Short after dinner stroll to the Alhambra and we both came out a few hours later with a little extra. A quick stop at the buffet for some sweet bites to go that we enjoyed back at the room.

Today it it will be beach and pool.

Had to come back on to give you an idea of just how busy it is here. The concierge starts at 8:00 am, booking the ala Carte restaurants etc. At 7:57 there were 8 people waiting in line and looking for him. Yesterday at lunch we went into the buffet and there were no available tables. It wasn't worth trying to get anything to go so we went to the pizza bar. At least there are options.

We're looking forward to staying at the Rennaisance. The pools look beautiful and we'll have the chance to go to some of the downtown restaurants we never get to. We'll also be checking to see what we can find in the way if a Cyber Monday sales at the other resorts.

Aruba since 1979
    peg i am thinking manchebo might be your best bet for the spring 2016.

continue to enjoy and thanks for sharing.

Had to come back on to give you an idea of just how busy it is here. The concierge starts at 8:00 am, booking the ala Carte restaurants etc. At 7:57 there were 8 people waiting in line and looking for him. Yesterday at lunch we went into the buffet and there were no available tables. It wasn't worth trying to get anything to go so we went to the pizza bar. At least there are options.

We're looking forward to staying at the Rennaisance. The pools look beautiful and we'll have the chance to go to some of the downtown restaurants we never get to. We'll also be checking to see what we can find in the way if a Cyber Monday sales at the other resorts.

Thanks Andrea for the Manchebo recommendation. We took a walk through there yesterday and it looks nice. The Bucuti looks gorgeous but I wonder if it might be kind of stuffy.

As as you know we've glad a cloudy day with a fair amount of rain. We still hung out on the beach until 3:00 though. Sun is kinda out now. I was thinking we would go to Barneys tonight but then found they are closed Sundays as is Madame Jannette and Chalet Suisse. So it looks like we'll walk over to Matthews. We always like it there and it means no cab. Not sure we can walk over on the beach side because I'm assuming with the waves today it may not be passable. I walked down to the Tam this morning thinking maybe a Djucu would wash up but nothing. Will keep looking especially once we're downtown.

When the vendors were here with their wares this week I picked up a really nice hand painted ornament. It has a scene with a Divi tree and cactus. When I took it from the display I thought it was painted glass and was being really careful. The woman laughed and told me not to worry, it's plastic!

Also saw a bunch of young cats, kittens really, in the parking lot when heading back to the room. All different colors and all looking for food. Tom shooed them away I know he's afraid I'll want to take one home.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast