Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: TRIP REPORT 1ST ARUBA VACAY - 20th Anniversay/Family Vacation July 26th - August 2nd

JULY 27TH

DAY 2: BEAUTIFUL SUNDAY.. Hubby and I woke up around 8am and decided to walk around the resort and walked all the way down to Divi All Inclusive, went around the pool, took a few pictures, checked if the lobby had free wifi (no luck)took the shuttle back to our room and started preparing breakfast to get ready to go to beach, it was around 10am.
    Forgot to mention that we went to the Xing Hong supermarket, Saturday afternoon, to buy a few groceries for breakfast and snacks for the kids, it was very expensive. I did 3 months or more of very intensive research and I didn't take any snacks, coffee or anything to eat, the main reason was that I started working 2 weeks prior our trip and I was very very tired, so we end up spending a lot of money in groceries....After breakfast we asked for a taxi, but Maria asked her niece, Yolanda, to take us to Palm Beach, she dropped us at the Radisson. (Maria is a very nice Dominican lady we met at the resort, she works there, won't say her real name, you'll read more about her in my report).

We're finally at the beautiful Palm beach, was dying to go there, white sand, water was just beautiful, the beach wasn't packed,nice people, I was in heaven!!!..... we walked around and decided to rent 2 chairs, didn't see anybody renting, so we figured those chairs and umbrellas were for the tourist, we sat in 2 chairs, in a matter of seconds this local guy showed up and asked us for our towels, we told him we had towels already and he said we had to rent on the other side, those chairs are for people staying at Radisson, so we rented 2 chairs,1 umbrella and they gave us 2 floaters all for $25, we bargained for a lil they wanted $45, I guess we did good.. LOL.. we enjoyed the beautiful warm waters for about 2 hours and we got really hungry, so we left my oldest son taking care of the bags and headed to Bugaloe Restaurant and Grill (The pier in front of Riu) It was happy hour time for us, so we had a few Mojitos, kiddos had appetizers, we just ordered french fries and galic bread, decent prices, we wanted to eat a lil something, cause we had our Anniversary dinner reservation at Passion at 6:30.. yahoooooo!!!... Left hubby at the beach after happy hour and went to take pictures to the famous RIU, didn't get impress by its pool, seen nicer... While I was taking pictures in RIU, this guy asked me if I wanted him to take a picture of me, I gave him my camera and he took a few shoots, we started talking, he told me he paid about 5k for him and his girlfriend at RIU, he mentioned Punta Cana and I immediately told him I was Dominican, he almost hug me, he got so excited and started talking about the beautiful experience he had there on an All Inclusive resort for almost half of the price he paid at RIU (resorts in DR are way bigger and they offer so much, is worth to go there, is worth to go to Aruba and experience the island and the food, but my personal opinion is not worth it, so many tourist complained about the Divi All Inclusive.. too expensive wasn't worth it) ... after walking around RIU for more than 15 min, went back to the beach and enjoyed the beach for about 45 minutes, heading out of the beach we went thru Radisson and we discovered the pool area and the bar, we took a few pictures and heard the music and headed to the bar for Happy Hour (I'm a happy, happy dancer, I dance almost everything, Salsa, Merengue, Bachata, Flamenco, Rap, Hip-Hop, Dance music)...love to dance.. we had 2 mojitos at the bar and left at 4:30 to get ready for our Anniversary Dinner..taxi drivers charge 3 dollars extra on Sunday, the taxi driver told us that she was going to charge us $50 cause we were wet, she was very grumpy, we complained and she called another taxi... hope she was kidding....lol.

6:15 we arrived at Passions, they were just getting started, we got our table, so disappointed, I requested 2 front row tables, one for kiddos, one for us or 1 table for all of us, but I specified I wanted the best view, it was our 20th anniversary I wanted it to be so special, instead they gave us a table second row, we didn't like it, but decided to stay... We had an amazing dinner, not the nicest sunset view from our table, but I will always remember this place was amazing. The atmosphere, drinks, food, service, sunset view, Passions is the best, the pictures we took were so beautiful. I wish I had a professional photographer there, I took nice pictures of the boys, but nobody took nice pictures of me... lol.. I ordered a few cocktails and hubby had water, yes water on our anniversary...lol
    While we waited for our food we head to eagle beach to check the turtles, that was a big crow of people waiting for the turtles to come out, we weren't lucky enough to see any... but it was nice to hear hou the come out and the dates and how people count it.... so we had hour main course, I ordered Crunchy Tigers and hubby had Local Grouper Filet in a Crispy Coco Jacket... for appetizer I had Ceasar Salad and hubby had a soup, don't remember right now.. kiddos had chicken fingers and Vanilla Ice Cream Delicacy for dessert. Everything was delicious. I highly recommend Passions, after all the reviews and recommendations from all of you, I'm so happy I found this forum thanks to Andrea, Jackie and all of you I had a nice, nice, super nice Anniversary dinner, I cannot ask for more.
    We headed to our hotel, but first let me take a selfie... lol, we stopped at Casa del Mar to use the Free wifi. so we asked the taxi driver to leave us there.. We got to the lobby, checked our FB, Instagram, email, whatsapp, you name it..decided to walk around ABC next to Casa del Mar, my bother in-law stayed at ABC back in June and I wanted to see the hotel and pool area, headed to the pool and what a nice surprise!!!! found this small bar playing spanish music, got a lil curious and decided to seat and look at the menu, but the best is yet to come... "IT WAS HAPPY HOUR TIME" 2x1 from 9-10... so I ordered 2 Pina Coladas, oh myyyy,,, pina coladas were amazing, they know how to make the perfect Pina Colada... and that's how we found our favorite bar Ricardo's... after a few pina coladas we called it a night and went to sleep like babies... Day 2 was amazing....Beach, Happy Hours, Anniversary Dinner and Happy Hour at Ricardos.. can we ask for more????.... Aruba Aruba... Day 2 was already in love.......

Note: Kiddos complained about the beach, oldest has dark spots on his face due to the sun, so he didn't enjoy the water as much....
    youngest is a complainer, he played with the sand, was in the water for about 3 hours and then complained about the sand inside his pants, he wanted to leave, he was uncomfortable..... they were not into it yet, all they wanted was to stay at Casa del Mar using the wifi, surfing the Net.. hello do the real surfing at the beach...LOL.... teenagers are so much into Social media.. is just crazy.... I was having the time of my life... Had a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by lizvegana View Post
    JULY 27TH

.taxi drivers charge 3 dollars extra on Sunday, the taxi driver told us that she was going to charge us $50 cause we were wet, she was very grumpy, we complained and she called another taxi... hope she was kidding....lol.
    Love your anniversary day out, sounds like a great time! I wanted to note that a friend of ours warned us before going to Aruba that some of the cab drivers do not like you to get in their cab wet. We saw a note posted in one that there would be an extra charge. IMO, I do appreciate the policy. We usually dine early and I would hate to get in a cab after a group of wet passengers and get my dinner clothes wet from the seat.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Love your anniversary day out, sounds like a great time! I wanted to note that a friend of ours warned us before going to Aruba that some of the cab drivers do not like you to get in their cab wet. We saw a note posted in one that there would be an extra charge. IMO, I do appreciate the policy. We usually dine early and I would hate to get in a cab after a group of wet passengers and get my dinner clothes wet from the seat.
    My husband was the only one a lil wet, and we offered to put 2 dry towels I had on my beach bag, but she was very rude to us, is not what she said, is the way she said it.. Most of the drivers there were not friendly, specially the local ones.

Aruba since 1979
    really ...I am surprised that you found the drivers you encountered unfirendly. that is unfortunate.
    when you say especially the local ones.....what do you mean? aren't all of the taxi drivers in aruba local?

Quote Originally Posted by lizvegana View Post
    My husband was the only one a lil wet, and we offered to put 2 dry towels I had on my beach bag, but she was very rude to us, is not what she said, is the way she said it.. Most of the drivers there were not friendly, specially the local ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    really ...I am surprised that you found the drivers you encountered unfirendly. that is unfortunate.
    when you say especially the local ones.....what do you mean? aren't all of the taxi drivers in aruba local?
    Nope Andrea, the lady that was going to charge us $50 was from Colombia. We took 2 more taxis and the drivers were one from Colombia and the other one from Saint Martin if I'm not mistaken, they go back and forth, not sure what's going on, but we heard Taxi drivers had to be native from Aruba, they weren't.

Aruba since 1979
    no, there is no law stating that an aruba taxi driver must be native aruban.
    there are a ton of requirements, being native aruban is not one of them.

Your trip report is very refreshing and even comical. I can't wait to read more.

Quote Originally Posted by dmconn1 View Post
    Your trip report is very refreshing and even comical. I can't wait to read more.
    Thanks, my spanish is way better than english, if you read my report in spanish you'll laugh, trying to make it as comical as it was.. We had a blast.. Having Aruba Withdrawals everyday.. Want to go back so bad

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    no, there is no law stating that an aruba taxi driver must be native aruban.
    there are a ton of requirements, being native aruban is not one of them.
    Here that from a few people. Thanks for the clarification.

JULY 28TH

DAY 3: POOL/PIZZA MONDAY....Hubby and I woke up at 8:30 (hubby wakes up at 4 and I wake up at 6 weekdays), well I used to wake up at noon, but the rich life is over....LOL... We took the shuttle to Mathew's for breakfast,had a nice breakfast.. while having breakfast hubby took a few selfies and pictures of the beach, he sent them to his Boss..back in his office everybody got crazy with the pictures of beautiful Aruba and they asked for more.. Aruba was already making people crazy back home...
    After breakfast we got back to the hotel, kids were already awake (they prefer to sleep and have breakfast at the apartment)..Oh oh torture was about to start, I applied lots of sunscreen everyday to the boys, they hate sunscreen, kids had to shower with it, heard so many people had experienced sunburn, so Mama was making sure her 3 kiddos were good..
    We started getting ready for the pool, packed our Bose Mini Radio, towels and of course Mr. Grey Goose and Cranberry Juice to get the party started...bring it on Aruba, Diva was ready to Partayyyyy!!!!!.....headed to the beautiful Infinity pool at the Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort...got to the pool around noon, it was packed, luckily found 3 chairs without towels so we sat and our party started...we turned on the radio and got our drinks ready.. I started the DD duo,Drinking and Dancing, I danced Bachata, Merengue, Salsa, Regueton you name it..LOL... oh yess that Vodka was really good, we were so grateful to God for giving us the opportunity to be there, I was feeling so happy...but please take my phone away next time, hubby complains all the time and I always do it my way... there was wifi at the pool (only in a few spots tho) I was posting pictures in Facebook.. at one point I got so tipsy I posted the following on my mom's FP page: "MOM PLEASE TELL ME IF YOU MADE ME IN ARUBA...I'M SO HAPPY HERE"... OMG!!! My lil sister was sending me text messages like crazy "Are you drunk??" ..LOL.. I saw her text the very next day..was so happy to bother...LOL.

Now time to go in the water, kiddos were having fun, the water was great, was a lil windy,but we were having a blast.. my son started singing this song that they were playing at the pool bar, so this young woman came to us so surprised and she said to us that not a lot of people knows that song, if I remember correctly it was electronic music, we started talking to her, her boyfriend also joined the conversation..they are Aruba lovers and they go to Aruba every year since 2007, they shared they're Aruba experience thru the years with us and it was very nice to talk to them.. BTW she saw me dancing earlier and asked me to show her a few Salsa moves, I was going to show her a few moves, but kiddos were starving an had to feed my boys, didn't see her after we ate.
    We ate at the Infinity pool cafe by the bar..food was delicious. We met the Dominican lady that works there, Raquel, she was very nice.. hubby and I ordered Nachos and bruschettas, kiddos had mozzarella sticks and burger with fries...everything was delicious but Nachos are the best...

Around 5PM we headed to the hotel, took a nap and got ready for dinner around 7:30.. we didn't have any reservations as we found Pizza Bob's the night before and I really really wanted to try it as most of you in this forum highly recommended... I have to thank everyone for recommending it, it was delicious, kiddos ate Cheese Pizza, hubby and I ate Bob's Specialty,we switched the mushrooms for ham, it was AMAZING!!!..I'm craving for that pizza everyday.. I haven't start my diet yet.. still on ARUBA MODE...LOL..
    We met Mauricio at Pizza Bob's, he works there, he is really really nice, we asked him about spanish food in the island, we wanted to eat Colombian or Cuban food, he recommended a Colombian restaurant by the Post Office downtown, gave us directions and kind of offer to take us the next day, but we felt a lil weird and thank him for the service and information.. Pizza was delicious..now is time for Happy Hour at Ricardo's.. kiddos stayed at Casa del Mar lobby, taking advantage of the wifi.. hubby and I went to Ricardo's for 2 drinks and a few minutes after left. We took the shuttle back to the hotel and nite nite time to sleep.. We had a very nice Monday.... Aruba I'm in Love.... PARADISE!!!!...
    Last edited by lizvegana; 08-11-2014 at 01:12 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast