Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By luckylady

Thread: Trip Report 3/11 -3/19

Trip Report 3/11 -3/19

Earlier this month my husband and I made our first trip to Aruba. We stayed at the Divi AI for 8 nights and absolutely LOVED the island and the resort. I put a request in a few weeks before we left to stay in the Vista I or Vista II building, we were booked for a garden view room. They put us in the Vista II building in room 520, which had a nice view of the landscaping on the edge of the resort. It was also the second room in from the end of the building closes to the beach, so we had an ocean view from the balcony. It made for a nice peaceful place to sit and relax.

Our days consisted of eating/drinking, walking the beach, soaking up the sun and playing in the ocean. Twice we went across the street to the grocery stores and the Certified Mega Mall. The plan one day was to ride bikes into town and shop, but the bikes that were left to choose from were in poor shape, so we passed on that idea.

We didn’t do any excursion, but already have plans to rent a jeep the next time we go…yes we are going back.

For those interested in pre-paid sim cards we purchased one at the airport from Digicel for $20 and purchased more minutes at the gift shop at the Divi. Since this only allowed us phone calls, we also purchased a week of Wi-Fi from the resort. This allowed us to use our android phones to check/send email and surf the internet. Do be aware that only one person at a time can log on to your Wi-Fi account.

If anyone has any questions about the Divi AI, I would be more than happy to answer them. I took tons of pictures of the resort and all it has to offer.

Can’t wait to go back!!

Aruba since 1979
    another aruba addict !!

thanks for telling us of your vacation.

the time flew didn't it?!

Sounds like you had a great time, that's good. AND you are going back! That's GREAT!! It is a beautiful island isn't it.
    Thanks for your report.
    Pat

Another Happy Vacation...

Aruba is an addiction would love to see the photos......please!

How about the rain the last couple nights you were there? I've never seen anything like that in all my trips to the island.

The rain Friday night was unbelievable! It poured for about 3 hours straight. We finally decided to try to make it to dinner around 7:00pm. Thankfully we had an umbrella, which helped keep our upper bodies dry. Since we were in the Vista II building we took the pathway around to the lobby area and then on around to the Pelican Terrace. There was a good 4 inches of water standing just inside the lobby area from the path and then more standing water on the walkway to Pelican Terrace. The drains just couldn't handle all the water. I was wearing flip flops and my husband was wearing his water sandals, so all the walking through water caused us no problems. As we were getting our food, my husband noticed that the cooks behind the counter were standing in about 4-5 inches of water while they cooked up orders. I felt so bad for them and wanted to give them a tip, but my husband had forgotten his wallet with our tip money in it.

The rain had let up by the time we were done eating, so we were going to walk the other pathway back to the room. When we got around to the Towel Hut area we couldn't believe how much water was standing in that area. Part of the Towel Hut was under water.

I have pictures I would love to post, but I haven't figured out how to do that yet.

Aruba since 1979
    don't post any yet lucky!
    the webmaster is trying to repair the gallery section.
    Quote Originally Posted by luckylady View Post
    The rain Friday night was unbelievable! It poured for about 3 hours straight. We finally decided to try to make it to dinner around 7:00pm. Thankfully we had an umbrella, which helped keep our upper bodies dry. Since we were in the Vista II building we took the pathway around to the lobby area and then on around to the Pelican Terrace. There was a good 4 inches of water standing just inside the lobby area from the path and then more standing water on the walkway to Pelican Terrace. The drains just couldn't handle all the water. I was wearing flip flops and my husband was wearing his water sandals, so all the walking through water caused us no problems. As we were getting our food, my husband noticed that the cooks behind the counter were standing in about 4-5 inches of water while they cooked up orders. I felt so bad for them and wanted to give them a tip, but my husband had forgotten his wallet with our tip money in it.

The rain had let up by the time we were done eating, so we were going to walk the other pathway back to the room. When we got around to the Towel Hut area we couldn't believe how much water was standing in that area. Part of the Towel Hut was under water.

I have pictures I would love to post, but I haven't figured out how to do that yet.

Luckylady photos
    Disregard the thumbnails and click for full size to see individual photos