Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Trip report

Great reports can't wait until March... Where's Tomato Charlies??

Aruba since 1979
    Tomato Charlie is pretty much across the street from the HYATT

Quote Originally Posted by CandyC55 View Post
    Great reports can't wait until March... Where's Tomato Charlies??

Monday was much of the same,walk to Phoenix ,dunkin donut coffee,pool and beach.Took a short ride to Boca Catalina to do a little snorkeling and than back to the pool.Went for dinner at Tony Roma for dinner, our friend that is staying with us had to have TR ribs as he remembered the last time he had them they were good.He was right,ribs,onion,and service were very good.They had the Monday night football game on with other games on also.They do add the service charge to your bill.Any Marriott owners use you VIP card to save an extra 10%.Three people no drinks no desserts one appitizer$90.....NO RAIN

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Thanks dannyo...keep em coming ! Yah, we love that Marriott discount card for owners...though, if ya loose it you're cooked...cindy

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Thanks dannyo...keep em coming ! Yah, we love that Marriott discount card for owners...though, if ya loose it you're cooked...cindy
    HiCindy,
    Hows Rob doing hope he gets better before your vacation on Aruba.The weather has been great.Aruba is waiting for the Os

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by DANNYO View Post
    HiCindy,
    Hows Rob doing hope he gets better before your vacation on Aruba.The weather has been great.Aruba is waiting for the Os
    SLOW progress...still dr's can't see to the back of the eye..waiting for the haze right now to clear. Ultrasound says retina in tack, though no one can see it yet. Iris is in "suspended" mode as not to damage it and cornea can't see. He did however read the 3rd line of the eye chart, but seeing that was all dependent on the lighting in the examination room. His iris isn't working, so any and all type of lighting changes what he can see...NOT on the road yet !!!!
    Me, I am the appt keeper, cab driver, drug dispnser, meal preparer, laundry lady...and we are HOPEFUL that we can get on the plane in 9 days...
    THanks for asking dannyo...
    Continue to have a great time, love hearing all the repports. Our relatives are there now at the Renn with 2 other families. Next us, then our niece for thanksgiving...

thanks for the update as we are all hoping for a positive outcome/report!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Tuesday was much in the same ,took our walk down to the Phoenix stopped at DD and stopped at the Juggling Fish to but some tee shirts for the grandkids.Stayed by the pool most of the day than took a long walk on the beach.For dinner we had to try Thai food,well I'm sorry to say its not for me.We went to Sawasdee Thai Restaurant and this place is really nice inside(for anyone that has been going to Aruba for years this used to be Twinklebones)We started with spring rolls that were good,than we had HOT and sour soup,which really didn't taste that great.I think it had tofu in it which i think was fried.As a main course we had Chicken Peanut that was pretty good.All the extras fried rice and noodles were good.This is our first Thai restaurant and will probably be our last,we are Chinese food eaters.If you do like this type of food give it a try.Prices are a little high,service was good and they don't charge a service fee.

Smile

DannyO, Sounds like you have had a great 2 weeks. I know one thing, no matter how long I stay, I am never ready to leave Aruba and come back home. I guess you will just have to plan your next trip. Have a safe trip home. Kent
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Wednesday was much in the same took our walk to the Phoenix stopped at DD and went by the pool.There are a lot of people staying at the Surf this week and the pool tag policy seems to be working(I DON'T THINK ITS GOING TO WORK IN HIGH SEASON)It seems that all the tags are on the chairs but there is no one there all day until they start to come off the beach.I get up early so I go down and put our tags on our chairs,than before we go for our walk we bring the towels down,YES THEY HAVE THE TAG POLICE AND THEY ARE CHECKING)The day was very overcast ,but no rain so we went downtown to do some shopping.Main street is like a ghost town.Went for dinner last night at Iguana Joes Catina(don't ask me why I don't like Mexican food)Anyway we had nachos which were good I guess,than we all had a mixed platter of I don't know what,anyway I think I did like the refried beens.Our friend said he really liked it,I Didn't.Don't ask me if it was Good DON'T KNOWremember I dont like Mexican food.They dont charge a service fee.
    Last edited by DANNYO; 10-29-2009 at 08:33 AM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast