Aruba Beach
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Trip report

Quote Originally Posted by DANNYO View Post
    Now its time for a new countdown,just reset ticker now have to tell DW that this is the date for next year.Time to call Marriott ,BETTER ASK FIRST
    11 months looks painfully long....but we all know that time flies all too fast!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    11 months looks painfully long....

Quote Originally Posted by DANNYO View Post
    Wednesday I did a two tank dive with Red Sail......Oh no not 21 divers on the boat...YES THERE WAS.It was a dive on the Antilla first and not only was there 21 divers at that site but two other boats..so all the groups got mixed up divers were swimming with the wrong buddies what a mess.Of course I was one of them.When I surfaced I was at the wrong boat,so I'm looking around and I see the boat about 100 yards away,I'm like Mark Spitz trying to win a metal now.trying to get back to the boat,They were waiting for me like nothing was wrong.The second dive was much better we did Pendanalas with was a really nice dive NO OTHER BOATS.Oh I forgot to tell you that Red Sail had another boat that same morning with only 6 divers on it .I asked if I could change and they said its there policy not to change.
    Two of the dives I had this week had 20 people on them. A number of the regularly scheduled dives were canceled and charters for the cruise passengers were run in place of those dives.

We went in two groups of ten with a contingent from Mexico comprising one group and everyone else in the other. Everything went smoothly for us. I was the only one booked on the two tank south coast dive on Friday so it was combined with the Renaissance airplane dive. The dive master and I went to the harbor reef then we picked up everyone else behind the row of little shops downtown for the dive on the airplanes.

20 divers on a boat is too much.There is supposed to be a dive master for every six divers,your saying that there were only two.When I dove with them there were only two also.Next year I'm going with Unique,I would try Jads but they are to far.

Avis,was on my credit card bill this month,and guess what the bill was for only $200.43 this is what I was quoted and this is what I paid.A word to the wise make sure you have all you conformation papers when you check in.Make sure you tell them the rate you were quoted and that is what you are going to pay.When they swipe your card THAT IS WHAT YOU PAY...If you are getting a van don't take the one that is beat up with dirty seats ......in it you will find surprises. Take the red Kia V10 plenty of room and runs great.

Thanks for the tip!! Only one month from now we will be collecting our van! Can't wait.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Aruba since 1979
    Danno thanks for the message and the posting re: your final and QUOTED price with Avis

I am taking the liberty of posting it in the Getting Around section

andrea

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456