Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Trip report 5/5 thru 5/13

Walt, I mentioned renting a car when we were on the flight. The response was "have fun"! That's okay though I really don't mind the taxis and I'm here for the beach. May just need a girls week though!!

Things couldn't have gone more smoothly yesterday. The flight was on time, arrivals hall had a very short line, baggage had a 5 minute wait and DePalm was reading to take us to the Divi. Even our room was ready and we got our requested area, the Veranda Building. Life is good. Waves were crashing in a big way so I went to the pool.

DiviDivi Fan. Renovations have moved quickly. The pizza bar really looks the same, just on the other side of the lobby. Not much in the way of construction noise. The old pizza bar is shuttered up and stuccoed over while they work. Can't figure out where the new rooms will be. Walked over by Vista Bldgs and didn't see anything.

There's also an area in front of the pool bar that is barricaded off because the turtles nested. Hope they hatch while we're here. Oh well, it's time for the beach. Talk later!!!!

I hope you can get pictures of the turtles if they hatch!
    You and I have the same rental car issues. I'm thinking of telling Jon if he gets to skydive, I get to rent a car. I'm also considering that old saying it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission and just surprising him with one for a few days. We'll see. Keep your reports coming when you can. Enjoy!
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Glad to hear the updates. We thought about getting a rental as well. But I am adventure and decided if I want to go somewhere the taxi is fine or bus.
    Bus really wasn't that bad. We took it to the low and high rise area.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Sign me up for your girls week if it happens (lol). Glad to hear everything went so smoothly and happy you got your favorite room. I know I always request my room and usually am lucky enough to get it, love the DIVI

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    You haven't seen Aruba if you haven't driven around the island on your own, gotten lost, discovered the real island. Don't be afraid. Its easier than driving at home. way less traffic and no confusing signs. No signs at all actually. On our second trip to the island we met an older couple(18 years ago) at breakfast at Divi Village. They were on their 15th trip to Aruba. We were asking them about what to see in our rental car. They said they didn't know. They never left the resort except to take a taxi to the store and dinner. Life is short. Take a chance for a few days in a car. When someone asks you that question, you will be able to answer it.
    Last edited by arubabob; 05-06-2015 at 12:46 PM.

It's not me who is afraid it's my husband. He doesn't like the idea of driving on the island and he won't drive with me!!! We have taken a private tour though so we have seen a fair amount of the island.

diviDiviFan. We saw a cement boom today over by Vista 2 so it looks like work is staring there. I peaked in at the old pizza bar space but it was just empty. The front of the Divi needs getting used to. It's now all done in a grayish white tile. The trees out front have been removed but it looks like they are working on a landscape plan

Today was was spent at the beach. The waves were much friendlier so it was more manageable to get in and out. Tom enjoyed having the IPad since he doesn't go in the water much. It was pretty quiet at the beach with a few palapas still available when we left at 3:00

Now the biggest decision is where to go to dinner. Thinking about checking out the buffet and we don't see anything we'll head over to Hollywood Smoke

We usually stick to taxis but have also done the bus. For us it's a drinking/driviNg issue. we have been all over the island on Atvs. I would like a car for the conevince of the grocery store and snorkeling other beaches. I can understand not really needing one if you are at an AI.

Peg, I'm so happy Tom is on board with the electronics!
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Just wondering Peg is the lobby is still an "open lobby" my DH loves to sit there, people watch, read his many books and enjoy the open lobby breeze. Thanks for the updates!

The lobby is still open with all the chairs, couches and TVs. There is still that beautiful breeze. I was thinking of taking some pictures but it doesn't look all that different. Think I like the tile out front better in the evening. They have blue recessed lighting going around the border which looks nice. Once the landscaping is complete it will compliment the exterior more.

So glad you both are enjoying yourself. Please keep us posted often.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast