Aruba Beach
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Trip report 5/5 thru 5/13

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Breakfast buffet this morning. I've always loved the buffet here , so many choices. Minor disappointment this morning though. Eggs Benedict have always been cooked to order. You place your order, got toast your muffin and it's always perfect. Well I suppose in the interest of efficiency Anita was premaking the benedicts and the English muffin wasn't toasted. The egg ended up hard boiled. Oh the crisis we endure in Aruba. So DiviDiviFan beware I know it's you favorite. Right now I'm under the palapa watching people debating on whether or not they will brave the waves

Out in front of the lobby there's a huge crane where they are putting in huge palms to replace the Divi trees that were once there.

Oh no, say its not so!!!!! I've never had my eggs benedict with hard yokes in Aruba. Maybe, hopefully, just a off day. Funny thing is last year I noticed a lot more people ordering this for breakfast, years past I swear I was the only one!!!! In fact, years ago I would hear people as I walk by say they didn't realize they had eggs benedict, although not sure why as there is a sign (lol)....This will be a good excuse for you Peg to order this again to see if it was just an off day as I know you usually treat yourself once not everyday like me (lol).....

I told my DH about the trees in front gone the other night he was saying how he liked the trees in November as they would put the Xmas lights on it. I wonder if they will still do this. I liked the old trees out front as during my am walk to DD I would see and hear the tiny tropical birds singing. Hopefully they will like their new trees.

Thanks for the continued updates Peg, hope your dinner with Andrea and Paul was fun as I am sure it will be. Hope the huge waves calm down before you leave as the ocean is so beautiful it is sad when we can't go in because of the crashing waves.

I was back and forth between the pool and ocean today. There were times that the waves calmed and I was able to get it but you really needed to time your exit!

Andrea and Paul picked us up for dinner at MJ's. We really enjoyed ther company. It's nice when conversation flows so freely. MJ's also was having their asparagus festival with a lot of specials. I'll elaborate on that in culinary. Thanks for putting up with us Andrea and Paul!!!

Aruba since 1979
    let me add to that thank you pegmeister and tom for putting up with us!

Something new on the breakfast buffet this morning; make your own mimosas. They had buckets of champagne and pitchers of orange juice set out. I thought it might have been for Mothers Day but they told me they do it every Sunday.

So glad you guys are having a great time. Make my own mimosas? That could be dangerous!

Forgot to mention that palapas have been easy to come by. On the way to breakfast we just drop off our stuff. We're on the beach fairly early usually by 8:30. It's after10:00 now and there are still 6 open in our immediate area. Wifi signal has been great only lost the signal twice briefly since we've been here and it works both in the room and on the beach.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    I noticed this last November but can't remember if it was everyday or just Sunday. Nice touch but a bit too early for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Something new on the breakfast buffet this morning; make your own mimosas. They had buckets of champagne and pitchers of orange juice set out. I thought it might have been for Mothers Day but they told me they do it every Sunday.

It was all beach today. The waves were so much calmer but still pretty big. I did enjoy the pool yesterday though. I found it really amusing when a couple of iguanas were hanging out at the edge of the pool and a woman thought splashing water on them would make them go away. Nope!! He kind of liked it and so he slid right in the pool with us. Quick swim and out again!!

Tonight we gave Twist of Flavors a try for an early dinner and then stopped into Alhambra and made a very small deposit.

Just wondering if you are using the main pool or the pool by your room? I walk by the other pool and it always seems so quiet and private, how do you like it?

I've been using both depending on my mood. The small pool can be really quiet but the past few days there has been a large group of friends hanging out sitting at the only entry into the pool. Don't care to crawl over people to get in. The large pool has been packed but people have really been just sunbathing so I've actually had the pool to myself a few times.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast