Aruba Beach
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Trip report 5/5 thru 5/13

Love reading your trip reports ! Safe trip home

Well, we're home. It really was a great vacation. Lines at the airport were minimal. We got to the gate quickly. We had two hours to kill before boarding so grabbed a sandwich at the Dutch Bar. Also picked up some Dutch chocolates. One of the bars is chocolate/butterscotch which sounded interesting. We did have an uncomfortable moment when going through US Customs. The agent asked us the usual questions but he seemed like he was angry, after slamming down our passports on the counter he turned and started yelling at the agent in the next booth about how he was the only one working and it would be nice to take a lunch break. Then he turned to us, glaring and said we were all set!! We moved quickly along.

i still have a few photos to load up which I'll get to tomorrow. One is the new pizza bar at the Divi and the other is the front if the Divi where they're doing all the landscaping

Andrea, hope you and Paul enjoy the rest of your vacation and get lots of snorkeling in at your new spot. Again, it was nice to see you both!!!

Okay here's the photos. The pizza grill will probably come in sideways but you'll get the idea
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trip report 5/5 thru 5/13-image.jpg   Trip report 5/5 thru 5/13-image.jpg  

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    WOW the front looks so different, I know it is a work in progress but not sure if I am going to like it or not. Took me a while to find the pizza bar it was kind of blending into the lobby but then I saw the fire (lol) looks the same just in a different spot. Where have they been dropping/picking up people from buses and taxis looks like the entire road is gone? Thanks for the pictures and glad you had a great time. I'm sure you were happy to see your puppy when you returned home

Taxis still pick you up right out front. I'm not sure I'm sold on the whole whitish tile thing. It looks better at night as they have some blue recessed lighting in the ceiling. My feeling is they need to have the name of the resort or some other decorative feature across the top. Dave (singing waiter) said he thought they should have had a large circle cut through the top piece. Maybe once the landscaping is done it will come together. I just don't seem to have the vision.

We picked up the dog early this morning. She is so spoiled the first thing she did was grab her Kong because she wanted peanut butter. If she bows and I don't get the peanut butter for her she starts throwing the Kong to get my attention.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Love Dave "the signing waiter" he is a sweetheart. I like Dave's idea as well, looks as though something needs to be opened up or cut out. Looks to square or something is just off. Of course I know it is not complete so will wait to see final results.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789