Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Trip Report 8-13-16- 8-22-16

[QUOTE=Andrea J.l

So glad that you enjoyed LaCabana. My favorite place! Wish i were there

Thank you for sharing your Aruba story.

Lacabana.....Did you know that the 1 bedroom and studio units are the same sq footage?

No I didn't realize they were the same! The ocean front 1 bedroom was great! Great views every morning and evening. We had a 2bdrm a few years ago and wow! Loved it.

Forgot to mention, we were in the living area, sprayed suntan lotion on my daughter, next thing we hear beeping sound. Thought maybe I set the alarm on the microwave by accident. We are looking around like what is that. Hubby opens the door and he tells me the lights are flashing in the hallway.

We call front desk, asking is this a test or is there a fire ? They are unaware of what's going on, so they send up a maintenance worker. Omg we triggered the smoke alarm! How embarrassing ! The suntan lotion triggered it. There is a vent of some sort behind the stove. So lessen learned, spray on the patio
    8th trip to Aruba!

You bet! I also enjoy reading posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I enjoyed reading your reports and appreciate your taking the time to post. Safe home!

Quote Originally Posted by kam175 View Post

Forgot to mention, we were in the living area, sprayed suntan lotion on my daughter, next thing we hear beeping sound. Thought maybe I set the alarm on the microwave by accident. We are looking around like what is that. Hubby opens the door and he tells me the lights are flashing in the hallway.

We call front desk, asking is this a test or is there a fire ? They are unaware of what's going on, so they send up a maintenance worker. Omg we triggered the smoke alarm! How embarrassing ! The suntan lotion triggered it. There is a vent of some sort behind the stove. So lessen learned, spray on the patio
    We did the same thing at Playa Linda with the sunblock spray/ smoke alarm! It was kind of early too. I felt so bad! Then the embarrassing task of telling the people in the hallway it was us who caused the disturbance. The only reason I knew what it was was is that it happened to us once in my dad's RV.
    7 trips in and still finding things to love. Trip #8 coming November 2017!

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    We did the same thing at Playa Linda with the sunblock spray/ smoke alarm! It was kind of early too. I felt so bad! Then the embarrassing task of telling the people in the hallway it was us who caused the disturbance. The only reason I knew what it was was is that it happened to us once in my dad's RV.
    Thank God know else noticed! We know now! How is the playa resort?
    8th trip to Aruba!

Thank God know else noticed! We know now! How is the playa resort?
    We really liked the Playa Linda. It's a great location because you are close to all of the action but there aren't as many water sports vendors on top of you as other Palm resorts. When we were there around Thanksgiving it was an older crowd, not many kids.
    7 trips in and still finding things to love. Trip #8 coming November 2017!

Aruba since 1979
    hahahaha
    the same thing happened with spray sunblock to us too.
    we set off the smoke detector too.
    even worse, the sunblock on the tile floor made the tile very slippery.
    Boom! Ouch!
    All need to be very careful with the spray stuff on their floors or rugs.

We spray down every day here at home and now spray down in the garage.

[QUOTE=kam175;303599][QUOTE=Andrea J.l

So glad that you enjoyed LaCabana. My favorite place! Wish i were there

Thank you for sharing your Aruba story.

Lacabana.....Did you know that the 1 bedroom and studio units are the same sq footage?

No I didn't realize they were the same! The ocean front 1 bedroom was great! Great views every morning and evening. We had a 2bdrm a few years ago and wow! Loved it.

We call front desk, asking is this a test or is there a fire ? They are unaware of what's going on, so they send up a maintenance worker. Omg we triggered the smoke alarm! How embarrassing ! The suntan lotion triggered it. There is a vent of some sort behind the stove. So lessen learned, spray on the patio[/QUOTE]

Yikes!

Maybe a sign should go up in the rooms at hotels/resorts regarding the smoke alarm going off due to spray sunblock.

[QUOTE=Andrea J.;303607]hahahaha
    the same thing happened with spray sunblock to us too.
    we set off the smoke detector too.
    even worse, the sunblock on the tile floor made the tile very slippery.
    Boom! Ouch!
    All need to be very careful with the spray stuff on their floors or rugs.

We spray down every day here at home and now spray down in the garage.
    8th trip to Aruba!

We have walked by the Playa but never stayed there. I like going to Palm beach for dinner but glad to be away from the crowds as well. I think that is why we love Eagle beach so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    We really liked the Playa Linda. It's a great location because you are close to all of the action but there aren't as many water sports vendors on top of you as other Palm resorts. When we were there around Thanksgiving it was an older crowd, not many kids.
    8th trip to Aruba!

Same thing happened to us at La Cabana a few years ago with spray sunscreen
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

I should have read your entire report! I would have noticed you stayed at the same place. Didn't realize you were there when we were arriving.

I didn't really turn on the phone much which was nice to disconnect from it.

The room was so nice. We exchanged through Interval and stayed in room 445D. We stayed an extra night. The last night we moved to a studio.

Hope your trip was fun too!
    How are the studios? I'm planning on exchanging with Interval for my next trip and since I'm traveling alone I might consider the studio if that is my only option. However, I'm so used to the 1 bedroom suites.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast