Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Trip Report 8-13-16- 8-22-16

Hi

I think the studio is nice for 1-2 (and small child) . When you first walk in, there is closet area to store your luggage, then the bathroom. The kitchen is a nice size with a counter to sit at (I believe there is 3 or 4 chairs). In the same room, there is a bed, in front of the bed there is a dresser and TV. Next to the bed there is a sofa that turns into a sofa bed and a tall dresser. There is a patio as well.

I think you would be ok with a studio since traveling alone. I am use to the 1bdroom as well! The Ocean front 1bedroom is super nice and comfy!

One thing I didn't care for in the 1bedroom Ocean front is the shower. There is only half glass shower door, the rest is open and the water spilled onto the floor not matter how much I tried with keeping towels on the floor. But the view everyday made up for that minor problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    How are the studios? I'm planning on exchanging with Interval for my next trip and since I'm traveling alone I might consider the studio if that is my only option. However, I'm so used to the 1 bedroom suites.
    8th trip to Aruba!

I might consider it. There is a studio available Nov 17th Thursday to Thursday. Not the days I really wanted to go but hey the airfare from NY on those days is like $600 compared to $1,200 sat to sat for that week. I extended a week that was expiring with Interval so in order to book an exchange, it has to be within 59 days or flex time. Which means whatever is available now for November I can't book until I'm within that 59 day window. Lets see what happens. If not I will try for March since the extended week will expire in May 2017.

600 is much better than 1200! Is that a high demand week? Is that Thanksgiving wk?

I am sure you will get a room. I have had much luck with Interval. We have used Interval for Exchange and Getaways to Aruba.

Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    I might consider it. There is a studio available Nov 17th Thursday to Thursday. Not the days I really wanted to go but hey the airfare from NY on those days is like $600 compared to $1,200 sat to sat for that week. I extended a week that was expiring with Interval so in order to book an exchange, it has to be within 59 days or flex time. Which means whatever is available now for November I can't book until I'm within that 59 day window. Lets see what happens. If not I will try for March since the extended week will expire in May 2017.
    8th trip to Aruba!

Quote Originally Posted by kam175 View Post
    600 is much better than 1200! Is that a high demand week? Is that Thanksgiving wk?

I am sure you will get a room. I have had much luck with Interval. We have used Interval for Exchange and Getaways to Aruba.
    Yes it is thanksgiving week. In about 3 or 4 weeks the window for flex exchange will open and I will be able to exchange something. I see a lot of availability at Carribean Palm Village but its a away from the beach. However they do have shuttle to take you to Palm and Eagle Beach 2 times a day. We will see.

We prefer staying in the studios as we do not the bedroom right when you walk in the door. We stayed in 2 different timeshares in 2011-1st week we were in the studio and 2nd week we were in the 1 bedroom. It was a very windy week and the wind coming down the hallway sounded like we were back home in the middle of a nor'easter! We would lie in bed at night and laugh about it! Also had 2 couples who would stay up later than us and come home very loudly at midnight-1am and wake us up as they passed our room- never had that trouble in the studio because the bed is closer to the slider to the balcony. The other thing I didn't like was the sliding door between the bedroom and the living room. I get up early( I have to get up at 3am at home for work) and there was no way to close the door in between the bedroom and living room without waking up my husband so for us the studio works better and costs less to rent!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234