Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Trip Report - Jan. 29 - Feb. 19

So glad you guys are on the island and reporting back! Have a great time!

If they were not here in time, I would leave within 5 minutes of my originally scheduled pickup time, this guy waits for nobody, lmao

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Sunday - Thanks everyone. As far as the taxi goes - we have used this company for years and never had a problem. Now that we have, we are going to have to rethink how we will be getting to the airport in the future. The weather down here is perfect. Not too hot, nice breeze and some passing clouds. The beach at Costa Linda is massive, the widest that I have ever seen it. Casa Del Mar's beach is coming back. I didn't walk all the way up to Druif yesterday, but I plan on doing that this morning.

Lesson learned - Never go to Ling's on a Saturday night. The wall full of bins that holds all of the breads was almost completely empty. We had to hunt around, and only found three loafs of bread in the entire store. There were no rolls or hamburger buns. We joked that it looked like the grocery stores back home last week when we were preparing for the blizzard. They were also very low on milk. Hubby only drinks 2 percent, and there was none to be found. His choices were whole milk or 1 percent. We'll need to make another trip soon. Off to the beach now. Have a great day fellow Aruba addicts!

Aruba since 1979
    glad to hear that the beach at costa linda is wide and growing at casa del mar/abc.
    i hope it is growing at the tamarijn too.

next time you head to aruba and milk purchases are in doubt..pack in your luggage a qt of parmalat milk.
    it is ultra pasteurized and their 1% tastes and has consistency of whole milk.
    their skim/fat free has the taste and consistency of 2%
    i am not a milk drinker (GAG) , but paul is, and if lings does not have his beloved 2% then there is a problem (huge dramatic sigh)
    so we always bring an unrefrigerated parmalat and he is as happy as a pig in poop, til we can buy some at lings.

have a blast and thanks for sharing

Enjoy Manchebo. I'm glad I was able to visit the bar on my last trip for lunch. Never made the happy hour though. I have to stay sober at the beach all day to make a happy hour.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    We walked up to Druif yesterday. The beach is still extremely eroded, but I think that it looks better than it did in some pictures that I saw around Christmas. I'm not sure about Tam. I've never paid much attention to their beach so I don't know what it looked like before. From looking at it from Druif, it had rocks ( like small cliffs) all the way around the bend, with one small sandy entrance to the water.

Yesterday was another lazy day on the beach. There were a few very quick showers in the morning, then clouds and sun the remainder of the day. I had messaged Gaby from Aruba's Hands on facebook before we came down, to find out where she would be this week. She was in a little crafts show at Bucuti yesterday, so we walked over to check it out on our way to dinner. She sells sea glass jewelry and jewelry made from murano glass. I bought the neatest necklace that has 5 pieces of sea glass on it. I have looked at sea glass pieces at the beach at home. Usually, a single piece of sea glass without a chain is $25 - $30. She sells the necklace with 5 pieces for $30. We talked for a while and I told her that I had originally heard about her on the forum. She is at Bucuti on Sundays and at the Tam one night a week. There was also a lady who paints small beach scenes on canvas and driftwood, along with some other hand painted items. We bought one of the small canvas paintings and a hand painted ornament.

Dinner was at Ricardo's. This was our first visit. It was fantastic. I had scallops in a coconut sauce. I was a little skeptical at first, afraid that the sauce would overpower the scallops. The sauce was very light and added a delicious flavor. Hubby had shrimp pasta with a garlic and olive oil sauce. He said that it was one of the best meals that he's had in Aruba. We split a dessert of profiteroles. They had pistachio ice cream in the center. I have to say, they were the best ones that I've ever had on the island. Ricardo's is definitely on our must visit list.

Andrea, thanks for the tip about the milk. I'll look for that when I get home.

The trip sounds lovely so far! Lots of relaxing beach time - I love it!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    my kind of a vacation.....lazying at the beach!

the scallop dish at ricardos sounds fabulous. i may have to search recipes.com.
    i have 1.5 lbs frozen sea scallops in my freezer and i may give it a whirl.

have fun and thanks for sharing.

I bought an ornament from a vendor at the Divi last trip. It has a beach scene with cactus and a Divi tree. I wonder if it was the same woman.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I bought an ornament from a vendor at the Divi last trip. It has a beach scene with cactus and a Divi tree. I wonder if it was the same woman.
    Was it maybe this one, Peg?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Or one of those?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast