Aruba Beach
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Trip Report - Jan. 29 - Feb. 19

Aruba since 1979
    i contacted stella and sugar (kathy)

i hope they can assist in the vet treatment and adoption process.
    Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    The dog has adopted us. She is hanging out at our palapa. We have been getting loads of attention. Someone from Mass. is interested in adopting her. I gave her ARF's contact info and she is trying to reach them. She is full of ticks. We have been pulling them off, and the people trying to adopt her went to the store and bought her some flea and tick meds. and my hubby put it on her. She is such a sweet dog. I would try to adopt her but these other people are trying to. She's eating well. She had a huge steak this morning and a crossant. We've been giving her fresh water.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i contacted stella and sugar (kathy)

i hope they can assist in the vet treatment and adoption process.
    We are at palapa 112 every day at Costa Linda, which is on the front row. I'll send you my room number in a private message. I'm waiting to hear back from the people who want to adopt her, to see if they were able to reach someone. I'll let you know.

The vendors at the Divi set up right outside the lobby and around the pool. The guy with the wooden carvings is just a few tables in. He's been there every time we've stayed there. It's also where Tom buys all his Hawaiian shirts.

Hope the the people are able to adopt the dog. It's so sad to seen them begging for food.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    How wonderful that you and that lady are caring for this poor dog. It breaks my heart that the guards of the resort are throwing her water out and chasing her away! I remember Coco's story very well. Hope, this sweet dog will have a happy ending as well. All fingers, toes and paws over here are crossed for her!

Great that it worked out so well with your ring! Kudos to K.P. from Gold Palace!

Andrea, I sent you a private message about an hour or so ago. Hopefully, it went through. The service is spotty, at best. Let me know if you didn't get it and I'll try sending you another one.

Aruba since 1979
    I just got it!
    thanks

i will pass it along to forum members ARF folks Kathy and Stella
    thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    Andrea, I sent you a private message about an hour or so ago. Hopefully, it went through. The service is spotty, at best. Let me know if you didn't get it and I'll try sending you another one.

I loved reading your ring story. What a great experience! Thanks for sharing your reports.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Just to let you know, I have left a message on the voicemail of Ellen's room. Hopefully, we can connect today. Monday is a holiday in Aruba, so the vets will not be open. There is a link on our website, www.arf-aruba.com with information of what to do if you find a stray. The first step is to get the dog to the vet.

Kathy

The days are just flying by, like they always do when we are here. A lot of our days have been spent taking care of the dog, Ruby, talking to other people on the beach about Ruby, trying to find someone to transport Ruby home, etc. My friend that is adopting her has spent the last few days of her vacation talking to people on the phone, taking Ruby to the vet, stressing about her health, trying to find her a way home, etc. She is going home today and has barely spent any time on the beach in the last few days. If you don't know about Ruby, I've started another thread titled, doggie needs a ride, where I'm discussing Ruby's progress. In short, we helped rescue a very sweet dog off of the beach. A friend of mine is adopting her. The vet said that she is so anemic from ticks that she wouldn't have lived another week if we hadn't gotten her to the vet. ARF is working with my friend and will help find her someone to help transport her to her forever home when she is healthy enough to go to her forever home. We had seen her with another dog on the beach a few times, and now he's looking for her. He came to our palapa yesterday, following her scent. We fed him and gave him some water, and then he took off. I don't know if he'll be back today. Hubby overslept this morning and someone had already claimed our palapa. I hope that they like dogs. That palapa has been dog central for 8 days.

We went to Chalet Suisse for dinner the other night. We shared the chateaubriand for two, which was cooked perfectly. Hubby also had the french onion soup. They make his favorite. Service was impeccable, as usual. They continue to impress us, visit after visit.

Last night, we went to La Terrazza at Paradise Beach Villas. I had garlic shrimp with shrimp risotto. It was delicious. Hubby had the grouper with lemon and capers and shrimp risotto. The grouper was fantastic. Service, not so great. We were one of the first people there because we had wanted to watch the sunset. Service was great at the beginning. The food came out quickly. Then they got busy. Mama and one other young lady were the only ones serving everyone. We couldn't get their attention for drink refills. Someone finally cleared our plates and brought us a dessert menu. We were going to share a dessert, but no one came back to us for about 20 minutes. By then, we just wanted the check. I had to flag someone down to ask for the check, and then waited close to another 20 minutes to get the check and pay. The restaurant has great potential, but I think that they are having growing pains. If she hires another server or two, things should be fine. We'll give them another try on our next visit. The food is great. If you go anytime soon, just go with island time in mind.
    Last edited by hatteras; 02-07-2016 at 08:47 AM.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    we had the same experience at La Terrazza. The food was great but I think she needs to hire someone else. There are not that many tables and if they had help, they could do a better turnover and have more diners. We did go twice last time and would go again when we are there. When we were there in early Dec, it was a soft opening. We were more tolerant knowing this. But it should be "opened" by now.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast