Aruba Beach
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Trip Report - Jan. 29 - Feb. 19

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Hope all the craziness and kids don't interfere too much! Enjoy the serenity of the adult side
    The craziness hasn't bothered us at all. We have stayed away from it and have had a perfectly, relaxing week. But, as I type this, there are kids running and screaming in the hallway right outside of our room.

How was the snorkeling at the private island? We had plans to do that last trip but got lazy. It's so nice to have an adult side to the beaches. Renaissance does it right; a place for families and kids and a place for couples who want quiet time. Enjoy your last day on the island and thank you for sharing. I've enjoyed your reports. Safe home!

Aruba since 1979
    barefoot is always amazing!

we have all enjoyed your story and so glad too that you shared the "ruby story" and now this story of the other dog.

it is unfortunate that during this very busy time in aruba, tranquilo did not have sufficient amount of passengers to go out on a snorkel sail.

thank you so much for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    Tomorrow is our last full day on the island. Its incredible how quickly it flies by. We've spent the last few days just relaxing on the private island. The adult side of the island has been the perfect place to be during this crazy week. We've been in Aruba during president's week many times before. Every resort is crazy. The adult side of the private island and Manchebo have been the only places that we have stayed that haven't been over run with kids during this week. All of the resorts gear up for president's week. They have often warned us how crazy it was going to be, once all of the kids arrived. However, the adult side of the island is peaceful and serene. We have also enjoyed all of the critters over there.

Today was the day that we had scheduled Tranquilo, but they didn't get enough bookings so they canceled. We had booked with them because we wanted to snorkel in a different area than we usually go, but we got to snorkel on the private island, so it was fine.

Last night we had dinner at Barefoot. Everything about the evening was perfect. We both had the caribbean grouper and shared the grand dessert. That is my favorite meal in Aruba. Year after year, Barefoot remains my favorite restaurant.

We didn't have plans for tonight, so we decided to go to Dutch Pancake House. We got a savory pancake, and split a sweet pancake with nutella, bananas, walnuts, and whipped cream. It was soooo good. After dinner, we walked over to the fort to catch the end of the bon bini festival. It was almost over when we got there, but we got to hear the band and see the dancers in their elaborate costumes.

We've enjoyed dividing our vacation between Costa Linda and Renaissance. Its been like having two different vacations. We booked our restaurant reservations accordingly, and have been able to walk to most of them. We walked to all of the restaurants along Eagle Beach, and have walked to all of them downtown. Tomorrow night, our last meal will be at Pinchos at sunset.

I have another dog story. There is an adorable black and white dog that has been hanging around Renaissance. When we came back from the island, we saw him curled up on someone's beach chair, on a beach towel. We stopped and talked to the people around him, and I shared the story about Ruby. A man came up to me and said that he was interested in adopting this dog but didn't know how to go about it. I gave him the contact information for ARF and walked him through the process. I don't have time to get involved this time because we are leaving on Thursday, and I'm not sure that he has enough time to get the process rolling because he only has two more days here. I hope that he can pull it off. I explained that the dog can be shipped to him, once he is cleared by the vet. The dog rescues have certainly made this an interesting vacation. Dogs have a way of bringing people together.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Thanks for sharing your stories! Loved reading about all your experiences and adventures. A special Thank You for caring for those precious dogs like Ruby and this black and white doggie by taking the time to explain to this gentleman how the adoption and transport can be done through ARF. Hope, all works out to safe another deserving Aruba dog.

Time went by really fast! I will be missing reading your trip reports. Enjoy your last full day!

I've enjoyed reading your story, thank you for taking the time to share. We have only been to Barefoot once and it is one of the most memorable meals, we have to get back there!
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Thanks for your reports and keeping us updated on Ruby. Safe travels home!

Thanks for sharing your visit with me! Well all of us. I really enjoyed reading your reports
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Thanks for sharing your trip. Enjoy your last dinner and have a safe flight home!

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    We got home late Thursday night. Now, it's back to reality. The last few days have consisted of unpacking, doing laundry, and grocery shopping. Today, the family is coming over for dinner. After two days of being back, it almost feels like we never went to Aruba. I'm ready to go back already. We flew Delta to Aruba, but the return flights were extremely high, and never went down in price. I ended up booking Southwest home. We had never flown Southwest before, and after reading so many negative comments on here, I was a little concerned. My husband is very tall so we always pay extra for economy comfort on Delta, or economy plus on United. I did pay the extra fee to get zone A on Southwest. I have to say, the process went extremely well. We were able to both get exit row seats in row 4 on the first flight and row 2 on the second flight. The rows seemed to have a little more space between them, so hubby had enough room. We changed planes in Orlando, and the connecting flight was just a few gates away from our departure gate. It couldn't have been easier. We usually change planes in Atlanta or D.C., and have to take the train to the connecting gate. We would definitely fly with them again, but they are canceling this Aruba flight in April, which is a real shame.

Peggy, I didn't have a chance to get back to you about the snorkeling at Renaissance Island. We did it twice. The first time we saw a few decent size fish and right many very small blue fish. The second time, we saw a lot of fish, so we were happy with it.

Our last dinner was at Pinchos. We had a beautiful sunset and a great meal, so it was a wonderful way to spend our last night. We skipped Pinchos last year because we had terrible service the year before. We went again, since we sere staying downtown, and it was an easy walk. We had a different server, named Joann, and she was fantastic. We figured that the guy we had the time before wouldn't last long. He was beyond horrible.

Bully picked us up to go to the airport, and we had our last goodbyes until next time. The only thing that we missed on this trip was not getting to spend enough time with Bully. He has become such a good friend to us over the years. This year, we walked to all of our restaurants on Eagle Beach from Costa Linda, and all of the downtown restaurants from Renaissance. The only time we needed a taxi was when we ate at Azzurro. We had a car for the day, and drove to Barneys.

We didn't hear anything about the Zika virus in Aruba while we were there, including any information about containing it. We did see a few mosquitoes early in the morning when we first arrived at Costa Linda. I heard that there were some on the nature trail at Renaissance Island, so I didn't venture over there. I did see one in the ladies room at Renaissance when we were leaving, but that was all. I believe that the news about Aruba being added to the list happened the day after we left. It sounds like they have already started spraying, and trying to contain it.

Ruby, the dog, had more blood work done on Friday, so hopefully, we'll hear something in a few days. The plan is to hopefully be able to place her with a foster family very soon. until they can find a ride for her back to Boston. She is getting rambunctious, which is a great sign that she is feeling better.

Well, that's it for another year. The countdown begins!
    Last edited by hatteras; 02-21-2016 at 11:59 AM.

Aruba since 1979
    thank you dianne for such a great "aruba story"

i am surprised that the hotels/resorts did not have notifications up about zika and using mosquito repellent.
    i think every hotel needs to make the guests aware of the importance of spraying.

i will dig thru my photos.....once we saw a very very odd fish at renaissance island when we were snorkeling near the rocks.
    he was pretty scary.

thanks so much!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast