Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trip Report July 28-Aug6

Quote Originally Posted by Karen in NYC View Post
    My best guess is "Jellyfish". I looked up some info and its fascinating. I wont describe what a first treatment could consist of, save to say "bodily fluid".....
    On a dive boat, if the boat does not have alcohol or vinegar they will tell you to use the "bodily fluid" in your wetsuit. Thankfully have never had that experience.

Wait I'm confused the title has a future date 8-26 to 9-6-09 and if you went to Aruba and you are Back, that means I missed my Vacation.
    Me & Ei

Next Aruba trip in

my mistake

Quote Originally Posted by me&ei View Post
    Wait I'm confused the title has a future date 8-26 to 9-6-09 and if you went to Aruba and you are Back, that means I missed my Vacation.
    I'm really going CRAZY it still Aug sorry just a little excited
    Me & Ei

Next Aruba trip in

Quote Originally Posted by Karen in NYC View Post
    Very nice report, and thank you for using larger type that older eyes can read.

My best guess is "Jellyfish". I looked up some info and its fascinating. I wont describe what a first treatment could consist of, save to say "bodily fluid".....

This is very interesting:
    Some types of jellyfish have reproductive jelly gatherings 8 to 10 days after a full moon, thus there is an increase in the number of jellyfish found at that time

But, as long as you're ok now. that's all that matters.
    I know exactly what you are talking about. I saw the "Heartbreak Kid" with Ben Stiller and he had gotten bitten in Mexico by a PMOW jellyfish. I saw what his wife had to do to him. Quite funny in the movie, but I would not be happy if that was my treatment

Quote Originally Posted by me&ei View Post
    I'm really going CRAZY it still Aug sorry just a little excited
    I understand. Getting excited for your Aruba trip can make you a little crazy. Enjoy your trip!

Our full moon in Sept is the 4th- we are leaving the 13th- I amguessing that i will be good- I am afraid to begin with of the water-- hate to go in past my ankles but I did good last year with renting a raft-- floated out too far and panic set in- Joe had to come and rescue me--

Lindon: Did you book a garden view room or a standard and got upgraded?

Did you hear the birds from your room?

Quote Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
    Our full moon in Sept is the 4th- we are leaving the 13th- I amguessing that i will be good- I am afraid to begin with of the water-- hate to go in past my ankles but I did good last year with renting a raft-- floated out too far and panic set in- Joe had to come and rescue me--

Lindon: Did you book a garden view room or a standard and got upgraded?

Did you hear the birds from your room?
    We booked a garden room. We were on the second floor of the Bonaire Tower facing the Curaco Tower so we couldn't hear the birds. We had a nice view of the gardens and the pool. I like the second floor because you just have to walk in from the path leading by the lobby and not take any elevators.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123