Aruba Beach

Thread: Trip Report June 29th-July 7th

Trip Report June 29th-July 7th

I want to thank everyone for all the valuable information and questions answered before our trip. I could write 10 pages but I'll try to keep it brief. I have TONS of pictures!

Bully was waiting for us upon arrival and he was great. He gave us information on the way and answered all our questions. He was right on time to pick us up at the end of our trip as well.

We originally had reservations at the Divi Tam but when we arrived there was a 'problem' with our room. They didn't say what it was but they moved us to the Casitas at the Divi AI and I'll have to say that we were VERY happy there for our entire stay. I was surprised at how many rocks and lack of beach there was a the Tam unless you are down by the Bunker bar. We stayed in the lanais 20 years ago and the beachfront at the Casitas seemed double the size from what we remembered. We never had a problem getting a palapa or chairs.

For dinners and nightlife we ended up spending about the same amount of time at both resorts. We didn't end up going across the street at all but they always seemed to be having some kind of party that we could hear from the beach.

Food was good, great variety for everyone. We felt that it was a notch above the food on the RC cruise we took last year.

We pretty much hung out at the beach relaxing but did go downtown shopping (and experienced the orange flags - tootin - like a parade when they won the soccer game - so much fun!), Jolly Pirates, and rented a jeep to tour the entire island. Baby Beach was beautiful - great snorkeling - but very hard to find! I'll have to say the signage on the island is lacking for those that don't know their way around.

We saw a beach wedding and were hoping the turtle eggs would hatch when we were there but not just yet.

It was an awesome vacation and everyone had a great time! Hopefully it won't be another 20 years before we get back!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trip Report June 29th-July 7th-aruba-vacation-2010-036.jpg   Trip Report June 29th-July 7th-aruba-vacation-2010-270.jpg   Trip Report June 29th-July 7th-aruba-vacation-2010-476.jpg  

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    Beautiful Photos!
    Sounds like a great time was had. I'm glad you were happy with the move, as unexpected as I'm sure it was.

Druif Beach, Casibari, Guadirikiri Cave, and Boca Catalina
    Thanks for the report -- and pictures. We're staying at the Tam later this month. I guess I can live with climbing over a few rocks to get to the water if we're not near the Bunker Bar. I assume you can just climb / walk over the rocks and still have swimmable water. Is this correct? I don't mind having to walk down a bit -- especially to find a palapa, since I have fair skin. It's good to know you didn't have trouble getting one, even if you were next door at the Divi.

Aruba since 1979
    my that was a short trip.
    seems just like yesterday that you left for aruba.

thank you for the trip report.

TravelDuff, happy to hear you had a great time and received such a nice upgrade.

Lisa, the beach conditions at the Tamarijn vary widely from week to week, month to month and year to year. The worst have seen was December 2007. In front of 1200 - 1300 and 1500 - 1800 you needed to step over rocks to get into the water. Below, from 2007, if you were careful you could wind your way through and find a space with a bit of sand to step on.

Building 1300

Building 1600 was about the worst

Andrea - Yes - 8 nights 9 days did go by very fast! ArubaLisa - We were very happy with our upgrade! Your pictures look very similar to what I remember from walking through the Tam.

One thing to think about with the bikes, since we missed the bike ride to Boca Catalina on our first day my husband tried to attempt it himself the following day. Well, the chain fell off about 6-8 times on his trip. Needless to say he didn't make it all the way. On Sunday we walked to the flea market and saw a family riding by on bikes and we saw the same thing happen to one of them. If not for that I think we would have attempted riding the bikes more often. I wasn't crazy about no helmets either.

We are definitely looking forward to another trip!

Quote Originally Posted by TravelDuff View Post
    We are definitely looking forward to another trip!
    Start planning now before you begin having withdrawals!

Funny! My husband already wants to go back in Sept - ex-teens this time! We all had a great family vaca but everyone knows it is different without them.

Thought I would share a picture of the cassita room. Even with 2 teen girls this room was plenty big for us. We didn't seem to spend very much time there and we just staggered times to get ready for dinner. Also having the patio area right outside our room was like an extension of the area.

(I could only load one picture - having problems loading the secon, and of course its the better of the 2 - I'll try again later)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trip Report June 29th-July 7th-divi-cassita-room.jpg  

I love the beach (who doesn't?), anywhere that I can snorkel, The Donkey Sanctuary (much to the dismay of my daughter), the lighthouse.
    Thank you for reporting. Your pictures are beautiful...I hope you can post more. They are very well done. Only two more weeks for us!

Deb

Thanks! I'll give it a try in the gallery.......