Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Trip report Nov 26 to Dec 13

Took me 30 minutes to get to the airport today and I left at 10am for a 2:30pm flight. Glad I left early!

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Oh, I almost forgot two things. Yesterday the police were on Arashi beach. Not for people but they were trying to catch a snake on a palapa. They did. Good thing my hubby didn't tell me til the night.

And second, any restaurant I've been in & asked for water, just brought me water. Never asked about the Aqua thing. I think they might just be a small thing & nothing to worry about getting charged. I asked my friend, too, and she didn't even know what' I was talking about. No worries there. If it changes, I'll post but I think that was one or two over eager restaurants that got themselves in hot water. For the most part, I think restaurants are good

No water charges here either.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    It's faster to walk thru downtown than take a cab through it
    i feel badly every time Bully has to drive thru that nightmare traffic!!!

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Cindy, you're absolutely right. I can leave my husband sitting in traffic, I can shop & he might have moved two cars.

the only solution is no downtown. It's no big deal. I'm not a fan of the shopping, only like Pizza n More

Aruba since 1979
    which restaraunts have you dined ?
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    Oh, I almost forgot two things. Yesterday the police were on Arashi beach. Not for people but they were trying to catch a snake on a palapa. They did. Good thing my hubby didn't tell me til the night.

And second, any restaurant I've been in & asked for water, just brought me water. Never asked about the Aqua thing. I think they might just be a small thing & nothing to worry about getting charged. I asked my friend, too, and she didn't even know what' I was talking about. No worries there. If it changes, I'll post but I think that was one or two over eager restaurants that got themselves in hot water. For the most part, I think restaurants are good

So far Le Petit, Taste of Belgium & Moombas. Tonight we're either going to Casa Tua or Bingo's. But there's been no problem at all. As a matter of fact, the complete opposite. Very accommodating.

Aruba since 1979
    enjoy!
    thanks for sharing your story

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    So far Le Petit, Taste of Belgium & Moombas. Tonight we're either going to Casa Tua or Bingo's. But there's been no problem at all. As a matter of fact, the complete opposite. Very accommodating.

The only place we saw the water thing was at a Sidebar. They had an advertisement on the table but never asked about it.

So we found a back way to & from airport. We decided to go to Pizza n More (our last time). So we found our way. We then went to park by the marina across from Renaissance. Now I know I was one of the complainers but it really was easy. They have signs everywhere about permit parking. We got there @ 5:30. I put three florin in and it told me I hit the maximum since there it's only til 7:00. I think the only problem is if you didn't know, you might not have the proper change.

so we walk to Pizza n More. It's 5:30. We sit down & a waitress comes over & tells us she's so sorry but they are out of everything. Next time. So either we were discriminated against, they have idiots who order their inventory or the staff wanted to close early. We will never go there again. Especially because there were people in there. We take the time to go there, they are "open" and she hands me that bull story. I hope the owner reads this. Their pizza is good but it's not that good. Off our list. Ended up at Casa Tua. Always good.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast