Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Trip report Nov 26 to Dec 13

Aruba since 1979
    discriminated against? inventory or lack therof? closing early? whatever the reason, closing early on a saturday evening is not good.
    was mama, the owner there?
    i wonder if there is difficulty in running the 2 restaurants?
    she recently opened up the new place at paradise beach villas.

it is unfortunate that you went all of the way there and were very disappointed.

but, on the upside, the parking was a breeze?
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    So we found a back way to & from airport. We decided to go to Pizza n More (our last time). So we found our way. We then went to park by the marina across from Renaissance. Now I know I was one of the complainers but it really was easy. They have signs everywhere about permit parking. We got there @ 5:30. I put three florin in and it told me I hit the maximum since there it's only til 7:00. I think the only problem is if you didn't know, you might not have the proper change.

so we walk to Pizza n More. It's 5:30. We sit down & a waitress comes over & tells us she's so sorry but they are out of everything. Next time. So either we were discriminated against, they have idiots who order their inventory or the staff wanted to close early. We will never go there again. Especially because there were people in there. We take the time to go there, they are "open" and she hands me that bull story. I hope the owner reads this. Their pizza is good but it's not that good. Off our list. Ended up at Casa Tua. Always good.

So we found a back way to & from airport. We decided to go to Pizza n More (our last time). So we found our way. We then went to park by the marina across from Renaissance. Now I know I was one of the complainers but it really was easy. They have signs everywhere about permit parking. We got there @ 5:30. I put three florin in and it told me I hit the maximum since there it's only til 7:00. I think the only problem is if you didn't know, you might not have the proper change.

so we walk to Pizza n More. It's 5:30. We sit down & a waitress comes over & tells us she's so sorry but they are out of everything. Next time. So either we were discriminated against, they have idiots who order their inventory or the staff wanted to close early. We will never go there again. Especially because there were people in there. We take the time to go there, they are "open" and she hands me that bull story. I hope the owner reads this. Their pizza is good but it's not that good. Off our list. Ended up at Casa Tua. Always good.
    Out of everything? Wait until they're out of customers! Did you ask them for a pitcher of Aqua48? I'll bet they weren't out of that!

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    The waitress said we should come earlier before six. We were there at 5:30???

Anyway, done. Yes, Andrea, the parking signs are very clear, the machines, too. I'll tell you thank goodness for this forum. I went to one of my usual shopping stores which is on the way to downtown on the side lanr where Palmera Rum is. That stretch. Anyway, I pull in and very faintly I see H75. Then i look and see a pay station. Thankfully the store had about six spots with a sign for the store & someone was just pulling out. But I had my florin in hand. I think they'll make their money with people not knowing & then having no florin coins.

What a shame about Pizza and More! I bet they're focusing on their new spot. We were thinking about it for when we went downtown but will probably stick with Casa Tua.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I would stick with Casa Tua. Not worth it. One other time last year I think the oven wasn't working. But you know what I was just thinking? If they did run out of "food", then why did they stay open? Why not just lock the doors. Very bad customer feelings. Like I said, we're done with them.

It's certainly lousy when you make the trek and that's your greeting. I have seen similar posts on Tripadvisor. Casa Tua is more convenient and we have always liked it.

Last night we ate home. Then met friends who arrived Saturday at Hyatt. I won $200, gave some back. She won $1000. Got back to Gold Coast around 10:30 & it was so dark. The electricity in the complex was out. We managed to get in house, fumble our way around. I had two flashlights I packed. My hubby said why did you pack flashlights? I said good thing I did, lol. They were the small LED ones. I usually keep one in my purse, never know. That helped. Today looks nice out. Meeting friends at beach.

Last night we ate home. Then met friends who arrived Saturday at Hyatt. I won $200, gave some back. She won $1000. Got back to Gold Coast around 10:30 & it was so dark. The electricity in the complex was out. We managed to get in house, fumble our way around. I had two flashlights I packed. My hubby said why did you pack flashlights? I said good thing I did, lol. They were the small LED ones. I usually keep one in my purse, never know. That helped. Today looks nice out. Meeting friends at beach.
    Glad to hear someone is winning, we certainly are not. What do you guys play?
    Not sure when, but we will be back

I play either the Cleopatra Slots or Roulette. I won on both. My hubby only plays Blackjack. My friend was playing something with gold bonus bars, don't know for sure. Won the most at Roulette but only if my favorite dealer is there.

Congrats on the wins! So sorry to hear about Pizza and More. I wonder if the mass amounts of cruise passengers had anything to do with their inventory?
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast