Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Trip Report with Photos - Amsterdam Manor 2016

When we were walking back to the car some people were just entering the gate with the cooler (they were apparently smarter than us) but...the donkeys are smart, too, and recognized the cooler and went right for them before they even got half way there. LOL!! So the cooler doesn't work that well. My advice if you have treats: be ready to run. LOL!
    ~Amy~
    "The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts." - - Marcus Aurelius

Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017
    34th trip to Aruba: May 2017
    Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017
    35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

Great trip report and enjoyed all the pictures. We are wine drinkers and would love to try the wine room. Where is it located? Thanks for taking the time to write your report, a late report is better than no report, lol!

Here's the map from their website. It's not on the main road but very close. You need to take the roundabout by Wendy's (between downtown and the low rise hotel area) and go inland. Then take the first right and then take another right by the laundry (kind of like you're going around the block) - it's almost at the end of this street on your right hand side.

Monrick (owner) has a great knowledge of wine - he just recently came back from a wine tour/tastings in Chile and brought some really nice wines back with him.

http://thewineroomaruba.com/#!/contacts
    ~Amy~
    "The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts." - - Marcus Aurelius

Great photos Amy. I enjoyed your report very much. I too love Bugaloe for lunch/dinner etc...just a great island feel there. We will go to Bugaloe twice our first week, first day and then when our friends arrive we want to take them there to start the trip off right.

Where is the photo where it looks like you guys are standing on a deck, starting on photo 2 with the waves crashing in the background on the rocks?
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 08-03-2016 at 10:32 AM.

It's a cute little beach party house which has always been empty when we've been there. We stumbled upon it years ago and now we take a few beers with us, sit on the steps and enjoy the view when we're out and about. I'll send you more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Great photos Amy. I enjoyed your report very much. I too love Bugaloe for lunch/dinner etc...just a great island feel there. We will go to Bugaloe twice our first week, first day and then when our friends arrive we want to take them there to start the trip off right.

Where is the photo where it looks like you guys are standing on a deck, starting on photo 2 with the waves crashing in the background on the rocks?
    ~Amy~

Thanks Amy. Everyone's reports are great. It makes all of us realize how much there really is to do on the island. I am pretty lazy these days on vacation but I am taking mental notes because in another year or so our vacations will evolve as our son gets older. Thanks again.

Great reports and pictures. Thanks Amy

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Always love your reports and pictures Amy. Looks like those donkeys have quite the personalities, you captured great pictures of them. I was surprised to see the old cars pictures, it is nice to see Aruba has some new spots for those who have done it all. Always amazed at how you and Mike never seem to age, what is your secret? Perhaps all the trips to Aruba (LOL) thanks for posting, never too late and always worth looking forward to your reports.

I think I take about 10 photos of the donkeys just to get one good one - thank goodness for digital cameras. LOL!!

Laughter is good anti-aging medicine - we do as much of it as we can and don't take things too seriously! (Which means I now have laugh lines - oh well. LOL!)
    ~Amy~

To bad about S & P. We went there this past March and found it very good. They even gave us the early bird special long after the time had expired.
    [url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

TRIP 14 ON MARCH 5TH 2018
    OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL. EAGLE BEACH ARUBA.
    https://youtu.be/hfk7YBj3Z1k

NOW RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8.
    PLEASE NOTE. OUR UNIT CAN ONLY ACCOMMODATE TWO PEOPLE.
    PLEASE SEND US A PM PRIOR TO BOOKING AND WE'LL MAKE A REFERRAL DIRECTLY TO THE MANAGEMENT COMPANY FOR YOU.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast