Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update from Cindy while the rest sleep..

Update from Cindy while the rest sleep..

Good morning...the girls haven't gotten up yet so I thought I would update our past few days..ATA came a few days ago and took a pic and story of my nephew. Rosalie from THE NEWS did a story on my 11 yr old nephew while he got his own certificate and put it on the front page of the paper yesterday. It was so cute and he was thrilled. THey also did our dear friends for their 10 yr certifcate. SO...we made the paper again. Also, Rosalie came to the HARD ROCK cafe and did a story on our daughters 16th birthday while we celebrated there. The people at the Hard Rock were so nice, did her fav music on the screens, gave her a special bday pin, and gave us a great lunch. Hate to say this, but that was our best meal so far.
    We went to Gianni's and with all the hype expected a superior meal. Let me also say b4 I go into a long story that we eat in Boston's North end and Federal Hill in Providence, so we are used to great italian food. That being said we all weren't happy. That pasta in the cheese wheel sounded specatcular, and $84 dollars later for pasta, it wasn't. It was 42 for 2, so our table ordered 2 platters of it...bad idea. It could have come out of a can. Not happy. We were so looking forward to it, and it just wasn't what we had hoped. I know others have raved about it, and we just didn't enjoy it. Also, we were forwarned it was slow, and 2 hrs later our glasses of water were still empty, no parm cheese offered and the place was packed. Maybe it was an off nite, Thought, I am thinking not. Oh well, we can check it off our list.
    Tonite's plans are for girls and boys nite. The girls are going to Hadicurari and the boy's to El Guachos. I think we will meet at Busters Garage. Thanks to Randi for telling us about that place, the boys LOVE it.
    Weather has been nothing but perfect.
    We had a changing of the guard, old friends left, new family arrived from Boston yesterday afternoon. ITs fun watching thru new eyes. My niece is like the welcome wagon, she has a great time showing new relatives around. We kidding call her Julie Mccoy from the Love boat.
    Been lots of ships in, one day there was 3 docked.
    The private island is going to busy this weekend, there are reported 3 weddings. What a great place for a wedding. I keep telling our teen daughters week 15 is your wedding date in aruba...
    No one has been burned yet in the sun.
    Rented a car and are heading to Charlie's bar today and who knows where else.
    Upcoming plans include Palm Pleasure sunset cruise Sunday eve, OMATS, some shopping and who knows what else.
    Forgive any typos, I am again on this bitty keyboard of Rob's.
    We're going to be meeting arubamark at the end of the week....

CINDYO xoxox
    Last edited by rob o; 04-18-2009 at 08:58 AM.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Aruba since 1979
    omgosh
    your best meal has been at HRC!?

We are all glad that you and the family are having a blast.
    Love your photos from the Bucuti Cam

Great report! Glad the boys like Buster's Garage, are they watching the NHL playoff's? Sorry, we are rooting for Montreal. Boston is loaded with a lot of our ex players not to mention your GM. I am sure it is a lot of fun to be there with a lot of people. Hopefully, Graham is staying with his Canadian roots and cheering on Montreal!! We teased him a lot about being a Toronto Maple Leafs fan.

Gianni's, it is such a mystery. That place started with such promise and it is just a total disorganized mess! Sometimes it is great and sometimes not. Service is generally not amazing but again, sometimes it is awful. Have you ever tried Gamberro Rosso? It is within walking distance from you? We haven't been in a few years but someone told us in December that they really enjoyed it.
    Enjoy Hadicurari.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    Good morning...the girls haven't gotten up yet so I thought I would update our past few days..
    Great to hear from you. I have been thinking about you wondering how much fun you were having.
    Also, Rosalie came to the HARD ROCK cafe and did a story on our daughters 16th birthday while we celebrated there. The people at the Hard Rock were so nice, did her fav music on the screens, gave her a special bday pin, and gave us a great lunch. Hate to say this, but that was our best meal so far.
    Gosh, as Andrea said absolutely amazing that your best meal has been HRC. How was Salt & Pepper?
    We went to Gianni's and with all the hype expected a superior meal. Let me also say b4 I go into a long story that we eat in Boston's North end and Federal Hill in Providence, so we are used to great italian food. That being said we all weren't happy.
    Sorry to hear all of this. There are so many who have been burned by this place. Dh will not, with the exception of the "barely" Italian restaurant at the Tam, step foot into any Italian restaurant on the island. As he simply puts it, Arubans nor Dutch know how to cook Italian. We too have been burned too many times. The way he looks at it, there are so many restaurants to try on the island, we save Italian for here in the states or right in our own home.
    Tonite's plans are for girls and boys nite. The girls are going to Hadicurari and the boy's to El Guachos. I think we will meet at Busters Garage. Thanks to Randi for telling us about that place, the boys LOVE it.
    What a fabulous idea!!! Have a great time!
    Weather has been nothing but perfect.
    Aruba has finally quit raining. VERY glad to hear that!
    Been lots of ships in, one day there was 3 docked.
    They will be dwindling now...heading "across the pond" to Europe for the summer.
    The private island is going to busy this weekend, there are reported 3 weddings. What a great place for a wedding. I keep telling our teen daughters week 15 is your wedding date in aruba...
    Your girls are smart and will know the right thing to do is get married on Ren Island during week 15.
    No one has been burned yet in the sun.
    Excellent!
    Rented a car and are heading to Charlie's bar today and who knows where else. Upcoming plans include Palm Pleasure sunset cruise Sunday eve, OMATS, some shopping and who knows what else.
    CINDYO xoxox
    Cannot wait to hear about OMATS. We already have our reservations. Enjoy it all!

Iguana Joe's, Miss the Natural Bridge, Butterfly Farm
    Sounds like everyone is having a great time and no one is sunburned.

Great signs on the WebCam!
    Mike M

Pool Side in

Thank you Cindy!
    Keep enjoying for all of us...

Thanks Rob for the vacation update,glad to hear that weather is great and everyone is having a great time.ENJOY the rest of you vacation.Loved the cam picture.

Glad your having a great time

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Great report! Glad the boys like Buster's Garage, are they watching the NHL playoff's? Sorry, we are rooting for Montreal.

Sorry Randi....Bruins up....two-zip.

Buster's has good karma for us, I guess!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    Sorry Randi....Bruins up....two-zip.

Buster's has good karma for us, I guess!
    My son is rooting for the Bruins, you have a lot of players that are our ex players, played for the junior teams in this area, born/grew up in this area, including your GM.

Not sure what is happening to Montreal but we are not too heavily invested as this isn't "our" team.

Say 'Hi" to Graham for me.

BTW, can you watch the games from the hot tub?
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast