Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Wacky Wahoo reservations or lack thereof.

Divi links, pool, beach, lighthouse, Arikok National Park, etc.
    Same here Tracey. We only did Wacky Wahoo once about 5 years ago. They would not accommodate my then 3 year old daughter with any kids menu. They made us order a full order of fettuccini alfredo. The sauce was too heavy for her and we were literally wiping off each piece of pasta to give her. They may be more accommodating now- I'm not sure because we haven't been back - but that left me with a bad taste in my mouth (literally and figuratively) as we never encountered a restaurant that would not accommodate a child. We visit Driftwood each year for their fresh catch and we too find it just as comparable food wise and much easier to make a reservation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    We would pick Driftwood as an alternative to WW jist for ease of making a reservation for a comparable meal and value.

I must have been lucky I called about two weeks prior to our arrival in July and only tried to call twice and they answered. I will try again before our next trip and since we will be there two weeks I am sure we will be able to get a reservation. Andrea, I can surely feel your frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by cpjones View Post
    We tried for reservations a couple of years in a row and finally our concierge was able to set us up with reservations. The meal was OK for me and DW loved it. The restaurant was way to noisy so it's not worth the trouble for me to go again.... too many other options.
    CP, agree with you. Very noisy and the food was OK, accept seviche. And agree with Tracy, the Driftwood is better option ( reservation, service, food )

Aruba since 1979
    Unflippingbelievable!
    Imagine the arrogance and customer unfriendliness not to serve the child a half portion....
    or plain fettucine with just butter. This is not "2 fools or Carte blanche" this is a storefront style restaurant that is casual.

That is more infuriating than their phone reservation system.

I am now more than significantly ticked off.
    What would it have cost them to be more accommodating ??

Quote Originally Posted by Lewny1 View Post
    Same here Tracey. We only did Wacky Wahoo once about 5 years ago. They would not accommodate my then 3 year old daughter with any kids menu. They made us order a full order of fettuccini alfredo. The sauce was too heavy for her and we were literally wiping off each piece of pasta to give her. They may be more accommodating now- I'm not sure because we haven't been back - but that left me with a bad taste in my mouth (literally and figuratively) as we never encountered a restaurant that would not accommodate a child. We visit Driftwood each year for their fresh catch and we too find it just as comparable food wise and much easier to make a reservation.

We went to WW once back in 2013 by making a reservation on line. We were 4 people and none of us loved our meal. I am not complaining about it it was fine but I am saying it was nothing that WOWED us. It was a once and done for us as we have so many other restaurants we would like to explore. I had forgotten all about Driftwood,we went there on our first 2 trips to Aruba in 2005,2005 and we did love our meals there and as I recall was quieter than WW.

They only answer the phone between 3:30pm and 5pm.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Aruba since 1979
    yes, and that is my complaint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    They only answer the phone between 3:30pm and 5pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    yes, and that is my complaint.
    I know, I have tried to explain to the owner that if you have online reservations it will make life so much easier. He thinks his "old way" is the best but no matter how you try to explain otherwise he just doesn't get it. Not being reachable also leaves him with empty tables as people can't reach him to cancel. As a result he also can't fill the cancellations. The whole situation is very frustrating!!!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

I ate there for the first time in November 2015. I lucked out because Kent (Aruba Bob Snorkel) was in the Island and made the reservation for me. I met him for Dinner. The fish was very fresh! I think I had Wahoo and Grouper or some combo. I think we met at 6pm but when we left, it was packed. I don't think they have a problem with filling up the place since a lot of locals go there. My take is that they could care less about taking reservations knowing they will always be packed.

Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    I ate there for the first time in November 2015. I lucked out because Kent (Aruba Bob Snorkel) was in the Island and made the reservation for me. I met him for Dinner. The fish was very fresh! I think I had Wahoo and Grouper or some combo. I think we met at 6pm but when we left, it was packed. I don't think they have a problem with filling up the place since a lot of locals go there. My take is that they could care less about taking reservations knowing they will always be packed.
    We'll see how long that lasts. Bad word of mouth has killed some pretty fantastic restaurants. Tourist dollars drive a lot of success in Aruba.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast