Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Wacky Wahoo reservations or lack thereof.

During the tourist/high season, the place is usually packed. However, I have been there when he has "no shows" but more than likely they couldn't call to cancel. I have made reservations and tried to call to reduce the number... no success. Tables sat empty or some lucky "walk in" got a table.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Andrea I feel your pain. I think they answer the phone between 3:30 and 5 on the second Tuesday in each week. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    During the tourist/high season, the place is usually packed. However, I have been there when he has "no shows" but more than likely they couldn't call to cancel. I have made reservations and tried to call to reduce the number... no success. Tables sat empty or some lucky "walk in" got a table.
    Even more so they should be on top of that phone and maintaining a replacement list

Lets figure if they had a better system they could probably count on getting another 2 or 3 tables in daily. They does not sound huge until you do the math. Lets say the average bill was only $100. $300 daily adds up quickly over the 360 odd days they are open. You are talking over 100k in additional sales....these people are idiots. Even at 1 table daily you are talking over 30k additional in sales for doing NOTHING but provide the most basic of customer service.

I bet my numbers are low as well. Think about how many of us won't go.....I am sure there are many, many more that hate the system and don't even attempt to go.

Aruba since 1979
    I'm not sure that they're idiots, but I do believe they are either arrogant, lazy or apathetic. I am leaning towards apathetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Lets figure if they had a better system they could probably count on getting another 2 or 3 tables in daily. They does not sound huge until you do the math. Lets say the average bill was only $100. $300 daily adds up quickly over the 360 odd days they are open. You are talking over 100k in additional sales....these people are idiots. Even at 1 table daily you are talking over 30k additional in sales for doing NOTHING but provide the most basic of customer service.

I bet my numbers are low as well. Think about how many of us won't go.....I am sure there are many, many more that hate the system and don't even attempt to go.

I'm one that has frequently read the same type of complaints. I'm also one that wouldn't even try to go.

Idiots may be a little harsh, lazy, apathetic or content....none are great qualities in an owner, lol. Not everyone is a great businessman/women at heart, and many businesses fail because of it regardless of how good their product is. You need to adapt with the times....time will tell if they adapt. I agree with others that there are too many other great places to worry about it much.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    I'm not sure that they're idiots, but I do believe they are either arrogant, lazy or apathetic. I am leaning towards apathetic.

Honestly, we just love, love their fish so we go a few times every year. Its just a frustrating reservation system. Easiest to ask the concierge to get your reservation.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Why we've never been ... TOO difficult to make a reservation...there are SO many other restaurants.

The last thing I want on vacation is aggravation. I've read too many negative reviews concerning the RSVP system to ever even consider the place.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast