Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree143Likes

Thread: WaltVB in Aruba 2015

WaltVB in Aruba 2015

8/26- We got up at 3:00 AM to get ready for the ride to the airport. I began requesting an Uber ride about 4:15… no drivers available! Now what do we do? We didn’t want to leave our car at the airport for 17 days. Well finally one became available and we were picked up a little late per my schedule, but still in plenty of time. We got to the airport, checked in and off we flew to Aruba. We slept most of the first flight to Miami, grabbed a drink there and boarded the flight to Aruba. We tried flying in coach this trip, our first time and definitely our last time. I don’t care if I have to mortgage the house, never again. We aren’t big people, but the feeling of being crammed in like sardines was not for us. I’m currently looking to see if we can upgrade to first on our return flight. Okay enough about that. We got to Aruba about 20 minutes early, were through immigration in about 20 minutes, and our bags were already off of the carousel when we got to baggage claim. A quick stop in Duty Free and we were out the door. Danny from Tropic was waiting, we got our car and off we went. Since we were on our way by 1:30, lunch was in order and where else but West Deck for our first meal, actually a snack, of Balashi battered grouper fingers and conch fritters. We saw Juan, our waiter there last year. He remembered us and bought us each a drink and chatted away. We promised to return several more times during our stay and we will. Drove through downtown, not much has changed, past the container port which was being cleaned up nicely and on to the Holiday Inn. Our room was ready, and while checking in, the lady mentioned they had already reserved us a palapa for the next day. Nice! We walked by the towel hut and checked on our palapa. When we handed our card to the guy he says you are gold members and gave us one on the front row. Real nice! We walked over to Pelican Nest for a couple of happy hour drinks with Jonathan, stopped at the room and changed and went over to Casa Tua for their incredibly awesome thin crust Tre Frommagio pizza and finished with a nightcap at MooMba.

Aruba since 1979
    terrific....you are there and settled.

yes indeed coach is cramped and on some airlines worse than others.
    aa is pretty tight indeed.

enjoy and when you are able, drop us an update.

have fun
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    8/26- We got up at 3:00 AM to get ready for the ride to the airport. I began requesting an Uber ride about 4:15… no drivers available! Now what do we do? We didn’t want to leave our car at the airport for 17 days. Well finally one became available and we were picked up a little late per my schedule, but still in plenty of time. We got to the airport, checked in and off we flew to Aruba. We slept most of the first flight to Miami, grabbed a drink there and boarded the flight to Aruba. We tried flying in coach this trip, our first time and definitely our last time. I don’t care if I have to mortgage the house, never again. We aren’t big people, but the feeling of being crammed in like sardines was not for us. I’m currently looking to see if we can upgrade to first on our return flight. Okay enough about that. We got to Aruba about 20 minutes early, were through immigration in about 20 minutes, and our bags were already off of the carousel when we got to baggage claim. A quick stop in Duty Free and we were out the door. Danny from Tropic was waiting, we got our car and off we went. Since we were on our way by 1:30, lunch was in order and where else but West Deck for our first meal, actually a snack, of Balashi battered grouper fingers and conch fritters. We saw Juan, our waiter there last year. He remembered us and bought us each a drink and chatted away. We promised to return several more times during our stay and we will. Drove through downtown, not much has changed, past the container port which was being cleaned up nicely and on to the Holiday Inn. Our room was ready, and while checking in, the lady mentioned they had already reserved us a palapa for the next day. Nice! We walked by the towel hut and checked on our palapa. When we handed our card to the guy he says you are gold members and gave us one on the front row. Real nice! We walked over to Pelican Nest for a couple of happy hour drinks with Jonathan, stopped at the room and changed and went over to Casa Tua for their incredibly awesome thin crust Tre Frommagio pizza and finished with a nightcap at MooMba.

Way to go gold member Glad to hear you have finally arrived in paradise! Enjoy!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Enjoy Walt
    Good to hear you settled in very quickly
    post when you can

Wow you are off to a great start having described a perfect first day in Aruba! West Deck for lunch, Casa Tua for dinner and a front row palapa! It doesn't get any better! Enjoy!!

I really need this smile today! Tell Jonathan that Tracey & Jon say hi and we will see him soon!

I'm so happy you are there and ready to enjoy your stay with you. We are contemplating an uber for the airport this year so hopefully one will be available a 4am on Thanksgiving day.hmmmm..guess our back up plan will be to drive and park and hope there are parking spaces available.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Looking forward to hearing more...

Try www.buyreservations.com you can stay at a hotel near the airport.. leave your car and the will transfer you to and from the airport.
    Really nice and you are by the airport so no extra early wake ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    I really need this smile today! Tell Jonathan that Tracey & Jon say hi and we will see him soon!

I'm so happy you are there and ready to enjoy your stay with you. We are contemplating an uber for the airport this year so hopefully one will be available a 4am on Thanksgiving day.hmmmm..guess our back up plan will be to drive and park and hope there are parking spaces available.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    We tried flying in coach this trip, our first time and definitely our last time. I don’t care if I have to mortgage the house, never again. We aren’t big people, but the feeling of being crammed in like sardines was not for us. I’m currently looking to see if we can upgrade to first on our return flight.
    The only way we fly in coach is if we reserve Delta Comfort seats or exit row seats. Too hard to go back to a regular coach seat after being in the other seats for years so I totally get it. We got our Medallion upgrades again on our flights for this trip so I can breeze a sigh of relief.

Hey - enjoy the drinks, sun, and sand and we'll see you soon!
    ~Amy~® - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Aww! You made it! And you are at one of my favorite spots: Palm Beach! Please say Hi to MooMba!

Enjoy your vacation! Looking forward to more reports!

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast