Aruba Beach
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree143Likes

Thread: WaltVB in Aruba 2015

I like the Doc's brat at Scott's. It's such a great little lunch spot and you never have to leave the beach. As for the Boterkoek, I think my husband is addicted and I've been making them at home.

I was thankful for the little mini Boterkoek we found - easy portion control!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    I was thankful for the little mini Boterkoek we found - easy portion control!
    Portion control?? You mean you only eat one per sitting?? Just kidding, they are rich and delicious. I think I will try to make one at home when we get back.

Love Scotts Italian beef hero ! What is Boterkoek ? Sounds like I've been missing something delicious. Lol

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by arubacandy View Post
    Love Scotts Italian beef hero ! What is Boterkoek ? Sounds like I've been missing something delicious. Lol
    Butterkuchen

Boterkoek recipe
    Last edited by CK1; 09-01-2015 at 10:43 PM.

9/1- Did our usual morning and then decided to drive around the island a bit. We went to the old Balashi Gold Smelter ruins and Casibari Rock formations and got in a bit more exercise climbing to the top of both and taking in the views. We headed back through downtown and stopped at Iguana Joe’s for a light lunch and shared the Bon Bon Shrimp and washed them down with a couple of their signature cocktails. We got back to the Surf Club and sat by the pool till dinner. Before going to dinner DW tried to Skype back home, but the bandwidth just wasn’t there. So off to Barney’s where we enjoyed the early bird special. This early bird special has a choice of Caesar salad, Cheeseburger soup (OMG) or onion rings to start, a rack of ribs or their famous Parmesan Grouper with sides and finishes up with a vanilla ice cream/chocolate syrup/whipped cream concoction called something Dame. This early bird special runs all night, every night for the entire month of September and they still have their regular specials each night. It was a great meal as always at Barney’s. When we got back to the room DW again tried, this time successfully, to Skype with DD back home. She told us everything was going fine and not to worry… what? Us worry? All in all another great day in Aruba.

Sounds great! I so wish we had made it to Barney's! I guess there's always next year

Glad you got to Skype. Are you using free wifi? Or did you purchase access?
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Sounds great! I so wish we had made it to Barney's! I guess there's always next year

Glad you got to Skype. Are you using free wifi? Or did you purchase access?
    You must put Barney's at the top of your list next year. We've been here a week already and only been once, I'm sure we'll go back at least once more. WiFi is free in the rooms, lobby and pool areas at the Surf Club for guests

Every time I read your report, my restaurant list changes! Cheeseburger soup sounds interesting.

Aruba since 1979
    sounds terrific
    wishing i were there.

barneys was running that early bird special during May also.
    we were there 2x!
    glad all is well on the home front.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    9/1- Did our usual morning and then decided to drive around the island a bit. We went to the old Balashi Gold Smelter ruins and Casibari Rock formations and got in a bit more exercise climbing to the top of both and taking in the views. We headed back through downtown and stopped at Iguana Joe’s for a light lunch and shared the Bon Bon Shrimp and washed them down with a couple of their signature cocktails. We got back to the Surf Club and sat by the pool till dinner. Before going to dinner DW tried to Skype back home, but the bandwidth just wasn’t there. So off to Barney’s where we enjoyed the early bird special. This early bird special has a choice of Caesar salad, Cheeseburger soup (OMG) or onion rings to start, a rack of ribs or their famous Parmesan Grouper with sides and finishes up with a vanilla ice cream/chocolate syrup/whipped cream concoction called something Dame. This early bird special runs all night, every night for the entire month of September and they still have their regular specials each night. It was a great meal as always at Barney’s. When we got back to the room DW again tried, this time successfully, to Skype with DD back home. She told us everything was going fine and not to worry… what? Us worry? All in all another great day in Aruba.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast