Aruba Beach
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Like Tree143Likes

Thread: WaltVB in Aruba 2015

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    A nice combination of sightseeing and relaxing!

Walt, when you were downtown, did you run into this new parking situation? Just curious.

Walt;
    Your report is refreshing.. keeps bringing back so many nice memories.
    Sure miss downtown... just walking down town listening to the music with a cocktail in hand ... and no worries.
    Miss all the food too..

Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    Walt, when you were downtown, did you run into this new parking situation? Just curious.
    No I didn't...

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    No I didn't...
    Thanks! I think, from Monday on (Sept 7) those parking meters will be in use.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Repeat from another post

Here is your answer:
    If you are a guest of the Renaissance you MUST park in the Renaissance parking lot.
    Parking for Renaissance guests is free for your stay. The strip of parking in front of the marina is NOT a Renaissance Parking Lot. Effective yesterday, Sept 1st, 2015 the parking fee in this lot is 2Afl/hour.
    This means that regardless of which side you are staying - your free parking is available only at the Ocean Suites parking lots.
    I expect in the coming months they will implement a key-card entry system to the lots so that the lots are used for Renaissance only guests.
    Bon Tardi!

Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    Thanks! I think, from Monday on (Sept 7) those parking meters will be in use.

Love reading your daily trip report, I'm getting my daily dose of Aruba !

Your daily post is so addicting... sitting here nursing an Aruba Ariba... dreaming that I am also on the island through your post..

Love the report! I haven't flown coach in 10 years and I don't think I ever will. Can't stand being pack like sardines! It's either Jet Blue with extra leg room or busines class.

On my next trip I will try that Scott Brats for breakfast. I heard they have a make your own bloody mary and they give you 2 shots of vodka. Great way to start the morning.

Love the groupper fingers and conch fritters at West Deck. That's what I usually order and Kesha Yena with white rice if I'm really hungry.

I went to Bingoes last year and really enjoyed it. I see that on their menu they give you the choice for small portion or large portion for Apetiser, entry or dessert. You can have a nice full course meal by just ordering the small portion versions and have appetiser, entry and dessert. I don't think they had that as an option when I went last year.

I had that Barneys special in May and I thought that Cheesburger soup was out of this world! I loved it! The Parm grouper was ok. I once had the Dutch Grouper made with Gouda Cheese which I enjoyed more than the Parm Grouper. I guess I like Gouda cheese more than Parm. Enjoy the rest of the trip and keep us informed!

Will be there in November for thanksgiving but for now I will enjoy Aruba thru these reports.

Aruba since 1979
    So many of us love reading the reports..........because we are living vicariously thru them!

So the last couple of days have been pretty slow. We've been getting up early and hitting the gym and getting in a lot of pool time. We had breakfast at Scott's Brats one day and made a run to Ling's for a couple of things. We tried to do Bavaria for Thai last night, but the chef is on a month long holiday in Germany. So we went to Che bar and had empenadas and chorizo. Today should be busy, we've forgone the gym to get packed up for our scheduled room change and SIL is arriving early this afternoon. We're planning on a light lunch at West Deck after we pick her up and dinner at Barney's tonight.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast