Aruba Beach
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree143Likes

Thread: WaltVB in Aruba 2015

During our stay in April at the Playa Linda, Scott made us breakfast every day!! It was so crowded being Easter week, we never got a palapa near the front and were always in one of the palapa's near Scott and Leslie's place, so often times we had lunch there too.

Glad to hear Che Bar is back up and running after the reported fire earlier this year! We loved their empanadas, they were perfect before a night of music and drinks around Palm beach. Are they in the same spot, next to Tommy Hilfiger?
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    We're planning on a light lunch at West Deck after we pick her up and dinner at Barney's tonight.
    We're meeting friends there later tonight for cocktails - we'll look for you guys! Great meeting you last Monday!
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Glad to hear Che Bar is back up and running after the reported fire earlier this year! We loved their empanadas, they were perfect before a night of music and drinks around Palm beach. Are they in the same spot, next to Tommy Hilfiger?
    Yes, they are still in the same place, but they've added more covered seating out front and the kitchen area seems larger. Still has the same friendly, efficient crew there.

9/4- We changed rooms at the Surf Club and went to pick up SIL at the airport. Her plane was late arriving from Miami, so we checked out 14 Bis for a cocktail while we waited. What a pleasant surprise. We each had a well made drink for $11.00 total. They also gave us a token so we didn’t have to pay for parking. They have a buffet that you pay for by the kilo that had some very good looking items on it. We may check it out before our flight out next week. Since SIL was late getting in we passed on West Deck, and instead stopped by Ling’s and went back for happy hour at the pool. Later we went to Barney’s for dinner. I had the build a burger, DW had the Grouper burger and SIL had the slider special, everything was very tasty, and after dinner we went to Buster’s. There was a pretty good crowd made up mostly of locals. We met some nice people, had a couple of drinks and headed back to the room.

Aruba since 1979
    glad that you made it to busters.

bis14, gets some pretty good reviews.
    $11 for 2 drinks is a fair price.

continue to enjoy and thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    9/4- We changed rooms at the Surf Club and went to pick up SIL at the airport. Her plane was late arriving from Miami, so we checked out 14 Bis for a cocktail while we waited. What a pleasant surprise. We each had a well made drink for $11.00 total. They also gave us a token so we didn’t have to pay for parking. They have a buffet that you pay for by the kilo that had some very good looking items on it. We may check it out before our flight out next week. Since SIL was late getting in we passed on West Deck, and instead stopped by Ling’s and went back for happy hour at the pool. Later we went to Barney’s for dinner. I had the build a burger, DW had the Grouper burger and SIL had the slider special, everything was very tasty, and after dinner we went to Buster’s. There was a pretty good crowd made up mostly of locals. We met some nice people, had a couple of drinks and headed back to the room.

9/5- Another typical morning. We floated in the lazy river and played pool bingo but didn’t win anything. Later we walked down to Carlito’s for happy hour and afterwards went to Pelican Nest for dinner. SIL had the Trio, DW had the fried shrimp, and I had the mahi mahi. Everyone’s food was good, but a little on the cool side. We didn’t understand this as the plates were screaming hot. Unfortunately service was on the slow side but overall an acceptable dinner. We wrapped up the night at MooMba’s. It was just a nice slow Saturday. Tomorrow we may have guests over to float in the lazy river.

Walt....coming in tomorrow!! Can't wait!!! See you at the river!!! Lol

The lazy river sounds wonderful. I wish more resorts had that feature.

Dam.... I am so jealous !!
    Here I am sitting on the "lazy" recliner..with a cup of coffee... trying to get lazy butt together for work, lol
    No really glad you are having a good time..
    It is so nice to read your post before going to work....your happiness is making me happy
    Keep posting.. I will sneak on the computer to read more tonight...
    By the way have a drink for me while I am working tonight... might make my night a little better... lol
    Last edited by brady bear; 09-06-2015 at 09:37 PM.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast