Aruba Beach
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree143Likes

Thread: WaltVB in Aruba 2015

Quote Originally Posted by nikko View Post
    Walt....coming in tomorrow!! Can't wait!!! See you at the river!!! Lol
    Let me know who you are... wear a big hat or something We'll be at the BB party later today... see you there?

9/6- We started the morning with breakfast at MooMba’s. They have an excellent omelet chef this year and she was on point this morning, coupled with unlimited mimosas it was a great start to the day. Then it was back to the pool and lazy river. We played bingo again and DW won $10…we love breaking even J. Our guests (Scott and Leslie) arrived and we did laps in the lazy river and sat around, had drinks, and talked about nothing and everything. It was a great afternoon. Later we went to Carlito’s for happy hour (Tracey, I left you and Jon a message on the wall, I hope you have fun looking for it). We had dinner in the room; it’s getting time to use up all the groceries. Later we went down to MooMba’s for after dinner drinks and to see our friend Anandi. It was her last night working at MooMba, she is leaving to go back to Holland and the man of her dreams. Tomorrow we plan to go shopping downtown

Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post

By the way have a drink for me while I am working tonight... might make my night a little better... lol
    Did my best, may have had a few drinks for you, but that's why I'm here to make everyone's day or night a little better

Thats awesome! We will definitely put it some time at Carlitos drinking mudslides and looking for our message!
    Not sure when, but we will be back

9/7- What a busy day. After breakfast in the room we went downtown to do a little shopping and I looked over the parking situation again. Almost every available parking spot downtown in lots and on the streets has an alpha-numeric designation. I only saw one pay machine and it was a couple of streets behind the Parliament building. There were two guys standing in front of it and it looked like they were trying to figure out how it worked. Again I parked in front of 7West and there was no machine even close by, A lady working in one of the shops on the side street said they were putting in meters a few at a time. Okay, I’m done doing parking recon, someone else will have to carry that torch. After we finished shopping we stopped by Scott’s Brats for lunch, ran by SuperFoods for a few items and got back to the pool in time for happy hour. Then it was off to the BB party. It was great seeing everyone there. Again we had a quick bite in the room for dinner and took a short nap before heading down to MooMba for Anandi’s going away party. There was a great turnout and smiles, laughs, hugs and tears were shared by all. We ran into Curtis and Maggie and hung out with them for a bit before calling it a night and heading to bed. Tomorrow promises to be a slow, lay by the pool day.

Busy day indeed! Thanks for checking on the parking again. Enjoy the slow pace today!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Thanks for checking out the parking situation, Walt. It seems, everything is happening at Aruba time.
    Glad you had another great day filled with fun, excitement and laughter!

Enjoy your relaxing day at the pool.

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    9/7- What a busy day. After breakfast in the room we went downtown to do a little shopping and I looked over the parking situation again. Almost every available parking spot downtown in lots and on the streets has an alpha-numeric designation. I only saw one pay machine and it was a couple of streets behind the Parliament building. There were two guys standing in front of it and it looked like they were trying to figure out how it worked. Again I parked in front of 7West and there was no machine even close by, A lady working in one of the shops on the side street said they were putting in meters a few at a time. Okay, I’m done doing parking recon, someone else will have to carry that torch. After we finished shopping we stopped by Scott’s Brats for lunch, ran by SuperFoods for a few items and got back to the pool in time for happy hour. Then it was off to the BB party. It was great seeing everyone there. Again we had a quick bite in the room for dinner and took a short nap before heading down to MooMba for Anandi’s going away party. There was a great turnout and smiles, laughs, hugs and tears were shared by all. We ran into Curtis and Maggie and hung out with them for a bit before calling it a night and heading to bed. Tomorrow promises to be a slow, lay by the pool day.

Had a great time meeting up with you guys. I will never look at grocery shopping or cupcakes the same way again. DW will know what that means. Tapped out kind of early we got up to watch the sunrise on the north shore (first time ever) so it was kind of a long day for us.

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

Hey Walt!! Glad you are having a great time. I thought I seen your name on the calendar to go snorkeling tomorrow. That don't sound like a slow day to me. Sounds like you better get some rest!!! Take care.
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

9/8- Today was a slow day. We sat by the pool and played bingo and that’s about it. Sometimes you just have to slow down and enjoy life, plus we’re running out of days here. I swear the longer we stay the shorter the trip seems. We went to the owners meeting at 5:00; I will forward some of the info they passed on to us in the Timeshare section. We went to Tandoor for dinner, a first for us, and we were very happy with the decision. Each of us had something different so we could share. If you like Indian cuisine, the food and service at this place is top notch. Later after dinner we met Mike, Amy, Steve and Noreen for celebratory drinks at the Local Store. I really like what they’ve done to the place and they now stock several craft brews. While there we heard a strange noise coming from the tin roof and realized it was raining. It poured for about a minute and then it was over. We said our goodbyes and went back to the room. Up tomorrow is our Aruba Bob Snorkel trip, we’re really looking forward to it.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast