Aruba Beach
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree171Likes

Thread: WaltVB in Aruba 2016

Aruba since 1979
    sounds awesome!

where is chihuahuas?

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Cinco de Mayo was a fun day on Aruba. We made a speed run to Lings, I think I really like them better than Super Food. The parking is better and the prices are competitive, plus the crowds are smaller. They were open for a few hours due to it being Ascension Day. Following a losing day at poolside bingo, we enjoyed the margarita special at Pelican Nest in the afternoon, the bartenders had sombreros and maracas and poured perfect drinks. We followed that up with a great Mexican meal at Chihuahua's for dinner. This will become our favorite Mexican place I'm sure, the service and food were really good, the staff entertaining and the prices were great. They have specials a few days a week like all you can eat tacos (I think for $12.95) and other things. We wrapped up the day at MooMba, sharing drinks with our favorite semi-retired couple on the island.

Chihuahua's is located in South Beach Center, behind Hooters...

https://www.facebook.com/ChihuahuasAruba/

Cinco de Mayo was a fun day on Aruba. We made a speed run to Lings, I think I really like them better than Super Food. The parking is better and the prices are competitive, plus the crowds are smaller. They were open for a few hours due to it being Ascension Day. Following a losing day at poolside bingo, we enjoyed the margarita special at Pelican Nest in the afternoon, the bartenders had sombreros and maracas and poured perfect drinks. We followed that up with a great Mexican meal at Chihuahua's for dinner. This will become our favorite Mexican place I'm sure, the service and food were really good, the staff entertaining and the prices were great. They have specials a few days a week like all you can eat tacos (I think for $12.95) and other things. We wrapped up the day at MooMba, sharing drinks with our favorite semi-retired couple on the island.
    Hey! You're living MY dream!!!

I'm still reeling from your skydiving photos... I have to make that jump!!

Glad to see a post from Act1966 this morning. Wasn't sure you'd make it after Cinco de Mayo. Any excuse to drink Margaritas, am I right?

Walt, how is Pelicans Nest this year for you? Our last visit I wasn't loving it quite as much amd there seemed to be some turn over in the staff, but Jonathan and Ray are always great bartenders to visit.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Glad to see a post from Act1966 this morning. Wasn't sure you'd make it after Cinco de Mayo. Any excuse to drink Margaritas, am I right?
    My mantra: when in doubt, over indulge.

Ole!

We will be trying this place.. love good Mexican food and of course the drinks to follow it too.

Chihuahua's is located in South Beach Center, behind Hooters...

https://www.facebook.com/ChihuahuasAruba/

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Walt, how is Pelicans Nest this year for you? Our last visit I wasn't loving it quite as much amd there seemed to be some turn over in the staff, but Jonathan and Ray are always great bartenders to visit.
    We aren't regulars at Pelican Nest by any means, but we had a good time yesterday. Service was good, and the margarita's were on point. Everyone was having a good time and enjoying themselves. I also ran into Ana who waited on us and treated us like royalty at MooMba two years ago. It was awesome to see her and she remembered us. We are going back to see her Sunday.

Sounds like a great time. Much better than mine - we snuck margaritas from a ready made bottle in the parking lot at the baseball field! Oops.

Does Chihuahua's use black beans or refried beans?
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

When we were there in March they had $2.00 Margaritas with dinner. Might have been Friday nights only. Feel free to chime in act.

TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Sounds like a great time. Much better than mine - we snuck margaritas from a ready made bottle in the parking lot at the baseball field! Oops.

Does Chihuahua's use black beans or refried beans?
    You know Jacki, I didn't notice, I'm not sure we had any bean dishes. But everything we had and tasted was great. I really recommend this place if you're looking for Mexican. It seemed to be very authentic.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast