Aruba Beach
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree171Likes

Thread: WaltVB in Aruba 2016

Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    When we were there in March they had $2.00 Margaritas with dinner. Might have been Friday nights only. Feel free to chime in act.
    The two dollar margaritas are on Fridays. But the margaritas on Thursday, Cinco De Mayo, were still only 4 bucks and were excellent.

Spent the day at the pool. Played bingo, met a bunch of people and made new friends from northern Virginia while hanging around the pool bar. We went to dinner at Casa Tua and then for drinks at Moomba with them. They go home tomorrow, but we have exchanged numbers and emails so we plan to keep up with them. This is the kind of day we love in Aruba, no plan, no nothing but a slow great day. We are looking forward to about 10 more....

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Another great thing about Aruba meeting new friends and keeping in contact with some of them over the years. One of my favorite memories are the people we have met.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Spent the day at the pool. Played bingo, met a bunch of people and made new friends from northern Virginia while hanging around the pool bar. We went to dinner at Casa Tua and then for drinks at Moomba with them. They go home tomorrow, but we have exchanged numbers and emails so we plan to keep up with them. This is the kind of day we love in Aruba, no plan, no nothing but a slow great day. We are looking forward to about 10 more....

Yesterday was kind of busy. We had to change rooms and although the process is painless, it still disrupts the day. We went to Price Smart for some booze and stopped downtown for lunch. We parked on the street by 7West and gave up 2 Florin to park. The machines are very easy to operate, and 90 minutes for two Florin seemed very reasonable. We had a light lunch at Iguana Joe's, DW got a new ring at Hibiscus and I bought a t-shirt at Bula. We made it back to the Surf Club about 45 minutes before they called and told us our new room was ready. When you change rooms at the Surf Club, you don't have to leave your current room till the new one is ready. They give you a cell phone so you can go about your day and call when it's time to change. All you have to do is pack up your clothes and the stuff in the fridge, you even leave all of your hanging stuff on the hangers. A bellman comes with a cart and your new keys, and moves all of your stuff for you. So simple. We got settled in, started a load of laundry and set off to the HI Oceanside bar for happy hour and to watch the Derby and sunset. Dinner was at Salt and Pepper where we shared some tapas.

We are switching rooms today. I thought the process here at Playa Linda was efficient, but the Surf Club's process is even better. Here we have to depart room by 12 and it could be up til 3:00 before new room is ready. Fortunately we've never had to wait that long. We usually use the time to go into town and/or grab groceries and when we return the new room is ready. Today we have decided to hang on the beach though. Hopefully will see you later!

Aruba since 1979
    ummmm, the only 2 words i see in today's 7:56 am report are "new ring"

enjoy

and thanks so much for sharing your trip with us.
    Yesterday was kind of busy. We had to change rooms and although the process is painless, it still disrupts the day. We went to Price Smart for some booze and stopped downtown for lunch. We parked on the street by 7West and gave up 2 Florin to park. The machines are very easy to operate, and 90 minutes for two Florin seemed very reasonable. We had a light lunch at Iguana Joe's, DW got a new ring at Hibiscus and I bought a t-shirt at Bula. We made it back to the Surf Club about 45 minutes before they called and told us our new room was ready. When you change rooms at the Surf Club, you don't have to leave your current room till the new one is ready. They give you a cell phone so you can go about your day and call when it's time to change. All you have to do is pack up your clothes and the stuff in the fridge, you even leave all of your hanging stuff on the hangers. A bellman comes with a cart and your new keys, and moves all of your stuff for you. So simple. We got settled in, started a load of laundry and set off to the HI Oceanside bar for happy hour and to watch the Derby and sunset. Dinner was at Salt and Pepper where we shared some tapas.

She buys something from Hibiscus almost every trip. They aren't the most expensive rings, but they have nice, stylish, silver rings with or without semi-precious stones for a great price. It worked for her Mother's day present too

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach

Sounds like a great day. I love Hibiscus. I have purchased several pieces of laramar there. The people that run the store are very nice to work with.

I'm enjoying your trip reports even though I have to admit it's making me miss Aruba a bit. We're usually in Aruba at this time but I got talked into a Vegas trip. So here we are in Vegas and it's only been in the 60's! So where is this Hibiscus store?

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I'm enjoying your trip reports even though I have to admit it's making me miss Aruba a bit. We're usually in Aruba at this time but I got talked into a Vegas trip. So here we are in Vegas and it's only been in the 60's! So where is this Hibiscus store?
    60 degrees? Brrrr... It's been pretty hot here and not as windy as usual. Hibiscus is upstairs in Royal Plaza Mall downtown. It's on the same level and around the corner from Iguana Joe's.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast