Aruba Beach
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree171Likes

Thread: WaltVB in Aruba 2016

We're up for adoption...

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    It varies depending on work - we try to spend as much of the winter down there as we can. We're sticking friends and family in there during non-winter months so we generally have year-round occupancy.
    Last edited by schexc; 05-10-2016 at 05:05 PM.
    TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Can I be your long lost sister???

Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    We're for adoption...
    Pro-adoption. Check.

How are your blender skills?
    I would ask this of any children we'd look at adopting.

My blender skills are wonderful, I clean and cook as well, LOL.

Walt we may be down later if it clears up. If not, def tomorrow. Can't wait to enjoy the lazy river.

Act - every time we go out driving around I point out about 5 or 6 houses and say "that looks like the house on the hgtv episode". lol

Quote Originally Posted by kemperato View Post
    Act - every time we go out driving around I point out about 5 or 6 houses and say "that looks like the house on the hgtv episode". lol
    LOL - I'm sure we'll be doing that on the next trip..."Wasn't that the house?!?"

The houses and land were as follows:

The one with the high cathedral ceilings and the insane pool is in Safir in Noord.
    The one where we only looked at the small kidney pool in the back is in Gasparito
    The piece of land is in Rooi Santo (behind Ting Wei).
    And our house is in heaven.

With all of the rain yesterday, we did a lot of shopping. Actually, other than grabbing a couple of things at Ling's, it was a lot of looking and no buying. We went to Paseo Herencia mall, Palm Beach Plaza and several other shops in the Palm Beach area and in a few of the hotels. We just dodged the raindrops and went for it. We noticed a lot of empty storefronts in both malls, it was a bit disturbing, we were hoping that Palm Beach Plaza would have grown more. We did see that Iguana Joe's may be adding a location there. Breakfast and lunch were in the room and heavy hors d'oeuvres at the owners meeting was dinner. The rain had finally stopped so we waded down to Moomba for a couple of drinks. We met and talked to a bunch of nice folks there and had a pretty slow evening.

I have the episode stored on my iPad, so next trip we're going to
    hunt them all down. Hope to take a dip in the inflatable pool

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    LOL - I'm sure we'll be doing that on the next trip..."Wasn't that the house?!?"

The houses and land were as follows:

The one with the high cathedral ceilings and the insane pool is in Safir in Noord.
    The one where we only looked at the small kidney pool in the back is in Gasparito
    The piece of land is in Rooi Santo (behind Ting Wei).
    And our house is in heaven.
    TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Yesterday the weather was back to normal. We started the day by receiving our "Distinguished Visitor" award from the ATA. We were presented it with two other couples and come to find out both of those couples were from Virginia Beach and we all six graduated from the same high school. Small world, we've only met a few folks from Virginia in all of our trips. The rest of the day we spent hanging out with Kim and Darrin (kemperato) here at the Surf Club. We played poolside bingo, had drinks, and floated in the lazy river. Later we went to the Local Store for garlic parmesan, blue bbq and Buffalo wings and fried pickles and loaded french fries. We had an awesome time with our new friends. After dinner we parted ways and Pam and I ended up at Moomba. While there we met a few of the crew from "The Swedish Bachelor" that are shooting their show on the island. They were a great bunch and we enjoyed meeting them.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast